Lexus RX200t vs GLC vs XC60

Jiababuay

223k..

assume this is price for luxury trim (all features under the sun)..

assume this is the extra TS needs to pay after trading in his near-scrap jazz.-

Total true car price is still only around 233k as his old Jazz has at most 8-10k real value.

If one looks at LTA data, RX200t luxury OMV is 56k (higher than BMW 530 or GLC250), cost after COE is around 200k. So profit is only around 30k.

Profit margins for Merc or BMW is around 60k - 100k.

From this perspective sounds like really good buy. RX is also relatively new model just released in 2016.

RX interior look so outdated ... Center console there so plasticy Sia... Plain Jane with all those black plastic buttons... IMO ...

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

RX always a good buy because its value for money meaning borneo doesnt earn much

One car about 30-40k.

I almost bought one but the ride sucks imo. The turbo also cmi. It only looks good but not on the road. Maybe this is my view. Different person different view. Go for a test drive see whether u like it anot

Think urs is exec model. 40.5k cos overtrade.

I believe the RX mentioned is of luxury trim rather than executive trim. The luxury trim is currently listed at $263K, so with $40K that was offered for trade-in of the 9.5 years old Jazz, final price would be exactly $223K that was quoted.

mai pecah lobang leh ... anyone would feel sibei shiok to get $40k for a 9.5 years old Jazz

but in reality $223K deal is offered to tom, dick and harry walk in ... no need to nego till saliva dry?

when i trade in my car with pml ... forgot $30k or $40k overtrade ... SE keep congrats me i had the best deal in town from batam to jb

but deep down i feel ... kena carrot head liao ... LOL

no matter what coe ... what omv ... what overtrade ... the profit margin remain the same at least for PML and C&C

i believe the same for all AD ... the best deal in town for shiokness is okay for buyer ... ownself shiok ownself

I believe the RX mentioned is of luxury trim rather than executive trim. The luxury trim is currently listed at $263K, so with $40K that was offered for trade-in of the 9.5 years old Jazz, final price would be exactly $223K that was quoted.

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

mai pecah lobang leh ... anyone would feel sibei shiok to get $40k for a 9.5 years old Jazz

but in reality $223K deal is offered to tom, dick and harry walk in ... no need to nego till saliva dry?

when i trade in my car with pml ... forgot $30k or $40k overtrade ... SE keep congrats me i had the best deal in town from batam to jb

but deep down i feel ... kena carrot head liao ... LOL

no matter what coe ... what omv ... what overtrade ... the profit margin remain the same at least for PML and C&C

i believe the same for all AD ... the best deal in town for shiokness is okay for buyer ... ownself shiok ownself

But in overall pml and c&c earn more profit per car compared to lexus.

Look at how much 520d and new e class selling. Compared it to RX or even es

If 223k for rx and 40.5k for jazz, i would happily sign the deal.

I think its more like 263k with 40k overtrade so that u can loan more with higher list price. They will calculate ur loan based on 263k not 223k. 40k discount will be ur cash given instead. Shiok can leverage further

agreed [thumbsup]

but RX driving feel cannot make it leh ... turbo also lao kui ... lol

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Look at how much 520d and new e class selling. Compared it to RX or even es

If 223k for rx and 40.5k for jazz, i would happily sign the deal.

I think its more like 263k with 40k overtrade so that u can loan more with higher list price. They will calculate ur loan based on 263k not 223k. 40k discount will be ur cash given instead. Shiok can leverage further

Just curious how they base on 263k loan where they alrdy say nett purchase is 223k Liao? Shouldn't be loan start from 223k then see how much more u wana down to further reduce the loan amount? Sorry abit blur here....

the car is priced at $263K ... no matter smlj overtrade

every calculation starts from $263K

$40k is given as "trade in price" for the Jazz

so loan is based on $263K ... this is to help buyer to take bigger loan ... huat ah!

Just curious how they base on 263k loan where they alrdy say nett purchase is 223k Liao? Shouldn't be loan start from 223k then see how much more u wana down to further reduce the loan amount? Sorry abit blur here....

Supersonic

the car is priced at $263K ... no matter smlj overtrade

every calculation starts from $263K

$40k is given as "trade in price" for the Jazz

so loan is based on $263K ... this is to help buyer to take bigger loan ... huat ah!

Piang.....buy $263k car gotta rely on overtrade?

It's a sign that one is shopping at the wrong spectrum of the mkt

Just curious how they base on 263k loan where they alrdy say nett purchase is 223k Liao? Shouldn't be loan start from 223k then see how much more u wana down to further reduce the loan amount? Sorry abit blur here.... ð¬

Nett is 223k but calculation starts from 263k.

So u can take more loan, that 40k will be ur cash so u fork out less cash for downpayment but end up paying more monthly.

U go ask then for monthly loan breakdown then u will see clearly

Take bigger loan SE lagi happier... IIRC, their loan commission is percentage based. 

Nett is 223k but calculation starts from 263k.

So u can take more loan, that 40k will be ur cash so u fork out less cash for downpayment but end up paying more monthly.

U go ask then for monthly loan breakdown then u will see clearly

sure sian 1/2 la ... the conversation starts with the word ... "full cash, how much" [laugh]

if you ask got $0 downpayment ... 10 years loan .... bo?

SE eyes blink blink ... roll red carpet ... bring you to room and serve you luwak coffee ... lol

Yes thats why they see T2 sian ald

Edited by Wt_know

Currently driving 2013 XC60

Recently also tested RX and GLC

RX pricing is best, lowest margin but drive is worst

Cabin space is largest

Car is too heavy; can't understand how they can use same engine for NX on RX

Fuel consumption is terrible, quite possibly half the CRV (I drove CRV before XC60)

Did you consider the NX?

GLC is the best all rounder but that's GLC250 and CNC cannot sell package for that at the moment

Only can sell GLC200 which may be a touch low powered

new XC60 yet to arrive but I can say my current drive is better than the RX for sure

Better power to weight ratio

I hear the new XC60 will also have similar power to weight ratio

Also, the car is built like a tank, damn sturdy

• Praise 5

There is a certain Chinese/Hokkien saying that I came to appreciate as I get older: "Always leave some for others to earn/eat" 

Indirectly also means not squeezing the last drop out of every deal... Leave some for the other person to benefit. 

Yes thats why they see T2 sian ald

• Praise 3

Supercharged

Huge upgrade from Jazz to RX200t

9.5 yo Jazz... within 9.5years not surprised that career made it liao... maybe from 80k p.a to 250k p.a income.

↡ Advertisement