Stand a chance to win 3M auto care products worth $30+!

spzen

Join 3M Car Paint Protection Survey and Stand a chance to win 3M auto care products worth $30+!

Hello MCF car perfectionists! Car coating protection is now almost a must-have for most car owners. From waxes to sealants, to now silica coating, the search for the perfect protection and shine for our beloved ride never ends. 

In light of this, 3M would like YOU to share more about your paint protection experience with us and tell us what you want and need in a paint protection coating.

Simply fill up the survey by 24th July 2017 and stand a chance to win 3M auto care products worth $30+! 

Winners will be chosen on a random basis and will be announced on this thread by 7 August 2017. Kindly note that winners will need to self-collect the prizes at SGCM Office (from 28 August - 15 September 2017, Monday - Friday, 10 AM - 5 PM).

Thank you for your participation. We look forward to receiving your valuable comments and insights!

post-174971-0-50966000-1499834354.png

About Sponsor
3M has been improving lives in Singapore for 50 years. Since its founding in 1966, 3M Singapore has grown from its humble beginnings with only 8 employees, to a company with more than 1,600 employees and established local capabilities to serve the needs of local, regional and global customers. 3M’s presence in Singapore includes two manufacturing plants at Woodlands and Tuas, an R&D Center at Woodlands, and a Customer Technical Center, laboratory and other supply chain and business operations based at Yishun.
The company serves diverse consumer and industrial markets and is a market leader in many of these markets, which include electronics, chemicals, building and construction, transport engineering, health care, and consumer retail.

Some of the Giveaways Items!* 
(Please note that you will receive a randomized combination of 3M Autocare Products)

post-174971-0-70196100-1499834373.jpg

3MCar Wash Soap 

3MCar Wash Soap gives a cherry fragrance and removes dirt and grime without removing your wax protection. Clear coat safe. 

post-174971-0-03540200-1499834386.jpg
3M Quick Wax 

3M Quick Wax is a sprayable detailing wax. Recaptures that “just waxed” look, either for touch ups between washes or streak free drying after a wash. Easy mist on and wipe application. 

post-174971-0-39277000-1499834398.jpg
3M Leather and Vinyl Restorer

Deeply cleans dirt and grime from all vinyl, leather, rubber and plastic surfaces. Does not leave a greasy residue and has a fresh lemon scent!

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

thanks for the heads up. May I know why there is 2 survey of the same?

After survey one has being completed. It says survey 2.

Not wanting to be KS I did not do the second survey

Edited by Sdf4786k

Internal Moderator

It is a typo error, sir! So sorry for the confusion! I have edited the title for the survey! (: 

Have you participated the survey? 

There are interesting car grooming products to be won! Recently we have a lot of grooming product sponsor. Good time to give your car a good bath! haha. 

thanks for the heads up. May I know why there is 2 survey of the same?

After survey one has being completed. It says survey 2.

Not wanting to be KS I did not do the second survey

I am going to state it here.

What I (and some of my friends) WANT is a clean and wax/seal product.

i.e. Your car is dirty (not unreasonably but just usual traffic grime) and you only have to use this ONE product. No need to do step 1 wash, step 2 wax. And your car is waxy feeling, glossy and beads water.

Meguairs Qwik Wax used to be able to do this.

It had been taken off the shelves in Singapore.

I hardly think it was because it wasn't selling well (because it was usually the first one sold out of all the Meguairs products, and it wasnt just me buying/looking for it but my group of car nut friends).

My theory? Car product companies all like to sell you multiple products, Super clean, Super wax, Super polish, Super detailer etc etc.

This one product was cannibalizing the brand's other product sales. So they pulled it. I know because I didn't buy anything else but this product.

There I finally ranted about it.

Turbocharged

I am going to state it here.

What I (and some of my friends) WANT is a clean and wax/seal product.

i.e. Your car is dirty (not unreasonably but just usual traffic grime) and you only have to use this ONE product. No need to do step 1 wash, step 2 wax. And your car is waxy feeling, glossy and beads water.

Meguairs Qwik Wax used to be able to do this.

It had been taken off the shelves in Singapore.

I hardly think it was because it wasn't selling well (because it was usually the first one sold out of all the Meguairs products, and it wasnt just me buying/looking for it but my group of car nut friends).

My theory? Car product companies all like to sell you multiple products, Super clean, Super wax, Super polish, Super detailer etc etc.

This one product was cannibalizing the brand's other product sales. So they pulled it. I know because I didn't buy anything else but this product.

There I finally ranted about it.

I see Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax (that bright yellow liquid product) in stores all over the place. Wouldn't that be what you are looking for? 

I also see Wash & Wax products from other brands such as Armorall available here

I see Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax (that bright yellow liquid product) in stores all over the place. Wouldn't that be what you are looking for? 

I also see Wash & Wax products from other brands such as Armorall available here

That requires you to use water and wash your car and dry it.

The previous Qwik Wax, you spray it on a towel and just wipe your dirty car and its done.

Much easier to use.

Wash and wax, almost all brands have it.

Turbocharged

The previous Qwik Wax, you spray it on a towel and just wipe your dirty car and its done.

Much easier to use.

So perhaps you are asking for a quick detailer? Such as Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer? That doesn't produce a wax, but it does have a protective sealant, and simultaneously can be used to clean superficial daily grime. It's formulated for daily use though so it's not like a once a week "wash" type of thing.

If not, I expect what you are asking for is a waterless/rinseless wash that also includes wax. Like ONR, but with wax inside and in spray form?

I did a search for the Qwik Wax you mentioned and I only find the red bottle Quik Wax which is still available through the right channels, although Ultimate Quik Wax is readily available in many places here.

So perhaps you are asking for a quick detailer? Such as Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer? That doesn't produce a wax, but it does have a protective sealant, and simultaneously can be used to clean superficial daily grime. It's formulated for daily use though so it's not like a once a week "wash" type of thing.

If not, I expect what you are asking for is a waterless/rinseless wash that also includes wax. Like ONR, but with wax inside and in spray form?

I did a search for the Qwik Wax you mentioned and I only find the red bottle Quik Wax which is still available through the right channels, although Ultimate Quik Wax is readily available in many places here.

Yup the Red Bottle Quik Wax is the one.

It contains a cleaning agent which allows you to clean and wax with one cloth. Basically, the lubricating agents on it allows you to spray it on a dirty surface and when you wipe it off, it stays waxy.

If you used it you will understand. It makes cleaning cars in Singapore much much easier.

Can you share the link on where to get it?

The other stuff like Ultimate Quik Wax etc, it doesn't work on dirty surfaces. Quick Wax (red bottle) does a great job on that.

Turbocharged

Yup the Red Bottle Quik Wax is the one.

It contains a cleaning agent which allows you to clean and wax with one cloth. Basically, the lubricating agents on it allows you to spray it on a dirty surface and when you wipe it off, it stays waxy.

If you used it you will understand. It makes cleaning cars in Singapore much much easier.

Can you share the link on where to get it?

The other stuff like Ultimate Quik Wax etc, it doesn't work on dirty surfaces. Quick Wax (red bottle) does a great job on that.

sounds good  [thumbsup]

I personally just use the Ultimate Quik Detailer only as my car is already PPS'd so I doubt wax will adhere reliably.

Did a search for you, I found "Cleaner Liquid Wax" via iprice, but unfortunately this is not what you're looking for.

However I found Quik Wax via a seller named Hypercoat on Lazada. The price is akin to a bottle of UQD...

Alternatively you can consider buying from Amazon (US$6.56 each) but I dunno if you can get free shipping somehow.

Turbocharged

sounds good [thumbsup]

I personally just use the Ultimate Quik Detailer only as my car is already PPS'd so I doubt wax will adhere reliably.

Did a search for you, I found "Cleaner Liquid Wax" via iprice, but unfortunately this is not what you're looking for.

However I found Quik Wax via a seller named Hypercoat on Lazada. The price is akin to a bottle of UQD...

Alternatively you can consider buying from Amazon (US$6.56 each) but I dunno if you can get free shipping somehow.

I use it also.

With the pps underneath, it complements very well and really shines with that watery look.

Another product is 3M quick detailer.

Also good.

It is a typo error, sir! So sorry for the confusion! I have edited the title for the survey! (: 

Have you participated the survey? 

There are interesting car grooming products to be won! Recently we have a lot of grooming product sponsor. Good time to give your car a good bath! haha. 

cool, thanks.

Have enrolled.

Much easier to use.

while I like the idea of a quick and dirty solution, I would caution on spray and wipe with towel. The sand particles trap on the first initial wipe goes onto the towel. 

The towel is also abrasive, and u get fine swirl mark in the process.

But I do agree with u, after 6 months and many bird poo later, who cares. And if the car is more then 5 years old, many would not even bother unless its a quick fix.

↡ Advertisement