Public transport to go cashless

Benarsenal

Now Kings and Queens are passee. We have now are Prime Ministars and Preztidents.

In the old days, my dad always told me Cash is King

I going to tell him that now, Cashless is King  [:p]  [:p]  [:p]

↡ Advertisement

Why not just use fingerprint scanner and auto deduct from bank account.Everyone can use.No topups.ERP already has a sys.

Soon everyone will get micro-chipped
  • Praise 1

Dont worry,I saw Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible you can overcome this by passing electricity throught your body.
  • Praise 2

I feel that some policy is darn ridiculous. This is one of the one.

Why make things more difficult for people? They thought that for going cashless is the way to go?

Those policy makers proberly earn a lot of money and they have no problem going cashless as everywhere they go will swipe credit card, so convinent.. But they fail to realize that what they see is only their point view. How can they be so selfish on only seeing their point of view on cashless benefit?

By going cashless means, more headache for elderly, young children, poorer adult, tourist, those undischurged bankrupt and etc. They most likely do not have credit card. No credit card how? Many young children do not even have atm card. So how? Student was given cash for travel and food allowance and suddenly need to go cashless, parents headache, thinking OMG. How am I going to mointor, later I give my son card to use and he anyhow spend how?

Really stupid idea to go cashless completely.. Darn..

I don't really think it is stupid because

1. a lot of social media chatter but in real life very few or no verbal or written complains / opposition to the authorities,

2. if people really don't like policies like these and many others, why we still getting the same group of people in the government each and every election.

We need to live with that. History has shown you can complain until the cows come home, when authorities made up their mind, nothing is going to change.

Many policies all in the name of progress, is resulting in leaving a significant proportion of the population behind, I guess they are again we writing the definition of inclusive society.

We need to learn and be gracious that many who are handicap are not something they wish for but able men and women can make their lives a bit easier by sacrificing a bit for our fellow disadvantage man and woman.

• Praise 7

Actually the POSB everyday card works well for me.

It is a ATM card, credit card and ez-link card all in one.

How to ownself top up ownself for POSB Everyday card if you are using it as ez-link card and using it as ATM card at the same time at the top up terminal (assuming not using the auto reload function)?

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

I agree. We should just have Octopus in Singapore.

How to ownself top up ownself for POSB Everyday card if you are using it as ez-link card and using it as ATM card at the same time at the top up terminal (assuming not using the auto reload function)?

For POSB Everyday use auto-reload better. Its free anyway. Quite convenient. 

Edited by Blueray
  • Praise 1

Top up at ATM.

When you press Top Up ez-link card, it will eject the Everyday card and you can put it on the area at the ATM.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 2

For me its SPC petrol as well.  [laugh]

For me its SPC petrol as well. [laugh]

Me too bro. Many functions in one card.

For me its SPC petrol as well. [laugh]

Me too bro. Many functions in one card.

Dont worry,I saw Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible you can overcome this by passing electricity throught your body.

His chip in brain lah.

Ours definitely in hand,

Imagine need to place the head to the receiver making payment each time.

Turbocharged

I feel that some policy is darn ridiculous. This is one of the one. 

Why make things more difficult for people? They thought that for going cashless is the way to go? 

Those policy makers proberly earn a lot of money and they have no problem going cashless as everywhere they go will swipe credit card, so convinent.. But they fail to realize that what they see is only their point view. How can they be so selfish on only seeing their point of view on cashless benefit? 

By going cashless means, more headache for elderly, young children, poorer adult, tourist, those undischurged bankrupt and etc. They most likely do not have credit card. No credit card how? Many young children do not even have atm card. So how? Student was given cash for travel and food allowance and suddenly need to go cashless, parents headache, thinking OMG. How am I going to mointor, later I give my son card to use and he anyhow spend how? 

Really stupid idea to go cashless completely.. Darn.. 

they're already heavily punishing cash users.

last week took the bus with my pri 5 kid who didn't bring along his ezlink crd.

3 bus stops.

Driver said minimum fare : $1.40.

>1.5m, pay cash, no kiddie fare.

• Praise 1

I'm not surprised due to our super sensitive , obsessive n oppressive xxx..
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3