Swede cars aka Volvo - goes between Japs and Germans

German cars - something will spoil

British cars - even more things will spoil

Italian cars - everything will spoil

French - brain spoil first then buy

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 16

Turbocharged

Discussed with wife, we agreed it is either E250 or ES250. Going for another final look and test drive next week, before deciding which one to buy.  

Thank you all for the advices.

E250 and ES250 the difference is only one "S" , but price difference is around 50k .

And since you can afford this 50k difference , obviously maintenance costs should not be a factor or criteria for the different model selections in the first place . 

The 3 point star is more expensive to buy , more expensive to maintain , will give you more problems ( compared to Lexus ) , but I still say , GO FOR IT  .

A " Marseelee" is the stuff that every Ah Pek dream of as a status that they have arrived ;  better still when paired with a " Lolek"  on his wrist . Go condo also the guard automatically open the barrier for you .

Please come back here and tell us the good news after you have signed on the dotted line. 

• Praise 2

Supersonic

E250 and ES250 the difference is only one "S" , but price difference is around 50k .

And since you can afford this 50k difference , obviously maintenance costs should not be a factor or criteria for the different model selections in the first place .

The 3 point star is more expensive to buy , more expensive to maintain , will give you more problems ( compared to Lexus ) , but I still say , GO FOR IT .

A " Marseelee" is the stuff that every Ah Pek dream of as a status that they have arrived ; better still when paired with a " Lolek" on his wrist . Go condo also the guard automatically open the barrier for you .

Please come back here and tell us the good news after you have signed on the dotted line.

Haha....I predict next thread is shld I buy Gold Lolek vs Patek vs Audemars

Turbocharged

Ppl who use it for commuting or badge will complain a million thing about BMW.

Naturally, since BMW 

Brings More Worries  [laugh]

My own conclusion would be:

Jap cars - nothing will spoil

Swede cars aka Volvo - goes between Japs and Germans

German cars - something will spoil

British cars - even more things will spoil

Italian cars - everything will spoil

French - brain spoil first then buy

One of the owner of a GS300, his side mirror folding mechanism spoilt after abt 1 year usage. Claimed warranty and had it repaired. Jap car not nothing will spoil. It depends on ones luck.

@odyssey2011 Jaguar, Audi and BMW have high maintenance cost and especially I have owned the BMW 520i before, I can really understand that the engine oil is an issue and the car keeps asking you to refill it and the coolant too. Lexus is more reliable.

Agree on maintenance on the higher side.

But for engine oil consumption, I can say Audi cars from 2012 onwards do not have such a problem already. Mine just went on a long road trip to Phuket and back. Everyday travelling and speeds vary from low to high. Not a drop in engine oil. Mine was fully stock. Nothing broke down.

• Praise 3

Supersonic

But for engine oil consumption, I can say Audi cars from 2012 onwards do not have such a problem already. Mine just went on a long road trip to Phuket and back. Everyday travelling and speeds vary from low to high. Not a drop in engine oil. Mine was fully stock. Nothing broke down.

Bro, a lot of ppl still hanging on to outdated notions. Sometimes best to just play along n tell them what they hope to hear since the needs are simple
  • Praise 1

Bro, a lot of ppl still hanging on to outdated notions. Sometimes best to just play along n tell them what they hope to hear since the needs are simple

But one problem will never go out of date... 7 Speed dry DSG
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

But one problem will never go out of date... 7 Speed dry DSG ððð

But maciam cured leh. But I still like 'em wet tho.....LOL
  • Praise 1

Go condo also the guard automatically open the barrier for you .

no such thing lor... now wan to have that special prviledge must drive vios/prius/vezel/attrage/sienta

• Praise 3

Supersonic

no such thing lor... now wan to have that special prviledge must drive vios/prius/vezel/attrage/sienta

Wahaha....somemore more high class being chauffeur in backseat.

Maybe @ins1dious will like to share his experience with his oil (not petrol) guzzling Q7.......

• Praise 1

Maybe @ins1dious will like to share his experience with his oil (not petrol) guzzling Q7.......

alamak... why remind me

• Praise 5

Supersonic

alamak... why remind me ð©

Conti cars are known to drink more EO... and VW/Audi group more than others. My fat b**tard of a Q7 was brilliant until it hit 4 years... still is a fine car... except for the EO issue.

And this story is similar with a few other friends who own Audi as well... after 5 years... the EO consumption is a bloody pain ð¡ Don't know about the smaller 2L engines... the fellas I know drive A8 (4.2L), A5 and A7 (both 3.0 supercharged)... and mine using the same 3.0L V6

When new, the consumption was 6L of EO for every 10,000-12,000 kms. When my mileage hit over 120,000 kms in 4 years, the consumption increased to 6L for every 3,000 kms. Just spent about $4,000 last month changing top gasket and flywheel seal and oil sump.

EO consumption now better but is still crap... now drinking 6L for every 6,000 kms...

FYI, the other three friends have cars that have done less than 100k kms in 5 years... whereas I've done over 150,000 in the same time so reasonable wear and tear to be expected.

Your mileage (literally) may vary ð pun intended.

If I don't want to deal with this every other month or so... I can get a Lexus instead... but that means I have to live with it's fcking crappy, infuriatingly-weird-floating-mouse-button-thingee with no fcking Apple CarPlay or Android Auto support to be expected at all.

I think for my dollar... I'll choose changing frequent oil changes to the aggravation of putting up with the infotainment every day.

Choose one:

Top up oil. Pain every 2-3 months.

Crappy drive. Pain every day.

• Praise 1

Choose one:

Top up oil. Pain every 2-3 months.

Crappy drive. Pain every day.

hahahahah...gd one

↡ Advertisement