COE Bidding – 1st Round of August 2017

Carbon82

Car lite is just a measure to minimise traffic congestion, it does not mean no car. In addition to regulating COE quota , it also includes measures like building less car parks, higher ERP etc to make car commuting more inconvenience and costly.

But not to forget that COE and mortor vehicle tax contribute to about 13% of government revenue, no government will forgo such easy money. We can be rest assured that cars will continue exist, just a matter of what price the COE will be. COE price will find its equilibrium point from time to time, but with some givernemrnt intervention, dont expect it to be cheap. Despite so, it will be affordable to the 500k car owners. Of course to some extent, it will be financially stretched to the lower band of the 500k owners, it depends on who is more willing to trade his/her hard earned money for lifestyle and convenience.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2

made in Thailand but can be much more reliable than those made in japan

www.mycarforum.com/topic/2536999-toyota-altis-vvti-gear-problem/?fromsearch=1

Read this.

Axio mij vs altis mit, which is more reliable?

• Praise 1

Actually most of the ADs increased prices around $2k for Cat A cars ie Hyundai, Honda the ones I know so there could be more. Toyota selling their Altis at $101988 seems the exception rather than the norm but I guess they are trying to retain their best seller status as Altis last 2mths sales were limited due to the facelift I guess.

On National Day, Altis was selling at 106999 for standard model. Thurs COE went up, their price come down 5k?? Hmm...
  • Praise 1

mine one is 2 bid GCOE, still got 1 more bid

What car you are buying? Why can't you get the Coe when your booking is 2 bid guarantee?

Mine is 6 bid non GCOE but got it at first bid ð.

Congrats!. I also got mine with 6 bids non guarantee. I will get my car in 10 days time. Cheers!!!
  • Praise 1

Noticed from the price list at PML has it indicated that price will go up bu $4k across the models come 15 Aug...

Guess it will be a busy weekend for them [laugh]

• Praise 1

your first bid ? i have 2 more bids. hopefully can secure.

Maybe better fur you if you get a Coe with higher value. Sometimes the AD read the game wrongly, miss by 1 dollar but pay thousands more at next bid.
  • Praise 1

Maybe better fur you if you get a Coe with higher value. Sometimes the AD read the game wrongly, miss by 1 dollar but pay thousands more at next bid.

i hope so. becos mine is 3 NON-G COE bid by Mini. they didnt offer Guaranteed COE. any idea what happens after 3 fail bid?
  • Praise 1

i hope so. becos mine is 3 NON-G COE bid by Mini. they didnt offer Guaranteed COE. any idea what happens after 3 fail bid?

Either top up for GCOE or refund the deposit.

Btw, yr is cat a or b?

Edited by Jameshong

Always thought that COE will drop drastically in 2016/2017 cos the bumper COE supplies.

Will Car Carnival Show next weekend push premium even higher?

• Praise 1

Yes they will ask you to top up more money

and they will tell you they will do their best

to help you secure your COE.

You really couldn't ask for more helpful

people.  [thumbsup]

:D

• Praise 2

mine one also missed by a dollar @.@

Why your AD don't revise your bidding since only miss by a dollar. Cannot understand.
↡ Advertisement