BPL 17/18 - The Explosive Season Begins

Picnic06-Biante15

Pep is a very good coach.

I would like to see him manage a club

like Huddesfield or Brighton and see 

how successful he is.

:D

No need make it so impossible for him.

Just ask him to manage England team and try to win a second major trophy...  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

ppl do watch EPL because of these potential high scoring games, especially when they are the fans of the team giving the thrashing. as ppl say, in EPL there will always be the possibility of the underdog winning the favourite once in a while, which adds to the excitement.

more of Palace vs Chelsea pls!

with City playing like this, how can any other team win the EPL... lets see how things go... still many games to go.

chelsea play very poor. esp their attack .

batman is very lousy . totally cannot link at all.

he gonna be sold soon i think ,

once he sub out, pedro  come in chelsea play much better,

he meant why Pool played with 3 central midfielders and only 3 forwards.  He would have preferred more attacking midfielders so that Pool is less defensive lol. 

Man Utd parked bus with 2 banks of 4 - the wingers became wingbacks.  Did anyone see Midtharyan touched the ball at all during the game? 

Firmino has 10 touches in the Utd box during this game. Utd had 11 touches in the box.. good job but.. actually that's the grand total for Mourinho's last 2 visits to anfield.  

A clean sheet is the only positive for Pool.  Mourinho came for a pt and went home happy.   

It was a tactical game of chess no doubt. Utd also wanted to remain 7 pts clear of pool, one of the contenders for top 4. Klopp - to his credit I feel, didn't risk it and gambled during the game.  

I was quite shocked that Mourinho - with such high morale - was so cautious. Apart from that one Lukaku chance, I cannot remember anything of note for them.

I think he's used to parking bus whenever he faced pool. Now it's a habit.

But pool also wasted lah. All the attackers i think need some serious practices. All don't seem to be able to put the ball away during matches. Do they practice shooting during their training? Or are their trainings not realistic enough? Any chance that come their way, they must be clinical and score lah. Now it's turning into a team of Andy Coles...  [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

I was quite shocked that Mourinho - with such high morale - was so cautious. Apart from that one Lukaku chance, I cannot remember anything of note for them.

But pool also wasted lah. All the attackers i think need some serious practices. All don't seem to be able to put the ball away during matches. Do they practice shooting during their training? Or are their trainings not realistic enough? Any chance that come their way, they must be clinical and score lah. Now it's turning into a team of Andy Coles...  [sweatdrop]

By parking bus, Mourinho is hedging himself against a worst case scenario - Pool scoring a few goals and reducing the points deficit to only 4 pts.  He wasn't too interested in the upside - winning at anfield and going 10 pts clear of Pool.

This is a true surprise. Not sure many Utd fans will agree or be proud of Mourinho  I think it shows the level of confidence in his squad at the moment. Free-scoring against small clubs and then park bus when he plays a top 4 contender.   

• Praise 1

By parking bus, Mourinho is hedging himself against a worst case scenario - Pool scoring a few goals and reducing the points deficit to only 4 pts.  He wasn't too interested in the upside - winning at anfield and going 10 pts clear of Pool.

This is a true surprise. Not sure many Utd fans will agree or be proud of Mourinho  I think it shows the level of confidence in his squad at the moment. Free-scoring against small clubs and then park bus when he plays a top 4 contender.   

Giggs gave a very fair assessment after the match. mentioning man utd players are always taught to pass the ball. He didnt see any. 

• Praise 3

once he sub out, pedro  come in chelsea play much better,

too bad Costa got outcast by Conte, if not he might have created something...

Palace did play v well though. if they continue with this performance, they should not be relegated...

• Praise 1

as a Utd fan, all i can say is that it was a fair result to both teams. Mou probably thinks that with the current squad, can only use park bus tactic... especially against Pool's fast strikers. 

good thing Salah was a bit salah with his chances for that game haha... 

But pool also wasted lah. All the attackers i think need some serious practices. All don't seem to be able to put the ball away during matches. Do they practice shooting during their training? Or are their trainings not realistic enough? Any chance that come their way, they must be clinical and score lah. Now it's turning into a team of Andy Coles... [sweatdrop]

Mourinho is an extreme pragmatist although he always denies it. He is a believer of if u don’t let in a goal, u might stand a chance to nick one at the other end thru a counter attack, set piece etc n that’s why Fergie always say defences wins u titles although stats seem to prove otherwise as provided by bro O23 previously.

JM has always played this way from his Inter Milan to his Chelsea days, the exception being RM days when he had an array of attacking talent n cos RM was so superior in La Liga bar Barca but even then he couldn’t get ahead of Barca except for one season. To be fair, this kiasu mentality works for him most times n that’s why he is branded the arch enemy of the beautiful game n is always at loggerheads with the practitioners of sexy football like Pep n Wenger. To each his own I suppose n as a fan, I suppose it’s silverware that counts n if it means parking the bus, so be it but of course ideally the beautiful game is obviously preferred!

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 7

i saw the stats , i think lukaku touch the ball lesser time then liv GK.

i think as a fan every 1 want to see their team play  nice football and win titles and cups.

but if u have to chose between 1, which 1 would u chose?

play ugly and win? or play nice and not win?

anyway like i say many times, most fans only know how to / want to see nice attacking play.

not many fans out there esp those who never play soccer know how to appreciate good defensive work.

• Praise 1

i saw the stats , i think lukaku touch the ball lesser time then liv GK.

i think as a fan every 1 want to see their team play  nice football and win titles and cups.

but if u have to chose between 1, which 1 would u chose?

play ugly and win? or play nice and not win?

anyway like i say many times, most fans only know how to / want to see nice attacking play.

not many fans out there esp those who never play soccer know how to appreciate good defensive work.

hmm... if lukaku touch ball lesser than liv gk... it is either man u is attacking a lot or pool play a a lot pass back...  [laugh]  

once he sub out, pedro come in chelsea play much better,

Batshuayi is more of a secondary striker ie playing off a main striker. But these days almost no team plays with twin strike force anymore. He is not equipped to lead the line, hold up the ball for the attacking wide players n MFs to latch onto n hence he is ineffective. I also read Ian Wright questioning his positional sense, working the defenders hard etc.

Morata has great positional sense n Costa for all his negative traits works really hard, holds the ball up well n works the channels just like Kane as well. This is how a top EPL striker shld perform though Aguero is more fox in the box type of striker.

• Praise 3

Batshuayi is more of a secondary striker ie playing off a main striker. But these days almost no team plays with twin strike force anymore. He is not equipped to lead the line, hold up the ball for the attacking wide players n MFs to latch onto n hence he is ineffective. I also read Ian Wright questioning his positional sense, working the defenders hard etc.

Morata has great positional sense n Costa for all his negative traits works really hard, holds the ball up well n works the channels just like Kane as well. This is how a top EPL striker shld perform though Aguero is more fox in the box type of striker.

speaking of Aguero, sad that hes not in the 1st team any more, Pep favouring Gab Jesus

Mourinho said pool played defensively. Err.....he gotta b kidding right?

Graeme Souness said Liverpool also parked the bus. 

Liverpool parked the bus against Man Utd, it wasn’t just Jose Mourinho -  That’s the view of Reds hero Graeme Souness.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/652481/Liverpool-Man-Utd-Jose-Mourinho-Jurgen-Klopp-Graeme-Souness-rumours-gossip-news

speaking of Aguero, sad that hes not in the 1st team any more, Pep favouring Gab Jesus

i think he and jesus  rotate , or some time both play.

i read some report, stats clearly show agureo game play change alot since pep take over.

really a top player. he give wat the manager wants. some time sit bench also no complains

augero kanna car accident and broken rib cage lah. Not kanna benched... but kanna floored  [laugh]

Liverpool parked the bus against Man Utd, it wasnât just Jose Mourinho - Thatâs the view of Reds hero Graeme Souness.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/652481/Liverpool-Man-Utd-Jose-Mourinho-Jurgen-Klopp-Graeme-Souness-rumours-gossip-news

As a red, I cannot agree that he is a hero. A very important player in that dominant team but his status wore off with that poor managerial performance. Pool’s decline in the 90s, he has a huge hand in it.

I also cannot agree with his view on Pool parking the bus. I seriously don’t know how a team can park the bus and enjoyed 62% possession and registered 16 shots on goal.

Maybe his understanding of bus parking is different from the rest of the football people.

Yup, that guy is amazing. He is task driven. Only needs to manage his boss = deliver results. Dun care what happens along the way, fans and players dun like him, and opponents hate him, so what...

Not sure why he thinks his high-flying team cannot be like the other teams that has visited Anfield this season. Almost every team has scored there i think...

Mourinho is an extreme pragmatist although he always denies it. He is a believer of if u don’t let in a goal, u might stand a chance to nick one at the other end thru a counter attack, set piece etc n that’s why Fergie always say defences wins u titles although stats seem to prove otherwise as provided by bro O23 previously.

JM has always played this way from his Inter Milan to his Chelsea days, the exception being RM days when he had an array of attacking talent n cos RM was so superior in La Liga bar Barca but even then he couldn’t get ahead of Barca except for one season. To be fair, this kiasu mentality works for him most times n that’s why he is branded the arch enemy of the beautiful game n is always at loggerheads with the practitioners of sexy football like Pep n Wenger. To each his own I suppose n as a fan, I suppose it’s silverware that counts n if it means parking the bus, so be it but of course ideally the beautiful game is obviously preferred!

You're quite right on that. He leaves his footprint everywhere he goes.

He hailed from Barca, right? I wonder what will happen if he had managed Barca with all the attacking talents of MSN, Iniesta, Xavi, etc. all in the team. Will he still attack, or will he also be conservative?

Actually, was that how Porto won the Champions League? Same blueprint is it? If so, then that likely is his philosophy in soccer, and i doubt it will change...

Liverpool parked the bus against Man Utd, it wasn’t just Jose Mourinho -  That’s the view of Reds hero Graeme Souness.

souness can speak rubbish at times. ive read a few of his opinions, n most sounds bulls**t. 

how was is it that pool was parking the bus? pool tried to attack at every opportunity. it wasnt the fast attcking display, but still attack. reason y it wasnt fast attack was bcos man u was parking the bus. no way u can attack fast against 2 lines of defenders. souness must b watching a different match, or his definition of parking bus is different.

↡ Advertisement