• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
157 replies to this topic | 316 praises

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:14 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Lai liao lai liao, lauching in Singapore ... can enjoy the benefit of prime member like the fast delivery..

http://www.straitsti...his-week-report

E-commerce giant Amazon to launch in Singapore this week

SINGAPORE (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - Global e-commerce giant Amazon is set to launch its services in Singapore, marking its entry into South-east Asia.

According to popular tech site Techcrunch, the launch could happen as early as this week, based on the teasers posted on social media by the influencer community in the island republic.

Among the influencers include Jaime Teo, theramengirl, Charmaine Seah-Ong and lifestyle portal superadrianme.com with the hashtag #dontsaybojio.

While there is no official Amazon branding present in the teasers, keen-eyed users managed to spot the distinctive blue tick, which is used by Amazon Prime Now.

The launch, according to the portal, will see services such as Amazon Prime, Amazon Prime Now fast delivery and Amazon's e-commerce services made available to Singapore's population, which numbers over five million people.

No details on pricing are available at the moment.

Tianmo, Blueray, antelop and Pinobii praised this
"You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with." - Jim Rohn

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:28 PM

therock
  • therock
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Try tomorrow and see ... ;)

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:33 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Could be starting with groceries stuff first as was first announced in a few post back.

"You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with." - Jim Rohn

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:54 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Install Amazon Prime Now app and select Singapore.

Interesting to see what items are available and compared to Amazon USA price.

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:55 PM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hope they come up with some promos to fight lazada and redmart.

Consumers win.
That is all.

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:11 AM

Eyke
  • Premium member
    Eyke
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Visa promo: S$20 off 1st order (min S$40).

nothing much from USA, except Amazon Basics...

local stuff all priced higher than NTUC, so only good is free delivery (for now).

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:14 AM

therock
  • therock
    Supercharged
    Author Image

For a limited time, customers in Singapore will not need an Amazon Prime membership to try its Prime Now service. No details were given as to when the limited-time access would end.

Products available on Prime Now include grocery items, electronics, toys and games, stationery and beauty products.

Read more at http://www.channelne...-stores-9066916

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:27 AM

Mcf777
  • Mcf777
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

soon, more retailer going to see RED and close shop.

if amazon prices are comparable to other companies and with their outstanding Customer services, they will be able to filter out companies like Honeybee, redmart etc

Edited by Mcf777, 27 July 2017 - 12:27 AM.

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:45 AM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I'm an Amazon fan but redmart customer server is pretty damn good too leh.
That is all.

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:15 AM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

soon, more retailer going to see RED and close shop.

if amazon prices are comparable to other companies and with their outstanding Customer services, they will be able to filter out companies like Honeybee, redmart etc

My quick review. Retailers still okay for now.

Amazon sg sucks. Other than the 20$ off promo, prices are typically sg prices or higher. No promo items at all!!!

Variety and prices pale in comparison to redmart (not to mention big brother lazada).

Other than a few similarly priced amazonbasics products, there's nothing worth buying. 2Hr delivery is also not useful in local context unless we are expected to place order right before leaving work. Redmart scheduled delivery is way better.

My suggestion is to whack 40 dollars worth of items for 20 bucks then go back to redmart. Redmart also has a damn good promo for new customers now. Total 100 bucks off your first 4 orders.

http://about.redmart...0-off-4-orders/
ins1dious praised this
That is all.

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:30 AM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hmmm. I went through to the checkout process and you can choose a delivery window so I take back that part of the review.

The rest of it still stands tho.
That is all.

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:09 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think amazon USA no more free delivery :(

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:21 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Lousy range lousy price
Uninstall app
apple-ios-how-to-delete-app-icons.jpg
ins1dious and Blueray praised this

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:21 AM

Tkseah
  • Tkseah
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Ordered some baby milk formula with the visa promo: S$20 off 1st order (min S$40)..  [laugh]

Mustank praised this
iHerb discount code - TEC163

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:23 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Ordered some baby milk formula with the visa promo: S$20 off 1st order (min S$40).. [laugh]

Good idea!

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:30 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think got to be patient and wait for good promos. They will LL have to compete with the competitors on price. Hopefully we will be the winners.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:53 AM

Cheesey74
  • Premium member
    Cheesey74
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I tried but the $20 off visa promo code doesn't work for me, is it must be new Amazon customer cos i 'm existing Amazon customer?

BSS "From Each His Best"

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:36 AM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I tried but the $20 off visa promo code doesn't work for me, is it must be new Amazon customer cos i 'm existing Amazon customer?

No idea. I also cannot.... but TNC doesn't say cannot leh. And the $10 promo works. Oh well.... don't buy lor.

That is all.

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:39 AM

Tkseah
  • Tkseah
    6th Gear
    Author Image

strange.. i can use visa promo code leh.. and i'm an existing amazon customer.. 

iHerb discount code - TEC163

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:41 AM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I just installed the app.   Range is too small for now and I find it hard to shop scrolling up and down even with the small range.  Back button when viewing a product brings me completely out of the category!  Will give it a miss until I can do on a computer.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users