Public transport to go cashless

Benarsenal

Cos all of us already using ez-link card for many years.

Only thing is if on that day kena ez-link card expired then how to pay cash to at least get to a transitlink office to buy a new card ? 

• Praise 1

Surprised nobody start thread yet on this...

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/article.php?AID=17435

Next time cannot bring out coins to take bus liao...

It's a nice idea.

But they better not forget the poor and the old who don't have credit cards or even ATM cards.

There are still some groups of people who still use cash for daily lives due to circumstances. Not by choice.

And how about tourists? They gave the tourist travel card, but still have to pay by cash right?

• Praise 3

It's a nice idea.

But they better not forget the poor and the old who don't have credit cards or even ATM cards.

There are still some groups of people who still use cash for daily lives due to circumstances. Not by choice.

And how about tourists? They gave the tourist travel card, but still have to pay by cash right?

"The LTA said that even so, top-ups using cash can still be performed at convenience stores, ATM machines and TransitLink ticket offices."

• Praise 1

Why not just use fingerprint scanner and auto deduct from bank account.Everyone can use.No topups.ERP already has a sys.

I feel that some policy is darn ridiculous. This is one of the one. 

Why make things more difficult for people? They thought that for going cashless is the way to go? 

Those policy makers proberly earn a lot of money and they have no problem going cashless as everywhere they go will swipe credit card, so convinent.. But they fail to realize that what they see is only their point view. How can they be so selfish on only seeing their point of view on cashless benefit? 

By going cashless means, more headache for elderly, young children, poorer adult, tourist, those undischurged bankrupt and etc. They most likely do not have credit card. No credit card how? Many young children do not even have atm card. So how? Student was given cash for travel and food allowance and suddenly need to go cashless, parents headache, thinking OMG. How am I going to mointor, later I give my son card to use and he anyhow spend how? 

Really stupid idea to go cashless completely.. Darn.. 

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 3

Why make things more difficult for people? They thought that for going cashless is the way to go? 

Those policy makers proberly earn a lot of money and they have no problem going cashless as everywhere they go will swipe credit card, so convinent.. But they fail to realize that what they see is only their point view. How can they be so selfish on only seeing their point of view on cashless benefit? 

By going cashless means, more headache for elderly, young children, poorer adult, tourist, those undischurged bankrupt and etc. They most likely do not have credit card. No credit card how? Many young children do not even have atm card. So how? Student was given cash for travel and food allowance and suddenly need to go cashless, parents headache, thinking OMG. How am I going to mointor, later I give my son card to use and he anyhow spend how? 

cashless, is not stupid if u think deeper.

u have to pay upfront a certain amount and they get to keep this amount and make interest on it.

while u might not utilise this amount within the shortest time and even not use it at all then the longer it is unused they are happier.

also those whose card expired and lazy to go exchange or refund they even happier, so there u have it for making cashless work! [bounce1]

• Praise 5

you don't operate a business. If u do, u know that handling cash is very troublesome.

U need to have all kinda procedures in place, CCTV to monitor staff from pilfering money.

U have to transfer money to the bank at random times. U need multiple people to verify total amount in cash in drawers etc.

If shortage, staff gets sianz cos they have to bear the shortage difference. So it's added stress for them.

U have to get loose change CONSTANTLY like every 1-2 days, your staff has to spend time changing coins and smaller notes. 

Actually the benefits of going cashless is immense in terms of productivity for the business. Especially for SMEs. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 4

if dun go cashless people will say China has been doing that for years, Singapore still so backward.

you have to force people to go cashless. The first step was ezlink card and cashcard for ERP.

Now paywave (VISA) and paypass (MC) brought it to the next level.

I was actually very much a cash person for small transactions say like at Macs, until the advantage of paywave made it really too convenient liao

Cashless is good provided they do away with all the propriety cash cards, fees, expiry/suspension dates if not use within certain period....

There should just be one cashless cash card/chip issued by a money authority, legal tender for all cashless point of sale terminals.

Edited by Kangadrool

I fully support going cashless.

As long as they allow cash top ups right at the station (for MRT) and at convenience stores (for bus travellers), where's the beef?

Cashless is good provided they do away with all the propriety cash cards, fees, expiry/suspension dates if not use within certain period....

There should just be one cashless cash card/chip issued by a money authority, legal tender for all cashless point of sale terminals.

I also agree with this. The cost for the physical card shouldn't be passed on to the consumer (except maybe in case of loss - barring theft with a police report).

The UK Oyster card does not have a non refundable cost component. Why is our gahmen so money-minded? Going cashless already saves them money, let them defray the cost of the cards using those savings.

• Praise 1

cashless is the way go ... [thumbsup]

handling physical money is no joke

my only worry is "hacking"

20 years ago when phonecard was widely used for making phone call ...

i have seen with my eyes that how they can hack the card

you can buy a $10 phone card that you can make more than $10

some say they got "special card" can dial all you want

now that we are moving cashless and even more cashless ...

digital currency is so much easy to steal than robbing a bank ...

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

I never like the word cashless.

I prefer the word free.

:D

In the Tiko Ranger world... Cash is King!!!!... the only thing they want less is the xmm dress!!! [lipsrsealed]  [inlove]  

Seriously, going cashless good.... but like Bro say.... can we just have 1 standard format??? Diff card for diff purpose then got to take so many cards.... wtf... 

Edited by Nlatio

"The LTA said that even so, top-ups using cash can still be performed at convenience stores, ATM machines and TransitLink ticket offices."

Top up in convenience stores and ATM machines still need to pay additional 50 cents admin fee?

Last time the ATM machines impose such fees after providing free top ups in ATM machines. Immediately stopped and switched to cash top ups at the Transitlink ticket machines.