UCL 17/18 : The European Elite Football Clubs

Maxus-MIFA9

Juventus made a good fight by pulling the overall tie level last night but a late injury time penalty by CR7(his 120th goal in UCL!) meant RM lost 1-3 on the night but progressed 4-3 overall. Goes to show 3 goal leads are not a sure thing in this stage of the competition. Buffon was sent off for dissent over the penalty n likely his last chance to win this competition though he seems to be like playing forever!

Bayern played out a goalless draw with Sevilla to advance so as mentioned yesterday, 1 rep each from big 4 Leagues in tmr’s Semi final draw.

This Ronaldo really has longevity. Last season after winning UCL, there was an interview on Zidane, who revealed how he managed game time for the ageing Ronaldo to ensure that he reserves his tank for the important matches only and not tire himself out, which was the case the season before.

Buffon of course has been around forever. Did he take over from Dino Zoff, the ah pek who played brilliantly even at WC? Looks like Italy really can produce good keepers who can play (at the highest level) till well beyond 'Eldershield years'  :XD:

Just a pity that among the 2 greats, one has to lose - and so 'cham' a way too...

Anyway, Real has now been beaten by Spurs and Juventus, but still progresses. I hope they get beaten a third time, and will not progress anymore.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Juventus played with fewer attackers than usual yet could scored 3 away goals. MC threw all available attackers...could managed only 1 at home.

A new empire has to wait...

hmm...

you know what, i hope it's not that City's strikers are useless, but rather a case that Pool's defence has matured and improved so much that even the best strike force will find it difficult to breach.  [laugh]

Of course, a not too flattering way to describe it is that Pool finally also learnt how to park bus properly and effectively - something that was never found in their textbook - but that's something that all great teams must know how to do when the need arises.

Park effectively, and couple it with the deep pressing and fast attacks - that would be a potent formula.

Not to jump on the bandwagon...

My sex sense tells me that next few years will be Pool era... [flowerface]

Agreed but limited to Salah stays and that MU big hair not in the squad...

This Ronaldo really has longevity. Last season after winning UCL, there was an interview on Zidane, who revealed how he managed game time for the ageing Ronaldo to ensure that he reserves his tank for the important matches only and not tire himself out, which was the case the season before.

yeah. I used to be a CR7 "disliker" but I have to say really gotta give it to him man ...... 

• Praise 1

Agreed but limited to Salah stays and that MU big hair not in the squad...

Also some well needed reinforcements especially in DF n MF dept ...

That Keita coming in shld strengthen them somewhat.

• Praise 4

yeah. I used to be a CR7 "disliker" but I have to say really gotta give it to him man ...... 

aiyah, this is natural lah, and it's just a fine line...

we dislike him cos he went to one particular club... 

and we read later that he almost join another particular club, which had he done so, we could have adored him.  [laugh]

Either that, or get a super medical teams and pray every week that all existing players stay fit. Can even afford to let Lucas go and Grujic go on loan as there was surplus early in the season, and suddenly now not enough legs...

[sweatdrop]

i think ronaldo is probably the best athlete that football has ever had.

His power, his speed, his skill, the way he strikes the ball.

If u take aside his necessary ego, ronaldo would have probably been the best player in the world in any of the outfield positions just based on his sheer general footballing ability.

Honestly, I would put him above messi.

Who the hell takes a deciding penalty like that in the 97th min. It's a rocket and shows absolute confidence in his own ability.

• Praise 5

That Keita coming in shld strengthen them somewhat.

Buy Drinkwater as he wants to leave Chelski as reported in DM..

With these 2 enforcers , Pool MF will be soild...

For DF , pls buy that Burnley guy , Tarkowski , damned solid player...

i think best is to play bayern. They have fallen at the semi or q final stages quite a few times over last few years. so hopefully have some hang up over that.

Roma over 2 legs, is the type that will sucker punch us haha.

Real is Real. Nobody wants to play them cos on their day, they will sweep u aside 3-4 goals easy peasy.

i think best is to play bayern. They have fallen at the semi or q final stages quite a few times over last few years. so hopefully have some hang up over that.

Roma over 2 legs, is the type that will sucker punch us haha.

Real is Real. Nobody wants to play them cos on their day, they will sweep u aside 3-4 goals easy peasy.

i see dzeko play.

i cannot understand why sold to roma so cheap.

and no other big club in epl bid for him 

i see dzeko play.

i always fancied dzeko. I wanted LFC to buy him when he left man city.

He may not give u 20 goals a season but 15-18 definitely is within his reach.

The only problem he faced was that aguero is just too bloody good to be displaced. And he's not a highly mobile player.

• Praise 1

i see dzeko play.

Chelsea bidded for him in the recent Winter window but it didn't work out and they bought Giroud instead. 

On a separate note, the 4 teams holding on to leads in tonite's UEL ironically come from the same big 4 Leagues as the UCL semi-finalists ie Arsenal, Ath Madrid, Lazio and RB Leipzig but their qualification is far from certain esp Leipzig who has only a 1-0 lead over Marseille.

• Praise 3

i think ronaldo is probably the best athlete that football has ever had.

His power, his speed, his skill, the way he strikes the ball.

If u take aside his necessary ego, ronaldo would have probably been the best player in the world in any of the outfield positions just based on his sheer general footballing ability.

Honestly, I would put him above messi.

Who the hell takes a deciding penalty like that in the 97th min. It's a rocket and shows absolute confidence in his own ability.

we better enjoy watching CR7 and Messi play while we still can... so far none of the younger players can match their standard yet...

Turbocharged

Tolong dun let real win already.

although i would say they are the favourite.

3 UCL TITLE  in a row........

i think no body want that

why so look down on pool? :yuush:  I meant let RM beat Juv which they did.. now lets draw them for the semis... roma is dangerous. and the germans too intel.. RM plays with their balls.. and that makes them beatable..

↡ Advertisement