UCL 17/18 : The European Elite Football Clubs

Picnic06-Biante15

I still rate Ancelotti. He is successful n yet his teams play quite attacking. His Chelsea team that won the title in 2010 scored more than 100 goals that season n is the EPL record. I think there was some dressing room discord at Munich which led to his downfall though Iâm surprised as he is a good man Manager. Anyway, he wonât have lack of suitors next season n I personally hope he returns to EPL. Donât forget he has 4/5 big 5 European League titles. Even JM a doesnât have this though he can claim he got the biggest 3 of EPL, La Liga n Serie A.

agreed. personally i would still rate Ancelotti higher than Mou, but i was surprised he didnt do well at Bayern. Ancelotti has a reputation of being able to manage a team of egos and superstars, which was why he was hired in the 1st place...
↡ Advertisement

I still rate Ancelotti. He is successful n yet his teams play quite attacking. His Chelsea team that won the title in 2010 scored more than 100 goals that season n is the EPL record. I think there was some dressing room discord at Munich which led to his downfall though Iâm surprised as he is a good man Manager. Anyway, he wonât have lack of suitors next season n I personally hope he returns to EPL. Donât forget he has 4/5 big 5 European League titles. Even JM a doesnât have this though he can claim he got the biggest 3 of EPL, La Liga n Serie A.

Ancelotti was just a scapegoat for an aging team that is not able to compete on the elite club football level for talents.

In recent years most club revenue from traditional sources like gate receipt commercial engagements etc has more or less been fully extracted. The major windfalls are from tv rights and sugar or oily daddies. BM is mostly fan owned and will not be able to go for latter avenue.

Tv leh. I guess the world wide consumers has spoken to drive north the 'right' to watch live football. Simple test would be to name all the local derbies in each league.

• Praise 2

Wow thatâs a very good record! Chelsea last night were carved out by Roma despite taking a 2 goal lead but did well to get a draw. Hopefully this hot English streak continues n also in UEL!!

Dzeko’s first goal was top top class.

Wow that’s a very good record! Chelsea last night were carved out by Roma despite taking a 2 goal lead but did well to get a draw. Hopefully this hot English streak continues n also in UEL!!

quite surprise man u poor outing.

lukaku play poorly again

Man United were gifted a goal from Benfica’s goalie who became the youngest goalie in UCL history but the United players were very sporting to console n encourage the youngster after the game, great sportsmanship

• Praise 3

Carlo Ancelotti spotted at Stamford Bridge in last nightâs UCL game prompting reaction from Chelsea fans who think he is going to replace Conte who has hinted he may leave at season end. While this is possible, think the Blues fans reading too much into it.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-fans-think-know-real-11367099

If after being treated in that manner the previous time and he still goes back, I have nothing to say

Man United were gifted a goal from Benficaâs goalie who became the youngest goalie in UCL history but the United players were very sporting to console n encourage the youngster after the game, great sportsmanship ðð

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/868242/Manchester-United-Champions-League-players

Of course they will do that lah, all thanks to him they got a goal leh. Else will be another 0-0 for the tactical genius :D

If after being treated in that manner the previous time and he still goes back, I have nothing to say

hard to say... Mou also went back to Chelsea although he was sacked by Abramovich during his 1st stint. 

hard to say... Mou also went back to Chelsea although he was sacked by Abramovich during his 1st stint.

Good point, allow me to rephrase.

If after being treated in the manner previously, and seeing how Jose was treated after returning the second time and yet, Anchelotti still wants to go back, I have nothing to say.

• Praise 1

Good point, allow me to rephrase.

If after being treated in the manner previously, and seeing how Jose was treated after returning the second time and yet, Anchelotti still wants to go back, I have nothing to say.

agreed. not likely he will go back to Chelsea. would be nice to see him manage an EPL side though. 

Carlo Ancelotti spotted at Stamford Bridge in last night’s UCL game prompting reaction from Chelsea fans who think he is going to replace Conte who has hinted he may leave at season end. While this is possible, think the Blues fans reading too much into it.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-fans-think-know-real-11367099

actually there have always been rumours going around that Conte is always looking to go back to Italy at some point. It is extremely strange for him to agree with a new contract without increase in the tenure.  so, Carlo's presence at the Bridge just add more smoke.  

i had originally hoped for Ancelotti to take over as Man Utd manager after LVG, but he went to Bayern instead. blessing in disguise on hindsight?

At least JM had the temerity to leave the much-loved Rooney on the bench, which led to him leaving for Everton and retiring from the England team and to realise that his heydays were over. Also good that JM extended Ibra's contract as Lukaku is not that hyped-out as expected.

At least JM had the temerity to leave the much-loved Rooney on the bench, which led to him leaving for Everton and retiring from the England team and to realise that his heydays were over. Also good that JM extended Ibra's contract as Lukaku is not that hyped-out as expected.

agreed that probably Ancelotti would not have benched Rooney... as for Ibra, i think Carlo can do it too (contract extension).