• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
21 replies to this topic | 127 praises

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:10 PM

Liquidsn
  • Premium member
    Liquidsn
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

My bro was driving my car and he stopped at right turning lane waiting to turn right when out of nowhere a speeding taxi driving too close hit his side mirror and whole mirror flew off.

The taxi stopped and admitted his fault. I have photos and video of the accident too. My bro agree to private settled and tomorrow i will be going down to C&C workshop ( am driving a KIA K3). Have taxi driver settle bill on the spot and if he give any excuse i will claim his insurance.

As i am still pretty new to this, anything i should look out for like process wise? Should i go back to C&C and 3rd party? My mirror is those motorized auto folding.

Thanks

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:36 PM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Got video or written statement from the other driver admitting his fault or car cam video showing him in the wrong?  If not tomorrow he denies it you will LLST.

Still2016 praised this

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:38 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

$2 says taxi driver will change his mind tomorw
Garage36.com

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:47 PM

Rustyz
  • Premium member
    Rustyz
    6th Gear
    Author Image

24 hr to report. Taxi uncle are still better the PHV.

PHV no one to complain to
Freeder praised this
If anyone can have it, I don't want it.

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:52 PM

Mcf777
  • Mcf777
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

if the motorised mirror is too costly, taxi lao will ask u to claim insurance.

further more, is side mirror. 50-50 case.

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:22 PM

Nzy
  • Premium member
    Nzy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Got sign anything to show the taxi driver admit his fault? If not, this is one way they use to delay so they got time to go workshop and ask whether should claim or not. Hit mirror usually 50-50, so if the mirror too expensive he might just choose to claim.

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:41 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Video must be conclusive that it is taxi fault. If not, tomorrow he will turn around and bite you.

Count-Bracula praised this

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:44 PM

zipping
  • zipping
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Whatever e case...claim or dun claim....remember to report e accident to ur insurance company/workshop 2morrow. 

Newbie26, Carbon82, Dleodleo, FourZero and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:58 PM

Liquidsn
  • Premium member
    Liquidsn
    Clutched
    Author Image

Thanks all. my bro didnt get written statement, but got video showing his taxi suddenly hitting my mirror at high speed, got impact sound and debris flying, my car was stationary all the way, waiting to turn right. after hitting he swerve to avoid hitting kerb. To me the video is pretty conclusive.

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:09 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

NPNT then.

More like NVNT.....
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:26 PM

Kklee
  • Kklee
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Thanks all. my bro didnt get written statement, but got video showing his taxi suddenly hitting my mirror at high speed, got impact sound and debris flying, my car was stationary all the way, waiting to turn right. after hitting he swerve to avoid hitting kerb. To me the video is pretty conclusive.

Video got show taxi number?

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:30 PM

Jusnel
  • Jusnel
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Next time do this.

Send SMS message to the other driver, to describe the accident, and that he agree to settle private and all the other details in the same SMS message. Then the other driver will have to reply back in SMS that he agree to your SMS message.

Do this on the spot of the accident.

Settle liao. No need to sign this or that

Just send SMS and keep the messages.

Hand phone messages are recognized in court of law.

Driver wont dare to change his mind.

Edited by Jusnel, 13 August 2017 - 10:31 PM.

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:43 PM

Count-Bracula
  • Premium member
    Count-Bracula
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Good luck TS.

If taxi loh chut pattern . . . .
Still2016 praised this
Me Newcastle fan

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:23 AM

RCTP
  • Premium member
    RCTP
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Private settlement better get black n white. No other way around it. Otherwise there's also a good enough chance the other party will flip prata.

Like what others said, later become 50/50 then you have fork out half the repair cost and his liability reduced by 50%. Better option for the other party.
Count-Bracula and macrotrust2 praised this

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:51 AM

Dleodleo
  • Premium member
    Dleodleo
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Whatever e case...claim or dun claim....remember to report e accident to ur insurance company/workshop 2morrow. 

That's what I am going to say too. 

Be it private settlement or not, still have to report your insurance co too.  We would not know if there's further claim on this accident in future or not.  Report to cover our backside.

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:04 AM

Passion
  • Premium member
    Passion
    Supercharged
    Author Image

post video, we judge for you. Army taught us, you think i thought who confirm? You ownself cannot confirm ownself. Come show us and we advice you!

Mits_jc praised this

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:56 AM

RCTP
  • Premium member
    RCTP
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

post video, we judge for you. Army taught us, you think i thought who confirm? You ownself cannot confirm ownself. Come show us and we advice you!

We've been getting a lot of real life examples recently for own self check own self. Haha

But I digress.

Better post video here for us to see. Otherwise just your word against him.

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:19 AM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

taxi flip prata already?

Garage36.com

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:31 AM

UncleAtas
  • UncleAtas
    5th Gear
    Author Image

A story should have an ending. Please update if TD flip prata or honor his words.

Refer to signature guidelines

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:39 AM

Mrlancergtx
  • Mrlancergtx
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Roti Kosong?

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: kia, kiaaccident, claim, workshop and 1 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users