• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
30 replies to this topic | 225 praises

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:21 AM

Dleodleo
  • Premium member
    Dleodleo
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

More details on Singaporean's parachute death.

Young skydiver Mario Low Ke Wei was ‘adventurous’ traveller from Singapore, heartbroken sister says

THE overseas family of a man who plunged to his death in a weekend skydiving accident has asked police to investigate what went tragically wrong. 

First time parachute jumper Mario Low Ke Wei, 29, from Singapore, died along with his 60-year-old instructor, Adrian Lloyd, during a 4,200m tandem skydive near Wilton, 90km northwest of Sydney on Saturday. Their bodies were found in the driveway of a property in Wilton, southwest of Sydney, a few hundred metres from the “dropzone” base of Sydney Skydivers.

Mr Low’s heartbroken sister Angeline said her he had only just arrived in Sydney and the family hoped police would find out the cause of the accident.

http://www.dailytele...54c06c5ce12ad7c

Atrecord, Enye, Lala81, SuPerBoRed, Tianmo, BanCoe, Adrianli and 2 other members praised this

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:27 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

More details on Singaporean's parachute death.

http://www.dailytele...54c06c5ce12ad7c

do they have a age limit for the instructor?

i mean if for personal jump maybe still ok, but as an instructor that tie to someone and jump, i am a bit worry.

Dleodleo praised this
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:50 AM

Leinad8919
  • Leinad8919
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

do they have a age limit for the instructor?

i mean if for personal jump maybe still ok, but as an instructor that tie to someone and jump, i am a bit worry.

Citing the above as an example, the 60 years old Australian man is definitely different from our local 60 year old Ah Pek. In overseas, people live their lives fullest & enjoy sports & outdoors activities. Here, most stressed out their lives in the rat race. Too tired for any other strenuous exercise or activities.
SuPerBoRed, Solar, Atonchia, DACH and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:03 AM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I hope they have gopro footage that they can retrieve to find out the cause of the fatal fall. It will offer closure for the families of both victims. -_-

RH1667, Still2016 and Tianmo praised this
√v^√v^√v^√v^√v^√v^√v^√v^√v^√v^√♥

┣▇▇▇═─

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:08 AM

Dleodleo
  • Premium member
    Dleodleo
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I got open a new thread meh?  I tot I posted in freak accident thread?  How come it became another thread?

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:11 AM

Enye
  • Enye
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I got open a new thread meh?  I tot I posted in freak accident thread?  How come it became another thread?

gongxi gongxi

mods give you chance to win thread of the month contest

i praise first to 顺天意

:D

Dleodleo praised this

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:19 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Anyone knows if the noob can activate the emergency parachute?

In case say the experienced parachutist passes out from some heart attack or what.

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:58 AM

Dleodleo
  • Premium member
    Dleodleo
    Supercharged
    Author Image

gongxi gongxi

mods give you chance to win thread of the month contest

i praise first to 顺天意

:D

What is 顺天意?

Got new thread contest one meh? 

I never heard of.  I am so suaku. [laugh] [laugh]

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:03 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I acquired my skydiving licence in Australia back in 2000.

Without reading any details of the accident, my guess is that both the rigs didnt open ( less than one in million chance) or the tandem master kena heart attack in the middle of it and was paralysed from action.

Or if he kena heart attack and was wearing an AAD (very unlikely) the reserve chute might have opened and wrapped them up due to bad positioning and wind.

As a skydiver, equipment is our life. So nobody messes around when it comes to equipment checks and preoaration
Dleodleo, Showster and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Targetting to truly retire by 2028
Give away my CPF
Travel the world and smoke those Cubans!

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:09 PM

SuPerBoRed
  • Premium member
    SuPerBoRed
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

In case say the experienced parachutist passes out from some heart attack or what.

Cannot.. don't remember being taught..

Citing the above as an example, the 60 years old Australian man is definitely different from our local 60 year old Ah Pek. In overseas, people live their lives fullest & enjoy sports & outdoors activities. Here, most stressed out their lives in the rat race. Too tired for any other strenuous exercise or activities.

Totally agree abt the lifestyle part... and u will be amazed as well at how little they get payed to do that..
Respect is earned.. does not come with your god damn title..

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:12 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Well actually yes, there is a cord to pull but only if he actually has the composure and speed to do so.
But as tandem your life in in the hands of the tandem master

As a tandem , he probably had no idea what was happening until a point, it was getting too close to the ground for comfort

But i imagine, its a very scary way to go. Knowing that you are going to hit the ground and the impact was going to crush you totally

Edited by Throttle2, 17 July 2017 - 03:13 PM.

Still2016, Tianmo and Dleodleo praised this
Give away my CPF

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:12 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Without reading any details of the accident, my guess is that both the rigs didnt open ( less than one in million chance) or the tandem master kena heart attack in the middle of it and was paralysed from action.

Or if he kena heart attack and was wearing an AAD (very unlikely) the reserve chute might have opened and wrapped them up due to bad positioning and wind.

As a skydiver, equipment is our life. So nobody messes around when it comes to equipment checks and preoaration

so if for some reason, the tandem master passes out, it's gone case for the newbie?

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:13 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

so if for some reason, the tandem master passes out, it's gone case for the newbie?

Yes. 99.999999999999999999999999% confirm
Give away my CPF

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:18 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

more likely was the case accordingly to this news report  http://www.straitsti...one-awry-report

"Television footage taken by helicopter from above the driveway where the men landed appeared to show the parachutes, indicating they opened either partially or in full."

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:32 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

more likely was the case accordingly to this news report http://www.straitsti...one-awry-report

"Television footage taken by helicopter from above the driveway where the men landed appeared to show the parachutes, indicating they opened either partially or in full."

There could 100000001 possible reasons.

Anyway the tandem master doesnt wear a gopro cam normally

The cam is usually worn by a cameraman who is a super skilled skydiver who records the whole process and edits it later for the skydiver/customer.

In this case, i believe the customer did not opt for a video recording of his jump.
If that really is the case, there would be no camera scenes. The only thing is eyewitness from the ground and all they would be able to see is how the skydivers plunge to the ground.

Its indeed a really sad tragedy.

Edited by Throttle2, 17 July 2017 - 03:32 PM.

Lala81 and BanCoe praised this
Give away my CPF

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:51 PM

Still2016
  • Still2016
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Bro you sure you can tandem sky dive. Diving with you now would be like tying a boulder around your patner's waist. Feel sorry for the parachute.

Angcheek, Uncle2, Pinobii, 2BDriver, FourZero, Sunny, Spring and 2 other members praised this

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:49 PM

Xers007
  • Premium member
    Xers007
    Supercharged
    Author Image

more likely was the case accordingly to this news report  http://www.straitsti...one-awry-report

to land a KM away from the intended landing point either a chute must be deployed somehow or one is wearing a wingsuit... if not is straight down from where they leap off the plane.

Back to the same old days...

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:57 PM

SGCMmaomao
  • Premium member
    SGCMmaomao
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Read somewhere the Singaporean afraid of height.. Will it be a possible reason that he had an panic attack and struggle and struggle? Then accidentally hit the tandem or something... 

I Love Cats & Dogs!

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:04 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

Read somewhere the Singaporean afraid of height.. Will it be a possible reason that he had an panic attack and struggle and struggle? Then accidentally hit the tandem or something...

only one of his duno who claim he is afraid of height but his friends and sister claim he is adventurous and he was an active sport man.

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:16 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Bro you sure you can tandem sky dive. Diving with you now would be like tying a boulder around your patner's waist. Feel sorry for the parachute.

I dont do tandem skydiving.
I do skydiving on my own.

But basically anyone under 100kg can tandem skydive pretty safely especially when the tandem master is just as big.

For your information, tandem parachutes are much bigger than normal chutes.
Secondly, tandem skydiving uses a drogue to slow down terminal velocity due to combined weight factor.

Anyway, what would you know about skydiving, hyek hyek hyek.

to land a KM away from the intended landing point either a chute must be deployed somehow or one is wearing a wingsuit... if not is straight down from where they leap off the plane.

Yes possibly but certainly not necessarily.

A tandem skydive in Australia is usually done from about 11,000 to 13,000 ft.
Depending on the wind and their body flight position, it is not straight down.

You dont need to wear a wingsuit to travel 1km off dropzone from an altitude of 11,000 to 13,000 ft

Unlikely.

You need to be mentally prepared before they will jump.
Even at the last second, you say "no" the jump will be aborted.
The boy (from the pic in the airplane) looked happy and excited to me, not frantic nor panicky at all

But then, there could be thousands of possibilities so who really knows...
Give away my CPF

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Also tagged with these keywords: skydive , skydiving , tandem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users