• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
14 replies to this topic | 50 praises

Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:46 AM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

At the price point of a Golf GTi, its going to sell in big numbers

Using Land rover chassis and FWD. Wonder how the new Volvo XC60 will be able to compete.

But based on reliability, going by Land Rover , its going to be difficult to convenience the type of buyers with deep pocket who treasure convenience and time.

antelop praised this

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:30 PM

Rayoflight
  • Rayoflight
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Looks good from rear... the front can't say much hahaha. Looks like chubby cat infront

Sexy ass

Edited by Rayoflight, 14 July 2017 - 12:30 PM.

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:25 PM

Sunny
  • Premium member
    Sunny
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i agree, the front not too eye catchy

and red color, look like mazda cx3

there is thread on this before

http://www.mycarforu...hl=+jaguar +suv

mod need to merge liao

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:07 AM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    6th Gear
    Author Image

i agree, the front not too eye catchy

and red color, look like mazda cx3

there is thread on this before

http://www.mycarforu...hl=+jaguar +suv

mod need to merge liao

Yeah.. I serach and spotted this was like fake news. So seperate the F Pace with the E pace. Else can Merge volvo XC 60 and XC90 liao  [laugh]

Sunny praised this

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:40 AM

Ngbernie
  • Ngbernie
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

At the price point of a Golf GTi, its going to sell in big numbers

Using Land rover chassis and FWD. Wonder how the new Volvo XC60 will be able to compete.

But based on reliability, going by Land Rover , its going to be difficult to convenience the type of buyers with deep pocket who treasure convenience and time.

It's a compact SUV/crossover, not as big as the XC60. Probably vezel/Q2 size, smaller than X1 even. Need to price below 140k in today's market to be attract badge-conscious singaporeans.

The range topping 296bhp will be much closer to the F-pace in pricing, £45k+ in the UK so definitely 200+k if wearnes brings it in

OT: the towering man in the video makes the E-pace look like a hatchback!

antelop praised this

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:13 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

CX5 wannabe!!
Targetting to truly retire by 2028
Give away my CPF
Travel the world and smoke those Cubans!

Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:20 PM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    6th Gear
    Author Image

with the Jag using the Land Rover "tech", would it not be cannibalizing sales from the rover siblings?

A bit like the VW Golf R and the Audi S3

Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:18 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I think the VW Tiguan and BMW X3 are going to lose some business.  [laugh]

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 16 July 2017 - 04:42 PM

Rayoflight
  • Rayoflight
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Not exactly manz

When they launched the F pace, they said bmw n mercs going to lose some suv/cuv biz.

Until now i dont think the F pace selling that well at all.

I forsee the new x3 will nail it considering how well the g30 is selling. Mercs already nailed it with the GLC.

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:39 AM

7hm
  • Premium member
    7hm
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Looks really small next to that man lol

Driving car, not funny, bid for car with COE, ERP, road tax, PARF until you want to barf

Dabbler in digital graphics, computer assembly, tech and photography.
「さぁ、今、手を伸ばして 」

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:58 AM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Not exactly manz

When they launched the F pace, they said bmw n mercs going to lose some suv/cuv biz.

I forsee the new x3 will nail it considering how well the g30 is selling. Mercs already nailed it with the GLC.

Its all relative to prices and the CC.

I recall asking why with the car allowance provided, my supervisor did not get the more fun to drive X6. he mention the petrol and Road tax means he have to come out his own money.. 

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:21 PM

ahboy86
  • ahboy86
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Not exactly manz

The problem for jaguar F Pace's limited appeal is like due to the engine variant available. 

The cheapest being an Ingenium Diesel. The petrols are all 3.0. 

I reckon that Jaguar needs to have the Ingenium 2.0 Petrol in ASAP; fortunately it's already in production. 

So we should see it soon in the local line up of XE, XF, FPace and FType, maybe XJ also. 

The Ingenium Turbo Petrol will be in 20t (200hp), 25t (250hp), 30t (300hp) formats. 

What's going to make it here, let's see. 

That should improve Jaguar's ability to compete, with updated engines etc. 

Nonetheless, don't expect Jaguars to each the numbers of the 3 Germans. 

Still a niche marque in its own right. 

I note that the E-Pace is available standard with LED headlights and Incontrol touch PRO - these are not standard in the rest of the range yet. Jaguar also needs to up the standard equipment to take the fight to that big 3 Germans. 

Edited by ahboy86, 17 July 2017 - 10:23 PM.

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:30 AM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

TBH, engine variant (or lack of) is the reason for dismal sales of the F-Pace locally. Look at the various conti SUVs not counting their performance variants, all of them have very limited choices, some worse than F-pace. 

Eg. GLC only 250 or nothing (now just announced the 200

X3, just x20i, x28i, x35i (all petrol) 

XC60, only T5

Q5, 2.0T in 2 tunes. 

I have test driven the F-pace, both the diesel and 3.0 petrol. Both are exceptional handling SUVs which will give X3/X5 a run for the money. I can see why international reviewers gave it the top scores especially in the ride and handling department.

IMHO, the downfall of the F-Pace is the interior design, fit and finish. I will stick out my neck and say that i was underwhelmed by the interior and fit and finishing. Reminds me of Disco Sports I tested....definitely not a glowing testament. 

For sure the exterior is one of the best looking SUVs in the market, but I spend more time inside the car driving it than standing outside admiring it.

For the money Wearnes is asking for, there are better overall packaged alternatives (cheaper too). 

So, if the E-pace carry on the interior story of F-pace. It will remain a niche model. 

The problem for jaguar F Pace's limited appeal is like due to the engine variant available. 

The cheapest being an Ingenium Diesel. The petrols are all 3.0. 

I reckon that Jaguar needs to have the Ingenium 2.0 Petrol in ASAP; fortunately it's already in production. 

So we should see it soon in the local line up of XE, XF, FPace and FType, maybe XJ also. 

The Ingenium Turbo Petrol will be in 20t (200hp), 25t (250hp), 30t (300hp) formats. 

What's going to make it here, let's see. 

That should improve Jaguar's ability to compete, with updated engines etc. 

Nonetheless, don't expect Jaguars to each the numbers of the 3 Germans. 

Still a niche marque in its own right. 

I note that the E-Pace is available standard with LED headlights and Incontrol touch PRO - these are not standard in the rest of the range yet. Jaguar also needs to up the standard equipment to take the fight to that big 3 Germans. 

#notmypresident

Posted 18 July 2017 - 11:22 AM

BenTong
  • Premium member
    BenTong
    Supercharged
    Author Image

TBH, engine variant (or lack of) is the reason for dismal sales of the F-Pace locally. Look at the various conti SUVs not counting their performance variants, all of them have very limited choices, some worse than F-pace. 

Eg. GLC only 250 or nothing (now just announced the 200

X3, just x20i, x28i, x35i (all petrol) 

XC60, only T5

Q5, 2.0T in 2 tunes. 

I have test driven the F-pace, both the diesel and 3.0 petrol. Both are exceptional handling SUVs which will give X3/X5 a run for the money. I can see why international reviewers gave it the top scores especially in the ride and handling department.

IMHO, the downfall of the F-Pace is the interior design, fit and finish. I will stick out my neck and say that i was underwhelmed by the interior and fit and finishing. Reminds me of Disco Sports I tested....definitely not a glowing testament. 

For sure the exterior is one of the best looking SUVs in the market, but I spend more time inside the car driving it than standing outside admiring it.

For the money Wearnes is asking for, there are better overall packaged alternatives (cheaper too). 

So, if the E-pace carry on the interior story of F-pace. It will remain a niche model. 

totally agree with you on this. Even the Harrier is so much better. Interior more refined, bigger space, fast (with turbo), can zhnng, comparable pricing..better FC :a-m1212:  :a-happy:

Vratenza praised this

Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:31 PM

Stratovarius
  • Premium member
    Stratovarius
    6th Gear
    Author Image

totally agree with you on this. Even the Harrier is so much better. Interior more refined, bigger space, fast (with turbo), can zhnng, comparable pricing..better FC :a-m1212:  :a-happy:

But... it's a Jag....

Honestly, I like the design of the E pace. Like a puffy F type. But too much fake grills on the front bumper.

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: jaguar, fwd suv, cheap suv, evo and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users