• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
63 replies to this topic | 347 praises

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:11 AM

wpy
  • Premium member
    wpy
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Has anyone noticed that all the mid-sized Korean and Japanese sedans no longer seem to be available. Camry, Accord, Teana, Legacy, Sonata, Optima are no longer available in showrooms.  They're mostly not even listed for sale either by ADs in SG carmart . The Mazda 6 seems to be the only mid-sized Japanese sedan that's available now. Anyone know if, and when, any of these cars will be back in our showrooms soon? 2018 models?

Tianmo, Vidz and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:50 AM

jg2000
  • jg2000
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Has anyone noticed that all the mid-sized Korean and Japanese sedans no longer seem to be available. Camry, Accord, Teana, Legacy, Sonata, Optima are no longer available in showrooms.  They're mostly not even listed for sale either by ADs in SG carmart . The Mazda 6 seems to be the only mid-sized Japanese sedan that's available now. Anyone know if, and when, any of these cars will be back in our showrooms soon? 2018 models?

At that price range, suspect people are buying SUVs instead.

Same thing happening in most countries around the world.

Benarsenal and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:55 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Nobody wants to buy executive or midsized sedans anymore. Unless it's the upmarket ones.

Probably will affect the trade in value for my sedan when i do change.

-_-

Benarsenal praised this

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:14 AM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The uncles hv moved up from their Camry to Harriers

The chiongsters hv moved up from their Legacy to BMWs

The value conscious hv moved up from Sonata to VWs

Or maybe simply becoz these mid sized sedans are not Euro 6?
wpy praised this

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:24 AM

wpy
  • Premium member
    wpy
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Nobody wants to buy executive or midsized sedans anymore. Unless it's the upmarket ones.

Probably will affect the trade in value for my sedan when i do change.

-_-

If that's right, then that's a real pity. I actually find the generally softer ride and handling of a sedan more to my liking than an SUV.  I guess that would put me in the minority these days then.  :beaten:

Toeknee_33, Lala81, Benarsenal, Buadongdong and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:28 AM

kykh
  • Premium member
    kykh
    4th Gear
    Author Image

With its fuel efficiency, Mazda 6 is probably the only mid-size sedan that has to undertake only minor tweak in their existing 2017 edition to qualify under Euro VI emission standards that will be adopted for petrol vehicles from September 1. Others are probably planning to be Euro VI compliant as part of their new launches.

wpy and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:32 AM

UncleAtas
  • UncleAtas
    5th Gear
    Author Image

SUVs are the way to go..

1 Anonymous member praised this
Refer to signature guidelines

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:36 AM

Aventador
  • Aventador
    6th Gear
    Author Image

The prices are too close to the Conti brands already,

between Camry and Audi A4, i think many get the Conti due to image

even though the car is not the same size

even though the car is not the same size

Beregond and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:37 AM

Toeknee_33
  • Premium member
    Toeknee_33
    5th Gear
    Author Image

If that's right, then that's a real pity. I actually find the generally softer ride and handling of a sedan more to my liking than an SUV.  I guess that would put me in the minority these days then.  :beaten:

Count me in!

2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:06 PM

Dannnn
  • Dannnn
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I agreed, either you go small or all the way big lol

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:59 PM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

MPV also kick in a percentage of it.

I observe more family's car are MPV also. [drivingcar]

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:47 PM

Nzy
  • Premium member
    Nzy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yeah. I got one relative who was considering a camry, end up getting an MPV. Bigger and more practical for similar price.

Sdf4786k praised this

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:08 PM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    6th Gear
    Author Image

used to drive mid size saloon. But when I do a self check, the boot is relatively empty and I lugging a weight around for a just in case.

Reason I got a mid size saloon was my two new kids. So got baby seats and pram. Make sense then. But now they grown up, I went with a hatch back instead.

Columbian78 praised this

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:22 PM

Kia7200
  • Kia7200
    5th Gear
    Author Image

130k++ for a camry. Most ppl rather get a harrier or mz6 la

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:27 PM

7hm
  • Premium member
    7hm
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Pricing is close to SUVs and people now like SUVs.

But also probably because all those you mentioned are all stock clearing because the current stock don't meet the Euro VI standards due to using outdated engines, the Sonata & Optima for example were using HMC's older generation engine in MPi spec, Camry also using outdated engine, Teana and Legacy probably refreshing soon.

Meanwhile Accord new generation just around the corner.

Driving car, not funny, bid for car with COE, ERP, road tax, PARF until you want to barf

Dabbler in digital graphics, computer assembly, tech and photography.
「さぁ、今、手を伸ばして 」

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:05 PM

wpy
  • Premium member
    wpy
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

130k++ for a camry. Most ppl rather get a harrier or mz6 la

Somehow I don't think the introduction of the Harrier is the reason the Camry is not currently being sold. Even if the SUV is seemingly more popular, I believe it caters to a different segment of car owners. Perhaps there would be some cannibilization, but enough for them to stop selling the Camry altogether? I'm not so sure. Someone else pointed out about the current md sized sedans not meeting the euro vi compliance standard sounds more plausible, I think.

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:11 PM

wpy
  • Premium member
    wpy
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Pricing is close to SUVs and people now like SUVs.

But also probably because all those you mentioned are all stock clearing because the current stock don't meet the Euro VI standards due to using outdated engines, the Sonata & Optima for example were using HMC's older generation engine in MPi spec, Camry also using outdated engine, Teana and Legacy probably refreshing soon.
Meanwhile Accord new generation just around the corner.

That makes a lot of sense. Hope you're right. Would like to see a wider range of car choices available then just the SUV range.

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:13 PM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Somehow I don't think the introduction of the Harrier is the reason the Camry is not currently being sold. Even if the SUV is seemingly more popular, I believe it caters to a different segment of car owners. Perhaps there would be some cannibilization, but enough for them to stop selling the Camry altogether? I'm not so sure. Someone else pointed out about the current md sized sedans not meeting the euro vi compliance standard sounds more plausible, I think.

Yup. It cannot be in one year, buying habits changed so drastically. Last year all the mid size models mentioned were still on sale.

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:37 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Probably due to sudden surge in younger population and drastic drop in ah peks. [:p]

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:59 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Camry, new model coming soon

Accord, new model coming soon

Teana, new model coming soon

Legacy, facelift model coming soon

Sonata, new model out in Apr in the US, but no news in SG. But the previous model is not selling.

Optima, no news, Suspect being replaced by the new Stinger.

As far as I have observed, only Mazda 6 is in time for the facelift model and updated engines to continue selling.

Drainwater praised this
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: 2 liter sedan, japanese cars and 6 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users