Armed robbery reported at Ubi Ave 1

Jerminator

I did a search on the word "robbery", and guess what? [laugh]

You guys are really good at confusing ppl here, this moment merge everything, next moment when everyone is searching and posting under old threads, you guys start to split things up and form new threads. [laugh]

So what is what now? [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

You DON'T know the POWWEERR of the Dark side! [smash]

Hobble back to M'sia saferer . . . . hobble . . . . hobble [laugh]

I thought it was swim

I don't know, but we have evolved into a very complicated society with so much talk on human rights that basic right and protection for public were ignored.

In my view, all establishment such as petrol kiosks, should be equipped with CCTV. Person entering must remove all headgear, wear or whatever covering them to expose their identity. Similar to entering any public buildings, to allow traceability.

That person's individual rights cannot compromise the majority safety. 

• Praise 1

so where were you today between 10.30 - 11am?? :ph34r:

edit: just realised report says ran off with more than 2k.

i feel he/she made off with much more, but to deter copycats, its reported conservatively.

Bank Robbery

There was this robbery in Guangzhou , the

robber shouted to everyone: "All don't

move, money belongs to the state, life

belongs to you".

Everyone in the bank laid down quietly.

This is called "Mind Changing Concept -->

Changing the conventional way of

thinking".

--------------- --------------- --------------- ----

One lady lay on the table provocatively,

the robber shouted at her "Please be

civilised!

This is a robbery and not a rape!"

This is called "Being Professional --> Focus

only on what you are trained to do!"

When the robbers got back, the younger

robber (MBA trained) told the older robber

(who is only primary school educated), "Big

bro, let's count how much we got", the

older robber rebutted and said, "You very

stupid, so much money, how to count,

tonight TV will tell us how much we robbed

from the bank!"

This is called "Experience --> nowadays

experience is more important than paper

qualifications! "

After the robbers left, the bank manager

told the bank supervisor to call the police

quickly. The supervisor says "Wait, wait

wait, let's put the 5 million RMB we

embezzled into the amount the robbers

robbed".

This is called "Swim with the tide -->

converting an unfavorable situation to your

advantage!"

The supervisor says "It will be good if there

is a robbery every month".

This is called "Killing Boredom -->

Happiness is most important."

The next day, TV news reported that 100

million RMB was taken from the bank. The

robbers counted and counted and

counted, but they could only count 20

million RMB. The robbers were very angry

and complained "We risked our lives and

only took 20 million RMB, the bank

manager took 80 million RMB with a snap

of his fingers. It looks like it is better to be

educated than to be a thief!"

This is called "Knowledge is worth as much

as gold !"

The bank manager was smiling and happy

because his loss in the CINOPEC shares

are now covered by this robbery.

This is called "Seizing the opportunity -->

daring to take risks!"

• Praise 8

Guess have to go to batam or Bangkok Liao :grin:

Remember not to waste money buying a return ticket :XD:

Bangkok also cannot leh. They caught the SC robber there and refuse to return him to SG.

• Praise 2

I don't know, but we have evolved into a very complicated society with so much talk on human rights that basic right and protection for public were ignored.

In my view, all establishment such as petrol kiosks, should be equipped with CCTV. Person entering must remove all headgear, wear or whatever covering them to expose their identity. Similar to entering any public buildings, to allow traceability.

Vulnerable 24 hour establishments such as petrol kiosks and 7-11 stores are equipped with CCTVs these days. 

These outlets are always prone to petty theft incidents - e.g. Motorists pumping petrol and scooting off without paying; theft of store items. In addition, I believe they also have signs spelling out that the store holds a very small sum of cash (for example, less than $200) during late hours as a form of psychological deterrence to would-be thieves. 

• Praise 1

Vulnerable 24 hour establishments such as petrol kiosks and 7-11 stores are equipped with CCTVs these days. 

These outlets are always prone to petty theft incidents - e.g. Motorists pumping petrol and scooting off without paying; theft of store items. In addition, I believe they also have signs spelling out that the store holds a very small sum of cash (for example, less than $200) during late hours as a form of psychological deterrence to would-be thieves. 

yes but if you look at the recent case. that guy is wearing his helmet. there must be law to insist you remove head gear, wear when you enter public building or stall. 

Actually the cost of deterring armed robbery at any bank (by deploying armed guards) far exceeds the potential losses from a robbery.

The SC robber took 30K, probably only 2-3 month expenses of the armed guard.  SC would have saved millions and millions of dollars each year by doing away with the armed guards and let the robbers take the occasional 30K.

If I owned a bank, it would have no guards.

• Praise 1

Actually the cost of deterring armed robbery at any bank (by deploying armed guards) far exceeds the potential losses from a robbery.

The SC robber took 30K, probably only 2-3 month expenses of the armed guard.  SC would have saved millions and millions of dollars each year by doing away with the armed guards and let the robbers take the occasional 30K.

wah.. ur logic sibei flawed hor? 

if confirm no guard.. then the no of robberies would also exponentially increase la... 

• Praise 1

W/o guards, your bank will attract robbers everyday. It is no longer occasional already. [laugh]

Unless u open a bank next to a police post. [idea]

W/o guards, your bank will attract robbers everyday. It is no longer occasional already. [laugh]

Unless u open a bank next to a police post. [idea]

Don't worry, don't worry - if too many robberies, the police/CID will themselves patrol/station there more often to tangkup the robbers!  [laugh]

wah... this logic i heard before.

Before the ERP-parking became common, I know some people didn't buy season parking, but take the risk of parking in my carpark. The logic is that the carpark auntie hardly ever went to check. Maybe only once a few months. 

So the people opted to save that ~$60 to buy season, and then kanna a summon once every few months. Like this also said got savings...

Now every where also got cctv because

It only cost $30 from Taobao :XD:

Turbocharged

wah... this logic i heard before.

Before the ERP-parking became common, I know some people didn't buy season parking, but take the risk of parking in my carpark. The logic is that the carpark auntie hardly ever went to check. Maybe only once a few months. 

So the people opted to save that ~$60 to buy season, and then kanna a summon once every few months. Like this also said got savings...

i 10 years go in  jb with empty tank.

caught once.

ROI > 100%

risk takers [sunny]

The SC robber took 30K, probably only 2-3 month expenses of the armed guard. SC would have saved millions and millions of dollars each year by doing away with the armed guards and let the robbers take the occasional 30K.

Hahha ... good logic .
  • Praise 3

These robbers must be old-school ones.

Actually long long ago they used to rob jewelry shops.

Why they never consider Singapore Pools. Sure got lots $$.

But you're right, the smart and new-age ones will start something on religion or charity, and from there shake leg collect $$. Still can throw in sing some songs and sell CDs even  [laugh]

Shhh... let not be too obvious with the money making "business", else Singapore would ended up lacking in entrepreneur Ok?  [laugh]

Not fair to Malaysian by making this statement, moreover those who dare to do this wont be interested in $2k, they rob in $billions.

Oh, you are talking about @jamesc bff is it? [grin]

Why neber go SC? Over there A4 paper and a pen can "withdraw" liao. Just walk no need to run when's done.

I can confirm 1 thing: This guy not AMDK! [idea]

I know where you are coming from (and I support it for the safety of general public), but the line maybe very thin, in differentiating which are the high risk establishment.

He is referring to no head gear allowed once you step into such establishment, like what the banks did. Nowadays, everywhere also have CCTV, even the booth collecting 10 - 20 cents for entry to toilet... [:|]

It is not just about financial loss, think about image and reputation. Imagine the same bank / establishment was robbed a few times in a year, who would still trust you with their money? [gossip]

• Praise 6

Now every where also got cctv because

It only cost $30 from Taobao :XD:

It's not the camera that is expensive. It's the storage and handling of the storage.

i 10 years go in  jb with empty tank.

caught once.

ROI > 100%

risk takers [sunny]

I wouldn't mind the fine. Just scared of being turned back. 

Then really not worth it liao.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1