• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic | 15 praises

Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:05 PM

Hummer
  • Premium member
    Hummer
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Anyone used any "new car smell" products before?

Came across this Chemical Guys New Car Smell spray.

Is it any good?

https://www.amazon.c...s new car smell

PS: I am not affliated to the product

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:09 AM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

New car smell is probably dangerous, carcinogenic smell, VOC emitting from PVC, vinyl and other plastics, as plastic settles down.

Why pay to get sick ?

http://www.cbsnews.c...cars-are-worst/

Buadongdong, Blueray and F355 praised this

Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:20 AM

Etnt
  • Premium member
    Etnt
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Anyone used any "new car smell" products before?

Came across this Chemical Guys New Car Smell spray.

Is it any good?

https://www.amazon.c...s new car smell

PS: I am not affliated to the product

Ok lar, combine with the leather one for the full new car smell experience

https://www.amazon.c...WA5JB8YXGE4ZD0F

Posted 10 August 2017 - 08:23 AM

Rustyz
  • Premium member
    Rustyz
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I like the little tree collection new car scent.

They say new car sense make people more horny.
If anyone can have it, I don't want it.

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:55 AM

xinz
  • Premium member
    xinz
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

New car smell is probably dangerous, carcinogenic smell, VOC emitting from PVC, vinyl and other plastics, as plastic settles down.

Why pay to get sick ?

http://www.cbsnews.c...cars-are-worst/

I think the fellow is referring to a fragrance product and not the actual replicate of the toxic. 

But you are right that new car emits toxic from the new materials just like new furniture. So it is advisable to air it as much as possible and not sit in a baked new car, close all windows and breath in deeply to "enjoy" the new car smell.

As of how long it would go away? Can't tell unless one has a toxic gas meter. Generally, it depends on materials used in the car. I have visited a local car show this year, sat in various brands of the new cars on display and realized I could not handle the smell of a particular Korean brand. My friends felt the same way. I sat in all of their models on display and confirmed all had the same bad smell that make me feel uncomfortable, which led me to do a small research afterwards. These are a couple of key things that I have picked up on top of the toxic report you have posted with the link:

1. Same brand but factory in different countries use different materials. e.g. a Vx German in China factory uses recycle fabric as insulating foam, which local term it 黑心棉。It is not those properly recycled and processed but half recycled where one could still see the bits and pieces of old cloths within the foam.
  2. The same goes to the grade of the interior finish they use and even the metal. A Bxx German factory used Aluminum at roof but China factory uses steel.

My guess is all these are for cost saving, quite obvious actually. Ultimately, the cost of a basic car is really not that high, just look at the OMV, it is like 17k for a Vezel, which means the production cost is even lower possibly at the region of 11-12k. Hence it is critical to save every single cent to be profitable, and hence the lower grade of material use.            

Well I cannot say for certain that budget cars use bad materials that release more toxic, one advice I can give is to avoid really smelly new car, so smell it yourself or best bring some friends along to avoid any possible denial.      

Posted 06 September 2017 - 12:39 PM

Leinad8919
  • Leinad8919
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I like the little tree collection new car scent.

They say new car sense make people more horny.

Just like new GF. One is especially horny for new acquaintances, make you want to ride more.

Posted 06 September 2017 - 01:35 PM

Lotr8445r
  • Lotr8445r
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

MEGUAIR'S WHOLE CAR AIR RE-FRESHER (NEW C*** SCENT)

I got this from Stamford tyre but almost choke to death after using it

Edited by Lotr8445r, 06 September 2017 - 01:38 PM.

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:37 PM

Jord
  • Premium member
    Jord
    1st Gear
    Author Image

i use this too. my car 8 years old and passengers still say " wah still have new car smell!!"

but i myself cannot smell, maybe numb already, Again, very subjective how New Car Smell smells like.  

i use this too. my car 8 years old and passengers still say " wah still have new car smell!!"

but i myself cannot smell, maybe numb already, Again, very subjective how New Car Smell smells like.  

Attached Thumbnails

• P_20170906_141456_zpsjh1av5tq.jpg

Back to Detailing  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Kogado D44 Peach Air Freshener

Kogado D44 Peach Air Freshener  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by soonsoonsoon  |  Clutched

Strong Fragrance

Bought this peach one after trying out many others. Basically I think this is one of the nicer smells for this brand. However, if put in a small enclosed space like a car, the smell may be a bit too overwhelming. Instead I opened the packet h... » Read More

cado MP-C20U Air purifier

cado MP-C20U Air purifier  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Hirsutene  |  Clutched

Absorb unwanted substances

The device is easy to use, simply by plucking with the USB cable. This is a really an effective product especially during hazy days where the harmful substances were filtered, thereby reducing contamination within the car.

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Air Refreshener

Quick Reply

Tags: suzuki, suzukismell, odour and 4 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users