What Did You Makan Today Part 3!

BabyBlade

(edited)

Did a search and couldn't find anything on this topic, so since there is a small craze going on, here is my video of my Nasi Lemak Burger experience.

Verdict?  It was better than expected.  Tasted better than it looked.  The taste is reasonably authentic for Nasi Lemak, and I enjoyed the burger.  Would I eat it again?  Maybe, maybe not.  I still prefer my Nasi Lemak with rice.

Which begs the question - Nasi Lemak Burger?  The name itself is a bit of a contradiction.  Nasi means rice in Malay.  So where is the rice?  Maybe precisely because it is so counter-intuitive, nobody has tried to make Nasi Lemak in a burger form before, until now. And, this must account for the great interest.  Usually, nobody is really very interested in burgers, well at least in Singapore.  

We are not really a burger nation.  But now, with this Nasi Lemak variation, it has really opened our eyes to many new possibilities. Put the two most unlikely food together, and you can actually get something that works!  So, thank you McDonalds for teaching us a larger lesson in thinking out of the box.  

Have a great day! 

Edited by Boringchap
  • Praise 10

Turbocharged

Gotten some queries from MCFers about photos of food I posted such as location. is it nice, price. So will provide more details, starting with this review

Name: Burg's by Project Warung

Location: golden mile hawker center (basement, same stretch as soup tulang stalls)

Pros:

1. Ordered the burger which came with with shredded beef & vegetables. Not much sauce added which is good as I dislike those with sauce dripping all over. Taste was acceptable, not overly cooked

2. Literally like fast food (visited 1.5 months back, 15 people in Q). This time only 2 bf me.

3. Price not so expensive compared to fast food. Cheapest is $4.50 with fries (no drinks)

Cons:

1. Even if u upsize your existing meal, chances are you will still not be full as the burgers are just too small

2. Limited choices of burgers available (saw only 5 types).

3. Chicken wings available as side orders. Asked for spicy but got sweet sauce instead. Can skip this as ordinary taste

4. Realised I was charged $1 for takeaway after back home. Maybe has to do with packaging used (environmentally friendly?)

5. No packet sauce provided.

Verdict

RTE: No. As 1st time trying this for the novelty. As above, they need to come up with more varieties (other fast foods coming with new taste) for customers to have more choices. And they should relook the the takeaway charges. 

post-5391-0-89114300-1500186294_thumb.jpg

• Praise 23

4 fingers, I will happily and willing take this over the ang moh made Malay food anything. [laugh][laugh] [laugh]

post-65783-0-10803800-1500187959.jpg

post-65783-0-80467200-1500187976.jpg

• Praise 12

Wah lau .. One burger only post everywhere liao. How about real nasi lemak? [laugh]

First time i see soo many interested in Mc .
  • Praise 5

Internal Moderator

Blooie's Roadhouse.

Honestbee Food Delivery - using discount code - I paid $11 for $29 worth of food.

post-107101-0-24727200-1500195021_thumb.jpeg

post-107101-0-49616700-1500195033_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 12

CHILLY CRAB XIAO LONG BAO for lunch

see the juicy reddish bulging little ones

nice only eaten when hot

attachicon.gifIMG_5674.JPG

DTF? Not nice one leh....

Blooie's Roadhouse.

Honestbee Food Delivery - using discount code - I paid $11 for $29 worth of food.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

westsider spotted. 

One of the places i go for for burger and fries. especially the science park 2 one is boh lang during night time. Very easy to get table even on fri/saturday night

4 fingers, I will happily and willing take this over the ang moh made Malay food anything. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

attachicon.gifrps20170716_144724.jpg

attachicon.gifrps20170716_144830.jpg

which is nicer? Nene or 4 fingers?

I never tried again after trying once before, but that time was takeaway and it was really cold liao...

not nice.

DTF? Not nice one leh....

westsider spotted.

One of the places i go for for burger and fries. especially the science park 2 one is boh lang during night time. Very easy to get table even on fri/saturday night

which is nicer? Nene or 4 fingers?

I never tried again after trying once before, but that time was takeaway and it was really cold liao...

not nice.

I have not try nene, nearest to me will be BPP, next week I try and see which one I prefer. 4 fingers I guess same as any fried chicken, won't taste good if tabao, because it has to be eaten when the chicken is crispy, plus the suace will cfm make the crisp soggy. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I like the so call sandwiches, which is actually those 扣肉包 ,but they fried it like those fried 馒头 we eat with chilli crab, fill up with chopped chicken and top with kimchi salad. Quite interesting. ^_^

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

I ate four fingers at the airport recently and the standard have dropped. The chicken meat are soggy.

Give me Arnold's anytime man!

• Praise 3

Solid write-up on THE nasi lemak burger :a-good:

For the benefit of those that have yet to try the Nasi Lemak burger, I shall share my unboxing experience...

Outer box with nice banana leaf imprint and introduction massage
xnyj3b.jpg

There is a 2nd layer of paper packaging, probably to keep the burger warm and tasty
b80pj5.jpg

Open up the wrap and you will have a glimpse of what are installed for you, sambal chilli, the chunky thigh meat and fried egg... drooling now, oh wait
24yr2x4.jpg

Here is a full view of the burger, after turning it upright, and now you can have a better view of the toasty roti, which is very soft yet feel a little crispy in the hand.
14o6t6t.jpg

Ok, before we taste it, let have a look at the "hidden" components, oh yeh now you can see the layer of sambal chilli, 2 slice of cucumbers, a bit of onion, full view of the fried egg and that piece of specially marinated chicken thigh (all these really just look like taken from a plate of $3 Nasi lemak from your neighbourhood hawker centre)
2ym9ms8.jpg

And up next...

Boh liao, really! This last photo somehow give you an idea how the burger taste (渣都没有)
6ozudc.jpg

It is the end of my unboxing experience. Thanks for watching and hope you like it. Do stay tuned for more. [:p]:D :D

• Praise 6

Hypersonic

Bro @vid when coming back to jiak nasi lemak burger

I also want to come back but this year no time :ouch-it-hurts:  Got to wait and see liao.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1