Toddler suffers severe peanut allergy reaction on Singapore Airlines flight

Kb27

Apart from being award the best airline year after year from various magazines, which those who in the industry knows just how to be number 1 on paper in magazines, the general traveling public will experience fatigue but more importantly is that they don't the difference of being number 1 and most of the better other airlines in terms of services and their planes.

My greatest worry, is SIA may go in the way of NOL, it may not be next year or in the next 5 years but as the trend goes these legacy airlines are going to way of the dodo especially SIA where there is a culture of snobbery and complacency.

I am going to write to the CEO.

Why are you writing to him?

Are you a shareholder? Isn't it easier to just sell your shares instead of hoping that he will suddenly listen to you? (and lose his dignity by doing so?)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

SQ still serving ice cream. Haagen Dazs. 

I think its nuts or nothing. Chips packing too big and storage space is a premium in planes.

I took Jetstar and shortly after take off can smell and hear keropok crunching ...  :XD:

Ice-cream was served on this Singapore to Beijing flight, but it wasn't Haagen Dazs, but rather some SATS brand!  This was an evening flight and dinner was served, so there was ice-cream.

Our return from Beijing was a red-eye flight.  After take-off, they served a drink, and that was it.  Passengers were expected to sleep.  About 2 hours before landing, cabin lights came on and breakfast was served.  Since this was breakfast, there was no ice-cream.

• Praise 1

Don't copy PRC, poke chopsticks into your rice/food to rest your chopsticks.

It's taboo in both Japanese and Chinese customs, but surprised to see many young PRCs doing this. [thumbsdown]

Edited by Kangadrool

Don't copy PRC, poke chopsticks into your rice/food to rest your chopsticks.

It's taboo in both Japanese and Chinese customs, but surprised to see many young PRCs doing this. [thumbsdown]

I hear you & thanks for watching the video.

I admit I'm ignorant, but why is poking chopsticks taboo? 

1. It's rude.

2. That style is meant to offer your food to wondering spirits.

Nevermind if you don't believe, but practically poking chopsticks into rice/food may cause the chopsticks to accidentally overturn, spilling to your neighbours.

I hear you & thanks for watching the video.

I admit I'm ignorant, but why is poking chopsticks taboo? 

• Praise 2

1. It's rude.

2. That style is meant to offer your food to wondering spirits.

Nevermind if you don't believe, but practically poking chopsticks into rice/food may cause the chopsticks to accidentally overturn, spilling to your neighbours.

Thanks for the education.  I will avoid doing it going forward.  Cheers. 

• Praise 1

Ice-cream was served on this Singapore to Beijing flight, but it wasn't Haagen Dazs, but rather some SATS brand!  This was an evening flight and dinner was served, so there was ice-cream.

Our return from Beijing was a red-eye flight.  After take-off, they served a drink, and that was it.  Passengers were expected to sleep.  About 2 hours before landing, cabin lights came on and breakfast was served.  Since this was breakfast, there was no ice-cream.

Have not seen SATS ice cream before, Sea salt caramel flavour is interesting though.

Measles alert issued for Singapore Airlines flight to Auckland

SINGAPORE: Travellers who arrived at Auckland International Airport on a Singapore Airlines flight last week might have been exposed to measles, said the Auckland Regional Public Health Service (ARPHS) on Wednesday (Feb 28). 

Passengers on flight SQ285 from Singapore, which touched down at 11.45am (6.45am, Singapore time) on Feb 22, should look out for symptoms, said the public health agency on their website. 

Those in rows 31 to 49 were closest to the measles case and are at highest risk, said Medical Officer of Health Dr Michael Hale. 

There is also a possibility that anyone around the flight gate or baggage claim could have been infected. 

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/measles-alert-issued-for-singapore-airlines-flight-to-auckland-9999346

Supercharged

Now can fly with confidence in SQ.

SQ has replaced the nut snack with peanuts to peas & crackers.

I noticed this since about 2-3 weeks ago. Yesterday asked the stewardess and she confirmed they will not serve peanut in cabin.

Good move SQ.

:a-m1212:

• Praise 1

Now can fly with confidence in SQ.

SQ has replaced the nut snack with peanuts to peas & crackers.

I noticed this since about 2-3 weeks ago. Yesterday asked the stewardess and she confirmed they will not serve peanut in cabin.

Good move SQ.

:a-m1212:

I still got peanut and almonds last week le.

Xmm fergot to give pax next to me his food (prob becos I told her I dun wanto eat, only want 2x ice cream), the pax next to me kpkb damn alot mans.

Supercharged

I still got peanut and almonds last week le.

Xmm fergot to give pax next to me his food (prob becos I told her I dun wanto eat, only want 2x ice cream), the pax next to me kpkb damn alot mans.

ST went to ask SQ.

Chop confirmed no more peanuts.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/singapore-airlines-stops-serving-peanuts-as-snacks-in-all-cabin-classes