Who is Huang Jing?

Showster

Who is this fella? I only know Wong Jing director.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/lky-school-professor-huang-jing-banned-has-pr-cancelled-for-being-agent-of-influence-for

LKY School academic Huang Jing banned, has PR cancelled, for being agent of influence for foreign country

The Ministry of Home Affairs announced that Huang Jing (pictured) and his wife Shirley Yang Xiuping, who are United States citizens, will be permanently banned from Singapore.

The Ministry of Home Affairs announced that Huang Jing (pictured) and his wife Shirley Yang Xiuping, who are United States citizens, will be permanently banned from Singapore. PHOTO: ST FILE

PUBLISHED6 MIN AGOUPDATED6 MIN AGO

FACEBOOK36TWITTERWHATSAPPEMAIL

Royston SimAssistant Political Editor

SINGAPORE - A prominent academic from the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy had his permanent residency cancelled on Friday (Aug 4), for working with a foreign government to influence Singapore's foreign policy and public opinion here.

The Ministry of Home Affairs announced that Huang Jing and his wife Shirley Yang Xiuping, who are United States citizens, will be permanently banned from Singapore, in what is the first publicly known case of its kind in nearly two decades.

The ministry said in a statement that Dr Huang has been identified as "an agent of influence of a foreign country" who worked with intelligence organisations and agents from that country. It did not name the country.

Dr Huang was Director of the Centre on Asia and Globalisation and Lee Foundation Professor on US-China relations at the LKY School, and his views on China and foreign policy issues were regularly sought by organisations and the media.

Get The Straits Times

newsletters in your inbox

"Huang used his senior position in the LKYSPP to deliberately and covertly advance the agenda of a foreign country at Singapore's expense. He did this in collaboration with foreign intelligence agents," said the ministry.

"This amounts to subversion and foreign interference in Singapore's domestic politics. Huang's continued presence in Singapore, and that of his wife, are therefore undesirable."

The Controller of Immigration has cancelled the couple's entry and re-entry permits, the ministry said.

It noted that Ms Yang was aware of her husband using his position to advance a foreign country's agenda.

Dr Huang had engaged prominent and influential Singaporeans, providing them with what he claimed was "privileged information" about the foreign country to influence their opinions in favour of that country, the ministry said.

It added that he also recruited others to aid his operations.

The ministry cited how Dr Huang gave supposedly "privileged information" to a senior member of the LKY School, so it could be passed on to the Singapore Government.

"The information was duly conveyed by that senior member of the LKYSPP to very senior public officials who were in a position to direct Singapore's foreign policy," it said.

"The clear intention was to use the information to cause the Singapore Government to change its foreign policy."

However, the Government declined to act on the information.

The Government has in the past taken action against individuals who had carried out subversive activities for foreign countries.

In 1998, the Internal Security Department arrested four Singapore citizens. Three of them were agents for a foreign intelligence service, and one of them recruited the fourth person to collect intelligence on and to subvert a local community organisation.

Before he joined the LKY School, Dr Huang taught at several universities in the United States, most recently as a lecturer at Harvard University from 2013 to 2014.

He has published numerous articles, book chapters and columns and opinion pieces - including in The Straits Times and Chinese daily Lianhe Zaobao - on Chinese elite politics, China's development strategy, its military and foreign policy, and US-China relations, among other topics.

He was director of the Asia Studies Program and associate professor of political science at Utah State University from 1994 to 2004, and was granted tenure in 1998.

He was a Shorenstein Fellow at Stanford University from 2002 to 2003, and became Senior Fellow at the John Thornton China Center at the Brookings Institution from 2004 to 2008. Various foundations have also awarded him grants and fellowships.

Currently, he serves as a senior overseas economic analyst for Xinhua News Agency, and is an overseas advisor to the China Foundation for International and Strategic Studies.

He also sits on various boards, including Keppel Land, the Steering Committee of the NUS Research Institute in Suzhou, the Fujitsu-JAIMs Foundation Japan, and Chinese energy firm Wasion Group.

He received his Bachelor of Arts in English from Sichuan University, his Masters degree in history from Fudan University, and his doctorate degree from Harvard University.

Edited by Showster
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

Lol. It is this siao lang.

http://stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore-seen/singapore/police-called-after-passenger-gives-cabby-1-tip-then-tells-him-step-out-and

Stomper Cabby was left with no choice but to call the police after a dispute with a passenger yesterday (June 28).

He had picked up the man at the airport and dropped him off at the LKY School of Public Policy in Bukit Timah.

According to the Stomper, the total fare amounted to $21 and the passenger gave him $100.

When the cabby wanted to give the passenger his change of $79, the latter only took $78 and left the remaining $1 as a tip.

However, things took a strange turn after that.

Said the Stomper in a phone interview:

"I don't know what happened but the passenger suddenly asked me to step out and show some respect.

"He said that he is a professor and has been in Singapore for eight years, and that this was a worldwide practice.

"I said I would return him his $1, and he said he would take it back but still insisted that I step out.

"He refused to exit my taxi and even called my company to complain."

respectmain.jpg

• Praise 2

lai lai lai. place your bets.

American or Chinese agent?

Complete the sentence: You can take the PRC out of PRC, but... :D

Honestly, it took the school and the government so long to take action?

If I were his boss, after the "pay respect" incident, I would already be looking for a chance to get rid of him.

Haha. But I don't have a high opinion of "american democracy" either. To me, both sides are equally willing and capable of such an act (and are probably already at it).

Anyway, I don't really care. Even if we become a chinese territory or american colony, the situation is still the same. We will still remain 2nd class  [sweatdrop]

Open leg policy

Now

Kana std

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 5

Open leg policy

Now

Kana std

Actually, even without an open leg policy, talents of this kind of background would have been welcomed here. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

This person is the one that give tips "$1" to the taxi driver to open door for him

Hahahaha....fxxxk off from singapore

Turbocharged

Might be a double agent. US citizen and SG PR, and originated from PRC.

This one cover blown probably because he tried to influence our gahmen...but....

How many more here have not been uncovered yet..

Huang jing..

I thought hes a cat 3 hk fil. Director??

Wong jing same as huang jing rite??

Ya..how can we ever forget him... and his harem of big (.)(.) actresses...

you 

can go into the pundek....

• Praise 1

So the fella's job was to mis-inform ... and "senior" people actually believed him .... tsk tsk tsk ...  <_<

High time we should change our mindset and listen to our own instead of FTs ...  We chart our own course and our own destiny ...  [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4