Got into accident with a Taxi

Liquidsn

My bro was driving my car and he stopped at right turning lane waiting to turn right when out of nowhere a speeding taxi driving too close hit his side mirror and whole mirror flew off.

The taxi stopped and admitted his fault. I have photos and video of the accident too. My bro agree to private settled and tomorrow i will be going down to C&C workshop ( am driving a KIA K3). Have taxi driver settle bill on the spot and if he give any excuse i will claim his insurance.

As i am still pretty new to this, anything i should look out for like process wise? Should i go back to C&C and 3rd party? My mirror is those motorized auto folding.

Thanks

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Got video or written statement from the other driver admitting his fault or car cam video showing him in the wrong?  If not tomorrow he denies it you will LLST.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

if the motorised mirror is too costly, taxi lao will ask u to claim insurance.

further more, is side mirror. 50-50 case.

Twincharged

Got sign anything to show the taxi driver admit his fault? If not, this is one way they use to delay so they got time to go workshop and ask whether should claim or not. Hit mirror usually 50-50, so if the mirror too expensive he might just choose to claim.

Hypersonic

Video must be conclusive that it is taxi fault. If not, tomorrow he will turn around and bite you.

• Praise 1

Thanks all. my bro didnt get written statement, but got video showing his taxi suddenly hitting my mirror at high speed, got impact sound and debris flying, my car was stationary all the way, waiting to turn right. after hitting he swerve to avoid hitting kerb. To me the video is pretty conclusive.

Thanks all. my bro didnt get written statement, but got video showing his taxi suddenly hitting my mirror at high speed, got impact sound and debris flying, my car was stationary all the way, waiting to turn right. after hitting he swerve to avoid hitting kerb. To me the video is pretty conclusive.

Video got show taxi number?

Next time do this.

Send SMS message to the other driver, to describe the accident, and that he agree to settle private and all the other details in the same SMS message. Then the other driver will have to reply back in SMS that he agree to your SMS message.

Do this on the spot of the accident.

Settle liao. No need to sign this or that

Just send SMS and keep the messages.

Hand phone messages are recognized in court of law.

Driver wont dare to change his mind.

Edited by Jusnel
  • Praise 7

Private settlement better get black n white. No other way around it. Otherwise there's also a good enough chance the other party will flip prata.

Like what others said, later become 50/50 then you have fork out half the repair cost and his liability reduced by 50%. Better option for the other party.

• Praise 2

Whatever e case...claim or dun claim....remember to report e accident to ur insurance company/workshop 2morrow. 

That's what I am going to say too. 

Be it private settlement or not, still have to report your insurance co too.  We would not know if there's further claim on this accident in future or not.  Report to cover our backside.

post video, we judge for you. Army taught us, you think i thought who confirm? You ownself cannot confirm ownself. Come show us and we advice you!

• Praise 1

post video, we judge for you. Army taught us, you think i thought who confirm? You ownself cannot confirm ownself. Come show us and we advice you!

We've been getting a lot of real life examples recently for own self check own self. Haha

But I digress.

Better post video here for us to see. Otherwise just your word against him.