BPL 17/18 - The Explosive Season Begins

Maxus-MIFA9

Man Utd taken a well deserved lead. Control the game better and the front 4 are running riot.

West Ham playing like a team of strangers, which is not surprising.

Rashford playing very well so far. Star in the making

↡ Advertisement

Very good performance by Man Utd I must say.

Matic really making a huge difference in the midfield. Offered protection and initiating counters. Most importantly, free up Pogba to push forward.

This team has height, strength, pace and skill to take on anyone in the league. Expecting them to do much better in the league this season.

• Praise 1

Matic really making a huge difference in the midfield. Offered protection and initiating counters. Most importantly, free up Pogba to push forward.

This team has height, strength, pace and skill to take on anyone in the league. Expecting them to do much better in the league this season.

Quite true.

Just hope the other teams, especially Pool, can click into gear quickly and not be left behind.

Chicarito was a disappointment mostly. Expected his decision making to be better, given his rave reviews over the seasons. But West Ham was mostly poor. I also missed the news - show how unimportant he is - that Joe Hart is with West Ham now.

Pool should also learn from ManU, who was ruthless against the opponents even when leading comfortably.

Had Salah not been so wasteful, Wijnaldum was more accurate, Moreno more precise, etc... the team would not have dropped the 2 points. Still no confidence at all when we have dead balls against us - something is not right as it's been like that for a few seasons already...

First games gone and the performance of the teams were not up to expections

8 winning teams

4 draws

8 losing teams

Surprises of all :

1.  Burnley beats Chelsea (Chelsea 2 red cards) 2 - 3

2.  Huddersfield Town beat Crystal Palace  0 - 3

:yeah-im-not-drunk:

Quite true.

Just hope the other teams, especially Pool, can click into gear quickly and not be left behind.

Chicarito was a disappointment mostly. Expected his decision making to be better, given his rave reviews over the seasons. But West Ham was mostly poor. I also missed the news - show how unimportant he is - that Joe Hart is with West Ham now.

Pool should also learn from ManU, who was ruthless against the opponents even when leading comfortably.

Had Salah not been so wasteful, Wijnaldum was more accurate, Moreno more precise, etc... the team would not have dropped the 2 points. Still no confidence at all when we have dead balls against us - something is not right as it's been like that for a few seasons already...

United was not ruthless last season and so we gave away a lot of games and points.

I think Jose recognizes this.

All the goal scorers in last night's game were black players. Seemed like Jose liked this type of players. Tall and aggressive.

Anyway, it is just the first game of the season and the EPL season is a long way ahead.

• Praise 4

United was not ruthless last season and so we gave away a lot of games and points.

I think Jose recognizes this.

All the goal scorers in last night's game were black players. Seemed like Jose liked this type of players. Tall and aggressive.

Anyway, it is just the first game of the season and the EPL season is a long way ahead.

he likes powerful CF with 2 quick wingers

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

yah i also wonder why Chelsea sold Matic to bitter rival

40m only... considered cheap in today's market

• Praise 2

he likes powerful CF with 2 quick wingers

But yesterday his tactics a bit unusual. The faster Mkhitaryan playing as 10 while the slower Mata playing on the right. Only reason I can think of his the physicality of the West Ham central mids might be too tough for Mata.

But yesterday his tactics a bit unusual. The faster Mkhitaryan playing as 10 while the slower Mata playing on the right. Only reason I can think of his the physicality of the West Ham central mids might be too tough for Mata.

most importantly, surprised that mata gets into team........

Before yesterday's performance, some fans were ranting why United paid 40 million for a 28 year old defensive midfielder.

Now all seemed to have quietened down and disappeared. [:p]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Rashford playing very well so far. Star in the making

Rashford, Kane, Alli... gonna lead England for the next 3 World Cups

Lets hear from Ray Wilkins

What an amazing impact that was yesterday from Nemanja Matic, Ray Wilkins told talkSPORT.

I am a Chelsea supporter, I buy my season tickets at Chelsea, and I want to know whose educated decision that was to sell Nemanja Matic to Manchester United for £40million because it certainly wasn’t Antonio Conte’s.

As a Chelsea supporter, I want to know who made that decision. After winning the league with such a devastating midfield duo of [N’Golo] Kante and Nemanja Matic, why are selling one of them?

Yesterday you saw what Matic can do. It could cost Chelsea the league and give the Reds the league.

Lets hear from Ray Wilkins

What an amazing impact that was yesterday from Nemanja Matic, Ray Wilkins told talkSPORT.

I am a Chelsea supporter, I buy my season tickets at Chelsea, and I want to know whose educated decision that was to sell Nemanja Matic to Manchester United for £40million because it certainly wasn’t Antonio Conte’s.

As a Chelsea supporter, I want to know who made that decision. After winning the league with such a devastating midfield duo of [N’Golo] Kante and Nemanja Matic, why are selling one of them?

Yesterday you saw what Matic can do. It could cost Chelsea the league and give the Reds the league.

Perhaps both JM and Matic had chemistry during their days at Chelsea. Even those EPL players on loan get attached to other leagues preferably, so as not to have an awkward situation if in the same league. Anyway, once broken, considered sold liao :a-bang: