Toddler suffers severe peanut allergy reaction on Singapore Airlines flight

Kb27

Ang moh culture like that one leh, shift responsibility especially USA! Heard before burglar climb roof , roof collapsed burglar can sue home owner? Eat MAC Donald fat can sue MAC? Smoke cigarettes get cancer can sue Marlboro ? Only in America and slowly influenced other western nation.

No need take care or responsible to oneself, shit happen? Just be irresponsible and sue Lor ! The lawsuit culture nation

Yah lah the USA has a culture of blame everyone except themselves.

Blame the companies and not happy every thing blame the government.

Lucky we are not like that.  [thumbsup]

:D  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Ang moh culture like that one leh, shift responsibility especially USA! Heard before burglar climb roof , roof collapsed burglar can sue home owner? Eat MAC Donald fat can sue MAC? Smoke cigarettes get cancer can sue Marlboro ? Only in America and slowly influenced other western nation.

No need take care or responsible to oneself, shit happen? Just be irresponsible and sue Lor ! The lawsuit culture nation

this culture is spreading....

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1057615.shtml

The parents of a 12-year-old boy, who was hit by a bus while riding an Ofo bike, sued Ofo and Shanghai Hongmao Car Rental Company for a total of 8.78 million yuan ($1.30 million) at Jing'an District People's Court Wednesday, according to media reports.

On March 26, the victim and three other underage companions rode unlocked Ofo bikes to the intersection of Tiantong Road, Qufu Road and Zhejiang Road North.

The victim crashed into a coach operated by Shanghai Hongmao Car Rental Company and later died at Shanghai Changzheng Hospital.

This is the first case in China of a child under 12 being killed while on a shared bike. The plaintiff said Ofo failed to manage its bikes properly, which caused the casualty.

"As shared bikes have become an important component of city transportation, we hope we can clarify responsibilities and promote government supervision so that the same tragedy will not happen again," said Zhang Qianlin, the lawyer who represents the plaintiff.

• Praise 2

They don't even have to eat the peanut

just being in the same room can affect them.

I think some people even have a dog whose

only job is to detect the smell of peanuts cos

its so serious.

• Praise 3

Cut some slack folks, not suing / claiming compensation fr airline, n airline merely wanna improve customer svc.. but yea if parents aware maybe try not to expose to such environment wc is v hard to do so ..

• Praise 1

Yah lah the USA has a culture of blame everyone except themselves.

Blame the companies and not happy every thing blame the government.

Lucky we are not like that. [thumbsup]

We also got blame culture

Mrt breakdown

Everyone blame gahmen

And transport ministar

But nvr blame themselves

For gaining weight

Putting up more stress

To the railway

Resulting in breakdown

Or track fault

• Praise 5

With the protective / sheltered lives of many kids, GMO food, extensive use of antibiotics & pesticides on animals and farms, etc, we should see new forms of allergy and diseases.

• Praise 13

With the protective / sheltered lives of many kids, GMO food, extensive use of antibiotics & pesticides on animals and farms, etc, we should see new forms of allergy and diseases.

Exactly right.

The best thing for a 2 year old is

playing in the mud. Build up resistance

for the rest of their life.

• Praise 3

Supercharged

They don't even have to eat the peanut

just being in the same room can affect them.

I think some people even have a dog whose

only job is to detect the smell of peanuts cos

its so serious.

Obviously, Singapore has a responsible society. 

[laugh]

Hypersonic

I ok to not eat peanut, if the person informed me he is allergic to it before hand. But not ok if he demands that the place I am at to ban peanut.

• Praise 4

this culture is spreading....

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1057615.shtml

The parents of a 12-year-old boy, who was hit by a bus while riding an Ofo bike, sued Ofo and Shanghai Hongmao Car Rental Company for a total of 8.78 million yuan ($1.30 million) at Jing'an District People's Court Wednesday, according to media reports.

On March 26, the victim and three other underage companions rode unlocked Ofo bikes to the intersection of Tiantong Road, Qufu Road and Zhejiang Road North.

The victim crashed into a coach operated by Shanghai Hongmao Car Rental Company and later died at Shanghai Changzheng Hospital.

This is the first case in China of a child under 12 being killed while on a shared bike. The plaintiff said Ofo failed to manage its bikes properly, which caused the casualty.

"As shared bikes have become an important component of city transportation, we hope we can clarify responsibilities and promote government supervision so that the same tragedy will not happen again," said Zhang Qianlin, the lawyer who represents the plaintiff.

China is learning this BS from America , instead of learn their good things learn rubbish from USA! Singapore version?!?? Many parents are irresponsible on their child upbringing, expect the school and Teachers to. Be responsible,anything wrong blame the education sysrem

I ok to not eat peanut, if the person informed me he is allergic to it before hand. But not ok if he demands that the place I am at to ban peanut.

Sometimes a bit grey la...

The most obvious examples.

Isn't the principle a bit of like insisting certain meat not allowed at common places.

Or certain day certain people must have time off.

Not easy.. especially if genuine medical case.

Hypersonic

Sometimes a bit grey la...

The most obvious examples.

Isn't the principle a bit of like insisting certain meat not allowed at common places.

Or certain day certain people must have time off.

Not easy.. especially if genuine medical case.

I feel medical case also must see the occurrence of this type of traveler taking planes compare to the normal travelers.using your analogy, it doesn't make sense to ban certain meat in China, where the group affected by it is at the extreme minority.

If a baby head is going to be a basketball

then I don't mind not eating peanut.

I won't die one but if some people die

die must eat then go ahead lah and see

what happens.

• Praise 3

what happens.

So is he criminally liable?

It would be a good way to annoy an enemy who has a bad peanut allergy  [laugh]

Supercharged

what happens.

Can upload to FB of video some one die because another person pop open a packet of peanut.

That will get a lot of Likes.

[laugh]

Apart from being award the best airline year after year from various magazines, which those who in the industry knows just how to be number 1 on paper in magazines, the general traveling public will experience fatigue but more importantly is that they don't the difference of being number 1 and most of the better other airlines in terms of services and their planes.

My greatest worry, is SIA may go in the way of NOL, it may not be next year or in the next 5 years but as the trend goes these legacy airlines are going to way of the dodo especially SIA where there is a culture of snobbery and complacency.

I am going to write to the CEO.

• Praise 1

I don't buy this whole story.

If parents know the kid is allergic to peanut, even to air exposure, then it's best not to even fly at all.

The parents need to self manage their own life style.

It not only involved airlines. Cafes, restaurants, playgrounds, schools. Not possible for every entity to change it's operations for this kid.

If the allergy is so bad, then the parents should just avoid going to possible places with possible peanut "contamination"

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6