2018 VW Jetta

Carbon82

Following Skoda with it new Octavia, the new Jetta seems to be much larger than the existing model, and likely to hit close to 4.7m in length.

Design wise, I am seeing hints of Audi (headlight), Honda (grille) Ford (C pillar) and Hyundai (taillight). Hopefully the car look better in metal, just like the current B8 Passat. Photos were rumored to be taken at VW Mexico manufacturing facilities.

7th-generation-volkswagen-jetta.jpg7th-generation-volkswagen-jetta.jpg7th-generation-volkswagen-jetta.jpg

In case you still don't believe this is the new Jetta, but some other VW model for Brazil or China, here are some spy shots of the new Jetta taken earlier.

VW_Jetta_2018_02.jpgVW_Jetta_2018_01.jpgVW_Jetta_2018_04.jpgVW_Jetta_2018.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8

Following Skoda with it new Octavia, the new Jetta seems to be much larger than the existing model, and likely to hit close to 4.7m in length.

Design wise, I am seeing hints of Audi (headlight), Honda (grille) Ford (C pillar) and Hyundai (taillight). Hopefully the car look better in metal, just like the current B8 Passat. Photos were rumored to be taken at VW Mexico manufacturing facilities.

7th-generation-volkswagen-jetta.jpg7th-generation-volkswagen-jetta.jpg7th-generation-volkswagen-jetta.jpg

In case you still don't believe this is the new Jetta, but some other VW model for Brazil or China, here are some spy shots of the new Jetta taken earlier.

VW_Jetta_2018_02.jpgVW_Jetta_2018_01.jpgVW_Jetta_2018_04.jpgVW_Jetta_2018.jpg

Side profile looks like an Audi A3/A4...

body looks rather sporty and low.

hope an improved DSG is in there

Can you feel the difference with the best DSG on 100+ bhp ?

Turbocharged

Ooh, one piece rear windows. Overall the car looks nice, but I swear I am seeing the Megane in that front end.

Almost 4.7m? That's really close to the Passat's size!!

if it changes DSG to CVT,

I will consider new Jetta.

Agreed.  The Jetta doesn't need to have really fast changing gears.  

Going to CVT will definitely be a winner over the mid size sedan market.  It is actually a very good bargain for its features in it class.  Up-graders from the traditional Asia makes will sure consider Jetta when going into Conti makes.

• Praise 1

Agreed. The Jetta doesn't need to have really fast changing gears.

Going to CVT will definitely be a winner over the mid size sedan market. It is actually a very good bargain for its features in it class. Up-graders from the traditional Asia makes will sure consider Jetta when going into Conti makes.

Yup. Good enough for 120+bhp. Best if using Subaru CVT since it's proven on their forester

Isn't it just an a4 with slightly different styling? Esp the side profile. Lol.

Edited by Lala81