Freedom – Happiness.

The gov mandate is to make its people

happy. What a great national aim.

No wonder I always feel happy when I

am there.

:D

↡ Advertisement

U never bring ur Spark there?

I didn't buy the spark [laugh] , also I think need a bigger and stable drone there.

I love Vietnam.

The country motto is Independence -

Freedom – Happiness.

am there.

Did you bring your MIL with you while in Vietnam? :-)

• Praise 1

I love Vietnam.

The country motto is Independence -

Freedom â Happiness.

am there.

I also think the woman super happy when she charged me US$20 more than another shop, I guess carrot head is my middle name [laugh]
  • Praise 1

I also think the woman super happy when she charged me US$20 more than another shop, I guess carrot head is my middle name [laugh]

If you happy with her extra good

service then worth it lah.

After all only USD20.

Did you bring your MIL with you while in Vietnam? :-)

No that's why I was so happy.

Communication no prob?

most of them can speak basic English, more tourist than local and half of the tourist are ang mo.
  • Praise 1

i know Hoi an having flood every year but never thought it could be so serious this year where the main ancient town was flooed, i guess similar to Penang this time.

Dun think can visit Hoi an anytime soon where they probably take months to clean up the street.

Singaporean family in Vietnam wait out typhoon as floodwaters rise
05 Nov 2017 09:51PM (Updated: 05 Nov 2017 10:15PM)

hoi-an-flood--photo--roy-sim-.jpg
Boats in the flooded streets of Hoi An, central Vietnam. (Photo: Roy Sim)

A Singaporean family of four have been sitting tight in their hotel room in Hoi An since Saturday night, as Typhoon Damrey hit the southern coast of Vietnam.

Mr Roy Sim, his wife Stacy Lo and their daughters, aged five and two, are holed up in their second-storey room at the Green Heaven Hoi An Resort and Spa as water reaches chest-high in the streets of the popular tourist town.

In the hotel, which is on higher ground, the water is waist-high on the first floor, Mr Sim told Channel NewsAsia. Guests were being evacuated with boats, which sailed right into the hotel lobby on Sunday (Nov 5).

hoi-an-flood-evacuation.jpg
Residents and tourists are transported by boats through floodwaters in the tourist town of Hoi An on Nov 5, 2017. (Photo: AFP)

They expect the water to rise further but with two young children in tow, they decided to stay put for the time being.

"We have decided to stay on in the hotel as floating around in a boat with heavy rains is not a risk we want to take with our two girls," he said in a Facebook update on Sunday afternoon.

Their room is still "comfortable" and they have instant noodles and eggs on standby, he added.

Most of the people in the low-lying houses around them have been evacuated, he said, and there are about 14 hotel guests left. The hotel staff have stayed behind with them and have been "very helpful", he said.

hoi-an-hotel-evacuation-flood.jpg
Tourists evacuating on a small boat from a Hoi An hotel. (Screengrab: Roy Sim)

"There's not much information in English online, but the hotel staff have been helpful in providing us their opinions, and what they've been hearing on Vietnamese TV, so that helps," he wrote.

Mr Sim and his family flew to Hoi An last Tuesday for a holiday. He heard about the incoming typhoon on Friday but did not expect it to affect Hoi An so severely.

"We're supposed to fly back to Singapore this Tuesday. Hope the flight will not be affected," he told CNA.

For now, they will wait out the bad weather, he said.

flooding-in-hoi-an.jpg
Flooded streets of Hoi An. (Photo: Roy Sim)

Typhoon Damrey which made landfall on Saturday, is the worst in decades to strike the country's southern coastal region, an area normally spared the typhoons that typically hit further north.

More than 30,000 people were evacuated in central Vietnam and at least 27 have been reported dead.

i know Hoi an having flood every year but never thought it could be so serious this year where the main ancient town was flooed, i guess similar to Penang this time.

Dun think can visit Hoi an anytime soon where they probably take months to clean up the street.

Now everything back to normal.

Wife arrived there on Monday and hsd travel to Hoi An, Ba Na hill and back to Danang. Everywhere normal.

• Praise 1

Now everything back to normal.

Wife arrived there on Monday and hsd travel to Hoi An, Ba Na hill and back to Danang. Everywhere normal.

wah your wife work in minister office? Monday was when Trump was there right?

i guess they are used to the flood and able to recover fast enough for the tourists. I follow the local tour group FB and they already resumed business within few days.

U staying where? Intend to go halong bay? Lol

Going Halong Bay and one night in the junk. Also going Sapa. First trip to Hanoi, not familiar with hotel name
  • Praise 1

When is the flooding season huh?

I would like to send my MIL there for a holiday and I am trying to work out when is really really the best time to send her.

• Praise 2