More than 80000 Graves To Be Exhumed to Make Way For Tengah Airbase

RadX

Soon Singapore will have no place for bury when die.  They will tell you to cremate and throw your ashes to the sea  [bigcry]  :a-panic:

i thought long long ago already not allow to bury?

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

If die want to be buried, can still go where bury?

Botanic Gardens would be nice . . . . World Heritage site some more and every once in a while got SSO perform  [laugh]

Edited by Count-Bracula
  • Praise 3

My grandma's grave has been there for 9 years, but based on this news it looks like exhumation will take place before the 15 years is up.

I wonder what about the most recent ones which was mentioned in the news as only been buried for 3 years? Exhume way ahead of the 15 year limit?

My grandma's grave has been there for 9 years, but based on this news it looks like exhumation will take place before the 15 years is up.

I wonder what about the most recent ones which was mentioned in the news as only been buried for 3 years? Exhume way ahead of the 15 year limit?

I am not sure, can check with NEA.

Also can read the terms and condition, paragraph 2(f).

http://www.nea.gov.sg/docs/default-source/public-health/care-for-the-dead/burialterms.pdf

Supersonic

I think depends whether the site of buried got affected by any development la. My grandpa's grave has been coming to near 30 years liao at lim chu lang and yet still show no sign of exhumation le. Lol.

I think depends whether the site of buried got affected by any development la. My grandpa's grave has been coming to near 30 years liao at lim chu lang and yet still show no sign of exhumation le. Lol.

So far whatever is quoted in NEA's press release are graves that are more than 15 years already. Even in those identified for later stage ones seem to be more than 15 years, for the Muslim graves.

Anyone knows how to check which "lorong" the grave is located, using the grave number? My mom probably only knows how to get there, not the exact path name.

So far whatever is quoted in NEA's press release are graves that are more than 15 years already. Even in those identified for later stage ones seem to be more than 15 years, for the Muslim graves.

Anyone knows how to check which "lorong" the grave is located, using the grave number? My mom probably only knows how to get there, not the exact path name.

Call NEA and check.

http://www.nea.gov.sg/public-health/care-for-the-dead/choa-chu-kang-exhumation-programme

(edited)

opposite of old shophouses. now it is mrt depot (long stretch)

used to be old cemetery

Oooh.. Didn't know that.. I thought there's only one cemetery in that area.. The one i know is next to the jtc shophouses.. Where all the spray painters workshop are.. Went in before.. There's a swing next to a grave. Think there's a youtube vid on that too..

Edited by Hussaini20

Supersonic

Will they send a letter to inform you?

They will put up advertisement in the newspaper listing down the grave names and lot numbers (addresses) wherever possible. Also, the exercise will mostly coincide from late quarter of the year onwards so that the next Qing Ming, you'll be informed when you pay a visit there.

Will they send a letter to inform you?

Supercharged

may i ask,

apart from mandai and Choa C.K columbarium, is there anywhere that i can find a family niche?

My elder sis's grave was affected by the exhumation, currently searching for a suitable niche.

Had call NEA but was told only left Mandai.

Went down a couple of times to find a suitable niche but the location is always poor.

only left a couple more available rooms, chances are slim.

Nirvana is out of league, hence seeking for some guides/advise.

may i ask,

apart from mandai and Choa C.K columbarium, is there anywhere that i can find a family niche?

My elder sis's grave was affected by the exhumation, currently searching for a suitable niche.

Had call NEA but was told only left Mandai.

Went down a couple of times to find a suitable niche but the location is always poor.

only left a couple more available rooms, chances are slim.

Nirvana is out of league, hence seeking for some guides/advise.

I thought mandai building new block?

couple of weeks (sending my mum for qing ming prayer) few upper floors still vacant.

you must provide more information like religion so others here can assist you.

Edited by Kopites

Supercharged

I thought mandai building new block?

couple of weeks (sending my mum for qing ming prayer) few upper floors still vacant.

you must provide more information like religion so others here can assist you.

nope, not true..

in fact, Block I (ivy) was the last block.

The office told me that they wont be building anymore new blocks.

In future, there will be a landfill for ash scattering.... [:(]

I'm looking for Buddhist columbarium.

will be paying $750 for family niche and selection, dont mind to pay more if there's any temple columbarium..

The last temple that i have chanced upon, was wat ananda at 50B Jalan Bukit Merah, around 8k for a single niche.

nope, not true..

in fact, Block I (ivy) was the last block.

The office told me that they wont be building anymore new blocks.

In future, there will be a landfill for ash scattering.... [:(]

I'm looking for Buddhist columbarium.

will be paying $750 for family niche and selection, dont mind to pay more if there's any temple columbarium..

The last temple that i have chanced upon, was wat ananda at 50B Jalan Bukit Merah, around 8k for a single niche.

Bro Kurt,

Can try Man Fatt Lam Buddhist temple along Bedok road. They are having ancestor praying for Qing Min this weekend.

Supercharged

Bro Kurt,

Can try Man Fatt Lam Buddhist temple along Bedok road. They are having ancestor praying for Qing Min this weekend.

thank you,

just called them.. no family niche..

only single niche, ranging from 3k to 11k

↡ Advertisement