UCL 17/18 : The European Elite Football Clubs

Picnic06-Biante15

Strange, i cannot open the link.  [bigcry]

UCL 17/18 starts with tonight (Wed early morning) 1st leg qualifying matches. [smash]

Liverpool facing Hoffenheim away tonight.

JK press conference :

"Nothing has changed on one side or the other side," he said from a press conference in Germany on Monday.

"He's not available for us at the moment. That's the main issue. He cannot play for Liverpool in this moment. Everyone can imagine this is a blow for us.

"We have to prepare for this game without him like we have to prepare for it without Adam Lallana, or Daniel Sturridge.

link: http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10988680/jurgen-klopp-admits-philippe-coutinho-absence-is-a-blow-as-liverpool-prepare-for-hoffenheim

↡ Advertisement

Great comeback by Spurs after a disastrous start where they let I n 2 goals in the first 9mins. 2-2 away at Juventus is a good result esp as the Italians are well known for defensive solidity.

City as good as thru with a 4-0 win at Basel.

Tonite is Porto v Pool n the big one Real v PSG

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 5

Great comeback by Spurs after a disastrous start where they let I n 2 goals in the first 9mins. 2-2 away at Juventus is a good result esp as the Italians are well known for defensive solidity.

Tonite is Porto v Pool n the big one Real v PSG

Tonite is Porto v Pool n the big one Real v PSGð

Coys.

Defensively bad today. Aurier seems a poor buy so far.

Good to see dembele playing beast mode once again. Pirlo in spurs shirt machiam

Coys.

Defensively bad today. Aurier seems a poor buy so far.

Good to see dembele playing beast mode once again. Pirlo in spurs shirt machiam

imo Aurier has always been a risky buy, given his past disciplinary record in PSG... 

Buffoon to me is still solid ..

That pt blank save from Kane’s header..

Slow Loris also had a good game..

Son should have started instead of Lamb..His direct runs would have troubled the Juve defence..

• Praise 3

So Pool went one better than City with a resounding 5-0 win at Porto which is no mean feat n looks like at least 2 EPL clubs into the last 8 n with Spurs having the advantage with 2 away goals. Next week is Chelsea n United’s turn with the Blues having a tough task vs Barca.

• Praise 4

imo Aurier has always been a risky buy, given his past disciplinary record in PSG...

My observation is he is the weak link in ars defence.

Pool James Milner needs mentioning as he played well and had few assists, not to mention rattled the cross bar.

Firmino has shown he still can play flamboyant football without his fellow countryman. He is in the peak of his form!!

Mane kee siao form liao...

Now , Pool very interesting to watch due to the team peaking at the right time now..

Edited by Freeder
  • Praise 3

My observation is he is the weak link in ars defence.

Pool James Milner needs mentioning as he played well and had few assists, not to mention rattled the cross bar.

Firmino has shown he still can play flamboyant football without his fellow countryman. He is in the peak of his form!!

Aurrier is Spurs.

During the game, VVd is like traffic warden, pointing here and there and giving intrsuctions

• Praise 2

Aurrier is Spurs.

During the game, VVd is like traffic warden, pointing here and there and giving intrsuctions

Yes my bad. Spur player.

He made quite a few mistakes during pool game but was lucky enough not to get punished.

Given time, VVD should be made captain.

Aurrier is Spurs.

better to have a traffic warden than an unorganised defence.

Aurrier is Spurs.

Not so much traffic warden but more like conductor.

:D

orkestra-Music-conductor.jpg

• Praise 2

Chelsea carved out a respectable 1-1 home draw against Barca n they shld have won if not for the mistake by Christensen who made a loose pass across his own box which was picked up by Iniesta n finished off by Messi who scored his first ever goal against the Blues.

William hit both posts n was man of the match though as usual Barca had the majority possession which frankly counts for nothing if not enough chances are created.

All to play for but Barca definitely has the edge with the precious away goal.

Bayern thrashed Besiktas 5-0 to have one foot in the last 8!

• Praise 11

Chelsea carved out a respectable 1-1 home draw against Barca n they shld have won if not for the mistake by Christensen who made a loose pass across his own box which was picked up by Iniesta n finished off by Messi who scored his first ever goal against the Blues.

William hit both posts n was man of the match though as usual Barca had the majority possession which frankly counts for nothing if not enough chances are created.

good and respectable result against Barca. Chelsea still have a chance in the 2nd leg. 

• Praise 3

i think barc got 0 shots on target for all their procession,

the only goal come from a chelsea mistake.

a perfect def game expect 1 mistake, 1 goal for barc....... :dizzy:

actually 1 all is bad considering the play. i rather its 0 - 0 

now chelsea will be pressure to score at least 1.

• Praise 4

Unless Barca is over-confident, they should be able to overcome Chelsea at home leg. During mourinho's days, chelsea was an excellent bus parker, but not only is that in the past, Barca on their day should be able to find some chinks somewhere somehow.

Good luck to Chelsea though. Hope they stay in the race - so that they will be distracted from the premier league  [laugh]

• Praise 3

i think barc got 0 shots on target for all their procession,

the only goal come from a chelsea mistake.

a perfect def game expect 1 mistake, 1 goal for barc....... :dizzy:

actually 1 all is bad considering the play. i rather its 0 - 0

now chelsea will be pressure to score at least 1.

Yes for the home team a 0-0 score is better than 1-1 cos of the away goals rule.

Chelsea are a bogey team for Barca so they can upset the Catalans but it’s still a long shot but I hope to see 5 out of 5 EPL teams in the last 8!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3