• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
170 replies to this topic | 1,096 praises

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:28 PM

Philipkee
  • Philipkee
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Has anyone ever been on a round the world trip? Been dreaming of one since 2004. As I get older I think to myself my life is half over....

I plan
Singapore to Seoul by plane
Seoul to China by ship
China to Paris by train via transfer sobering and whatever rail there is
Paris to new York by plane
New York to West coast by land
West coast to Japan by plane
Japan to Singapore by plane

Anyone ever had such dreams? Anyone ever travelled from Seoul to China by plane or china to Paris by train?

As I get older I thinking to myself just yolo.
Tianmo, BabyBlade, Aaronlkl and Spurman praised this

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:30 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

round the world but cover less than a dozen country?

骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:58 PM

Kxbc
  • Kxbc
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Got some round the world cruises. you hop on and off when they berth. read in straits times before. 120 days i think.

Cosmicclaw, Mockngbrd and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:00 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

haha for me, i think so long on the road, i will lose interest.

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:06 AM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Has anyone ever been on a round the world trip? Been dreaming of one since 2004. As I get older I think to myself my life is half over....

I plan
Seoul to China by ship

Anyone ever had such dreams? Anyone ever travelled from Seoul to China by plane or china to Paris by train?

Thought of it before but too bad I'm peasant.. designated to work whole life one. Cannot afford round the world trip.. Maybe round Malaysia possible for me lah..

2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:35 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

haha for me, i think so long on the road, i will lose interest.

that is quite true, you will get tire and loss momentum if travel for too long, better if going to one continent at a time, spend maximum a month.

Tohto praised this
骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:46 AM

Spring

I plan
Seoul to China by ship

Round the world normally encompasses South America n even South Africa so u might one to consider these places but its going to be ex n u need more days as well. Alternatively, u can split into 2 or more trips. Enjoy!!
Pinobii, Pocy, Aaronlkl, Freeder, Newbie26, FourZero, Angcheek and 3 other members praised this
<!-- isHtml:1 -->

Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:30 PM

Galantspeedz
  • Premium member
    Galantspeedz
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

once my kids grow up... i want go solo trip on trans siberian railway

RH1667 and Mockngbrd praised this
MCF PS3 Gang
MCF Hamsup Tiko Ranger

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:54 PM

Mercury1
  • Mercury1
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I did a trip from London to Singapore by train, it was a solo trip but was in my late 20's. Can pass you the itinerary if you like but might require some updating by now  [laugh]

I think any trip by plane is fairly straight forward, during my travels I met a chap on the trans-mongolian who was doing a round the world trip. It was round trip via business class and he mention it was actually fairly cheap considering if he booked them separate.

I plan
Seoul to China by ship

My F30 review

Mitsubishi Lancer Coupe (Gone) -> Mazda Astina (Gone) -> E46 3.18 M Sports (Gone) -> Renault Clio (Gone) -> Mini Cooper S -> BMW 3.28i M Sport

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:58 PM

Kxbc
  • Kxbc
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

http://www.cunard.co...d-cruises/2018/

just one of many if you do a google search for "round the world cruise"

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:47 AM

Victor68
  • Premium member
    Victor68
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Sound more like covering the distance of the circumference of the earth than travel round the world leh.  I will be good to cover most of the trip by land if possible so that you get to see the countries en-route to your next destination.

Good thread, anyone has done it please share and also give us tips on cost and duration. :a-happy:

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:29 PM

Mercury1
  • Mercury1
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Posting up my planning route when I did a train travel from the UK, this was done in 2010 so the train routes must be re validated, Philipkee take a view and see if you like to clarify any parts of the journey. I can post pics as well if you want to know the condition of the trains. 680 GBP was for first class on the transmongolian roughly 7 days.

Journey will be like this

Travel Map.jpg

Itinerary

Train Planning.jpg

My F30 review

Mitsubishi Lancer Coupe (Gone) -> Mazda Astina (Gone) -> E46 3.18 M Sports (Gone) -> Renault Clio (Gone) -> Mini Cooper S -> BMW 3.28i M Sport

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:38 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Posting up my planning route when I did a train travel from the UK, this was done in 2010 so the train routes must be re validated, Philipkee take a view and see if you like to clarify any parts of the journey. I can post pics as well if you want to know the condition of the trains. 680 GBP was for first class on the transmongolian roughly 7 days.

Journey will be like this

attachicon.gifTravel Map.jpg

Itinerary

attachicon.gifTrain Planning.jpg

wow. your butt not sore ar? sit so many trains

[thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:45 PM

Mercury1
  • Mercury1
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

The trains were okay (except for this one in Latvia), but I was thrown off the train in Poland due to some visa issues and had to take a 24 hour bus ride up to Latvia now really gave a sore butt  [laugh]

Lucky was young then, my army fitness not fully worn off yet  [sweatdrop]

wow. your butt not sore ar? sit so many trains

[thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

Philipkee praised this
My F30 review

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:47 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The trains were okay (except for this one in Latvia), but I was thrown off the train in Poland due to some visa issues and had to take a 24 hour bus ride up to Latvia now really gave a sore butt  [laugh]

Lucky was young then, my army fitness not fully worn off yet  [sweatdrop]

ha my back would have killed me  -_-

But a great experience. So many thousands of km covered!

Pocy and Mercury1 praised this

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:01 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I want to go around the world.

So many times I posted here looking for a good looking rich young lady

to take me round the world stay in 5 star hotels, eat in fancy restaurants

visit the famous sites Eiffel Tower, London Bridge, Vatican, NY, SF, LV,

I don't mind doing Train like Orient Express, ship like QE2 and even drive

Like Route 66 and drive from one end of Japan to the other in an open top MX5.

I will even provide companionship and physical love.

Please PM me before my mailbox gets too full.

:D

Edited by Jamesc, 29 October 2017 - 10:03 PM.

Mercury1 praised this
Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:05 PM

Mercury1
  • Mercury1
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Consider doing the trans mongolian with your family, great bonding experience  [laugh]

You're back will be fine, its a sleeper train  [;)]

ha my back would have killed me  -_-

But a great experience. So many thousands of km covered!

Too late Nic's got that covered you better wait for Gigi Chao lah

I want to go around the world.

So many times I posted here looking for a good looking rich young lady

to take me round the world stay in 5 star hotels, eat in fancy restaurants

visit the famous sites Eiffel Tower, London Bridge, Vatican, NY, SF, LV,

I don't mind doing Train like Orient Express, ship like QE2 and even drive

Like Route 66 and drive from one end of Japan to the other in an open top MX5.

I will even provide companionship and physical love.

Please PM me before my mailbox gets too full.

Jamesc and Newbie26 praised this
My F30 review

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:09 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

SG-Tokyo-LA-Houston-New York-Germany-SG considered round the world or not?
Jamesc, Philipkee and Newbie26 praised this

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:14 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

SG-Tokyo-LA-Houston-New York-Germany-SG considered round the world or not?

It's definitely one round

Just not so sure how much of the world you got to see.

Newbie26 and BabyBlade praised this

that pollute the earth

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:26 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I have been to Philippines many times but never saw much of it.

Airport hotel office never even got to go to Airforce One before it closed down.

I have been to Cebu but never saw the beach and even been to Ilo Ilo like the movie

but only saw the airport, meeting room and hotel room and they all look the same.

Edited by Jamesc, 29 October 2017 - 10:28 PM.

that pollute the earth

Back to Travel & Road Trips  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: round, world, trip

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users