What Did You Makan Today Part 3!

BabyBlade

Yeah, Tapaoed the mix back from my recent Japan trip HAHA. but finished liao, sad :(

I've heard many good things about it. Definitely want to try next time i go JP.

↡ Advertisement

Those put on the table, just sit down and own time own target open one pack to eat type are best. [thumbsup][laugh]

The REAL nasi lemak, not some fake ang moh burger.  Simple food but shiok the sibei shiok shiok! Oh belly nice!!! [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

s4_54e057e45b86b.jpg

• Praise 11

The REAL nasi lemak, not some fake ang moh burger.  Simple food but shiok the sibei shiok shiok! Oh belly nice!!! [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

s4_54e057e45b86b.jpg

Where to find now?

Where to find now?

some of those stalls sell kuay in the morning can get, some kopi tiam morning breakfast also can can, hawker center malay stall also can get in the morning, but usually sold out very fast. 

My side the chwee kuay stall got, but now they under renovation, coming back after 29 July.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

(edited)

I've heard many good things about it. Definitely want to try next time i go JP.

To me, don't waste time.... Sucks. Went to the branch near Yakultman. Only tourists goes there. The Japs there dun even know about them

Ok, i rephrase. It is passable, but not worth the hype. Friend queued for 45mins!?!?

Edited by Othello
  • Praise 4

(edited)

To me, don't waste time.... Sucks. Went to the branch near Yakultman. Only tourists goes there. The Japs there dun even know about them

Ok, i rephrase. It is passable, but not worth the hype. Friend queued for 45mins!?!?

? Really. Hmm ok. 

Ichiran is supposed to be where the japs go as compared to Ippudo.

But this was from years ago.

Anyway no harm trying when i ever go back to Tokyo without my kids. 

My friend even tried to bring them to SG for franchise. He stayed in tokyo for work for a few months back then.

Edited by Lala81

Agree 100%. Nothing but the real thing.   [nod]

But still must respect n praise the mac's spin doctors for successfully creating this re-packaged "fake" roti lemak as the real "nasi lemak" because there is actually no "nasi' at all.

You can bluff the "kids" but not the "purist" folks like us. lol

:D

I also agree that nothing like the real thing and anyway I don't like this kind of fusion thingy as nasi lemak is an Asian dish which doesn't mix well with the Western burger IMO and at $6 I don't think its worth it but appreciate McDs attempt to introduce an Asian twist to their meals esp since National day coming so from that angle well done to them [thumbsup]

What's next? Laksa burger [:)]

Eat real nasi lemak still better. Unless they recreate a real basmati nasi version to replace the buns. Then it's really nasi lemak burger. Now no nasi and no lemak.

• Praise 15

I also agree that nothing like the real thing and anyway I don't like this kind of fusion thingy as nasi lemak is an Asian dish which doesn't mix well with the Western burger IMO and at $6 I don't think its worth it but appreciate McDs attempt to introduce an Asian twist to their meals esp since National day coming so from that angle well done to them [thumbsup]

What's next? Laksa burger [:)]

Actually the samurai burger was quite popular... well... maybe a Japanese will beg to differ...

Morale oF story, sell a take on foreign cuisine to foreigner, don't sell a take on local cuisine to local... lol

• Praise 1

(edited)

Actually the samurai burger was quite popular... well... maybe a Japanese will beg to differ...

Morale oF story, sell a take on foreign cuisine to foreigner, don't sell a take on local cuisine to local... lol

you guys uncle lah. Youngsters like new take on common things ...  [laugh]

See makan until sold out way before national day  [:p]

remind me of bringing my parents/in laws go out and eat. Eat already, say prefer traditional taste  [laugh]

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 3

remind me of bringing my parents/in laws go out and eat. Eat already, say prefer traditional taste  [laugh]

Sad to say, I think you are right, I'm uncle [:(] and so not too adventurous in trying fusions and new stuff so it's traditional for me [:)]

• Praise 5

(edited)

Sad to say, I think you are right, I'm uncle [:(] and so not too adventurous in trying fusions and new stuff so it's traditional for me [:)]

i also uncle! haha but like you said, i appreciate the twist. Or else year after year same menu also sian.

Just like go dim sum restaurant, try some new creation by the chef, rather than forever eat ha kao, siew mai and CCF.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

I got try hor, so i not uncle. [:p]

But after trying, i say once is enough, and ask them go find a spider.  [laugh]  

Not that is not nice, had McD  used a different name  like mayb " ayam goreng burger", probably i can accept better, but they forgot that we eat nasi lemak from a very young age, it takes a lot to call their burger a "nasi lemak burger" , when there is totally no nasi and cannot taste the lemak.  -_-

• Praise 2

I got try hor, so i not uncle. [:p]

But after trying, i say once is enough, and ask them go find a spider.  [laugh]  

Not that is not nice, had McD  used a different name  like mayb " ayam goreng burger", probably i can accept better, but they forgot that we eat nasi lemak from a very young age, it takes a lot to call their burger a "nasi lemak burger" , when there is totally no nasi and cannot taste the lemak.  -_-

Haha you not uncle lah compared to me [:)]

I think the chilli they use does have semblance to nasi lemak chilli and with the egg it is a good attempt but I don't eat nasi lemak chilli with bun leh and you are right, NASI LEMAK means coconut rice which there is none in this burger [smash] so technically it is wrong already!!

• Praise 8

this one is either the planner screw up, or they purposely hold back to create demand and awareness, then become talk of town. suddenly everyone starts to talk about the sold out, those have not try will sure run go queue once they announce its back. 

Very soon you going to see big big ad in ST telling us the burger is back.  And you see rush to eat the ang moh fake malay food. 

All about marketing, and McD has one of the best in house marketing people.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3