Where have the mid sized sedans gone

wpy

The scene here does not benefit the high cc cars like Camry, Accord, Teana etc... The trend now is turbo cars to reduce road tax. 

Heard from a Hyundai car salesman that the next Sonata is Euro model 6, 8-speed 2 litre Turbo......coming in 3 months time.....

Edited by Samlimlp
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Heard from a Hyundai car salesman that the next Sonata is Euro model 6, 8-speed 2 litre Turbo......coming in 3 months time.....

Will taxi company snap up first?

Nowadays people don't buy Sonatas because associated with taxis.

I've never tried the XV, so I can't comment on the ride, but I have tried the Forester and it does have a pretty comfortable ride. On the other hand, i found the Legacy to be more comfortable than its SUV cousin, the Outback for city driving. I think Subaru SUVs tend to handle very well, and perhaps it has to do with their boxer engines, which sit lower than inline engines, giving them more stability. I think that's a real plus point for their SUVs, and of course their AWD. One of the disadvantages I find though, in general, about driving SUVs in the city, with their high centre of gravity, is that we tend to make more sharp turns and u-turns in our daily driving. I think Sedans tend to perform better under those conditions.

You will be suprised

Forester turning radius only 5.3m

Making a U turn its easily.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 1

Will taxi company snap up first?

Nowadays people don't buy Sonatas because associated with taxis.

Edited by Samlimlp
  • Praise 1

If like that, cannot buy Mercedes, KIA, Chevrolet, Toyota.........

Other than Mercedes-Benz, not many people buy the Chevrolet Epica, KIA Optima and even the Renault Fluence.

Mercedes-Benz E class still have people buy, but not white.

Exactly,

If you visit Sydney, the whole taxi fleet are pre-dominantly Toyota Camrys.

Just that in Singapore you dun see it, hence dun feel the taxi association and hence can happily drive or own it.

To some people, taxi (or rental car) association is ok if it is a Honda Vezel, Mazda 3, Toyota Altis, Mitsubishi Attrage, Audi A3, even E200s and a few more of your standard Uber (LCR) cars. Some say it is a testament of their reliability.

Talk about flipping reasoning to suit self-consolation.

Haha, my sentiments, precisely!

• Praise 1