Upgrade Stock ICE

Surf2004

get DSP

then tamba a rainbow, Hertz, Audison speaker . Those speaker maybe a tad more then 200 dollars but worth the money spend

↡ Advertisement

Hi all,

Don't mean to hijack the thread.. but I can't start a new thread as I am still under moderation. I would like to seek the sifus and bros here on your opinion about upgrading stock ICE.

I am looking to buy a conti car and one of the options is to go for Mercedes. I am on the road at least two hours a day and therefore I am looking for a good sound system to sooth the long driving hours. There are current two ways for me to upgrade the stock ICE.

For the Mercedes, there is an option to upgrade the stock ICE to the Burmester Surround Sound. According to the brochure, it comes with 13 speakers and a 9-channel amp. I did not have a chance/time to hear the system when I test drive. This option cost $4.1k. Not very sure if the system will be tuned. If this option is chosen, do you think whether is there a need to get a car audio shop to tune?

The second way is to go stock ICE and then use the money to upgrade it  to Focal or any other brands (I am new to ICE but not new to home hifi). Not sure also if I should do sound proofing as most of the conti cars will come with run flat tires (RFT). I have the impression that RFT will be louder.

I love warm and vocal sounds. I also enjoy good bass especially during the weekends.

What would you recommend?

Thank you

Hi all,

Don't mean to hijack the thread.. but I can't start a new thread as I am still under moderation. I would like to seek the sifus and bros here on your opinion about upgrading stock ICE.

I am looking to buy a conti car and one of the options is to go for Mercedes. I am on the road at least two hours a day and therefore I am looking for a good sound system to sooth the long driving hours. There are current two ways for me to upgrade the stock ICE.

For the Mercedes, there is an option to upgrade the stock ICE to the Burmester Surround Sound. According to the brochure, it comes with 13 speakers and a 9-channel amp. I did not have a chance/time to hear the system when I test drive. This option cost $4.1k. Not very sure if the system will be tuned. If this option is chosen, do you think whether is there a need to get a car audio shop to tune?

The second way is to go stock ICE and then use the money to upgrade it  to Focal or any other brands (I am new to ICE but not new to home hifi). Not sure also if I should do sound proofing as most of the conti cars will come with run flat tires (RFT). I have the impression that RFT will be louder.

I love warm and vocal sounds. I also enjoy good bass especially during the weekends.

What would you recommend?

Thank you

for Merc, i vote Burmester. go stock better for conti.

but for jap cars.... heh heh heh

post-1798-0-03181400-1503460417_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

for Merc, i vote Burmester. go stock better for conti.

but for jap cars.... heh heh heh

attachicon.gifutopia be.JPG

Genes and Theoldjaffa, thank you for your inputs. I checked with C&C. Unfortunately, it is not possible for me to get the Burmester option as the car on offer to me is already in stock ready for registration. The Burmester option will need to indent and take up to a few months which will then change the quotes that they have given me. So no choice, I have to give up on this option.

The next option is to look for a reliable ICE installer who has experience with E200 to upgrade the DSP/Amp/Subwoofer and the 6 stock-speakers. Any recommendations? 

Genes and Theoldjaffa, thank you for your inputs. I checked with C&C. Unfortunately, it is not possible for me to get the Burmester option as the car on offer to me is already in stock ready for registration. The Burmester option will need to indent and take up to a few months which will then change the quotes that they have given me. So no choice, I have to give up on this option.

The next option is to look for a reliable ICE installer who has experience with E200 to upgrade the DSP/Amp/Subwoofer and the 6 stock-speakers. Any recommendations?

Poison... But don't think the SQ will match up to your expectations

post-1798-0-43554300-1503483490_thumb.png

• Praise 1

Poison... But don't think the SQ will match up to your expectations

IMG_0100.PNG

haha.. thanks. I saw this when browsing their facebook. I think key is to find good amps and main speakers. I am not very familiar with ICE. But in home hifi, placement of speakers also play a part. So i think important to find good installer with good workmanship.

haha.. thanks. I saw this when browsing their facebook. I think key is to find good amps and main speakers. I am not very familiar with ICE. But in home hifi, placement of speakers also play a part. So i think important to find good installer with good workmanship.

Popular amps are Mosconi, Quartorigo, Ground Zero.

Speakers, many choices. Micro P, Focal, Ground Zero

DSP, Alpine, Helix, Mosconi

Mounting them on axis is important too.

Installers are those that was mentioned about :)

• Praise 1

Popular amps are Mosconi, Quartorigo, Ground Zero.

Speakers, many choices. Micro P, Focal, Ground Zero

DSP, Alpine, Helix, Mosconi

Mounting them on axis is important too.

Installers are those that was mentioned about :)

thank you for the suggestions! well definitely check them out!

You can check out auto image. I had my E250 audio upgraded there

Nice. I went to the their facebook page. Saw their work. May I know how long was the installation process for your car? You did a custom board for your boot too?

thank you for the suggestions! well definitely check them out!

Not driving a Merc, but consider giving Dimension Audio a whirl. They mine nicely, wasn't pushy at all too :D

↡ Advertisement