COE Bidding – 2nd Round of August 2017

Carbon82

To all the experts : Need your advice

I intend to renew coe for my car that is due on 7 October. The PQP for Sep is $44081.  Is it best to renew in Sep instead of waiting for October (i.e. applying  Sep COE)?  At most I only lose one month of my old coe.  Sep PQP seems pretty good..

Many thanks

↡ Advertisement

Look at the way every month ppl bid for coe.. Thats why i always feel that Singapore will never have recession one...

I intend to renew coe for my car that is due on 7 October. The PQP for Sep is $44081. Is it best to renew in Sep instead of waiting for October (i.e. applying Sep COE)? At most I only lose one month of my old coe. Sep PQP seems pretty good..

Many thanks

Curious... Wat car yours and mileage?

Look at the way every month ppl bid for coe.. Thats why i always feel that Singapore will never have recession one...

Curious... Wat car yours and mileage?

HONDA CITY. 75,500 KM ONLY

I intend to renew coe for my car that is due on 7 October. The PQP for Sep is $44081. Is it best to renew in Sep instead of waiting for October (i.e. applying Sep COE)? At most I only lose one month of my old coe. Sep PQP seems pretty good..

Many thanks

Although the PQP for Sept is already known by now. U have to renew it in sept to order to pay $44081.

I will wait after the 2nd Sept biddings. If the PQP for Oct is higher than $44081. Than just renew before 1st of Oct. If PQP for Oct drop even lower. Just make sure renew after 1st oct but have to before 7 Oct.

Edited by Winningeleven

Many thanks

The key diff between Sept and Oct PQP hinge on the two Jun coes which are 42k and 45k respectively(Avg 43.5k). If the two coe bidding in Sept will to be lower than avg of 43.5k, then you will have some saving to gain in Oct, but if Sept avg will to be higher than 43.5k, then you will have to pay more for Oct PQP.

If you base on end Sept renewal, your early write off is only 7 days, you have little to lose

My own personal guess is you have not much to lose by renewing with sept PQP. COE is not going to drop significantly, so Oct PQP will not be significantly lower than 43.5k avg. If coe will to crash next month, then we all have more to worry about, especially our rice bowl.

Anyway for every 1k of avg fluctuation, the impact or benefit will only be $330 because it has to be divided by 3 ( 3 months moving avg), so no need to think so hard at current price.

Edited by Ct3833

Although the PQP for Sept is already known by now. U have to renew it in sept to order to pay $44081.

I will wait after the 2nd Sept biddings. If the PQP for Oct is higher than $44081. Than just renew before 1st of Oct. If PQP for Oct drop even lower. Just make sure renew after 1st oct but have to before 7 Oct.

Oh ok. Didn't know can wait for next month's Coe result. Thought can only use Sep pqp before the 2nd bidding of next month. Thanks

The key diff between Sept and Oct PQP hinge on the two Jun coes which are 42k and 45k respectively(Avg 43.5k). If the two coe bidding in Sept will to be lower than avg of 43.5k, then you will have some saving to gain in Oct, but if Sept avg will to be higher than 43.5k, then you will have to pay more for Oct PQP.

If you base on end Sept renewal, your early write off is only 7 days, you have little to lose

My own personal guess is you have not much to lose by renewing with sept PQP. COE is not going to drop significantly, so Oct PQP will not be significantly lower than 43.5k avg. If coe will to crash next month, then we all have more to worry about, especially our rice bowl.

Anyway for every 1k of avg fluctuation, the impact or benefit will only be $330 because it has to be divided by 3 ( 3 months moving avg), so no need to think so hard at current price.

Ct3833 - many thanks for your advice with detailed explanation. Btw, do you know if LTA will send me a notification to renew Coe?

• Praise 1

Oh ok. Didn't know can wait for next month's Coe result. Thought can only use Sep pqp before the 2nd bidding of next month. Thanks

Ct3833 - many thanks for your advice with detailed explanation. Btw, do you know if LTA will send me a notification to renew Coe?

Yes, LTA will send notification.

• Praise 1

Most welcome. Winningeleven has a good point too about waiting for outcome of Sept 1st bid.

Yes LTA will send you a reminder indicating the PQP price.

My SE say he will let me know later whether get or not..tat means they're thinking of giving me open cat coe right?

Why they didn't bid for you? What a waste.
  • Praise 1

My SE say he will let me know later whether get or not..tat means they're thinking of giving me open cat coe right?

if lta website doesn't ve ur name means they nv bid for u... n considering open cat

Who knows why they didn't bid haha..

Ya Lta wb dont have, tats why open cat also cross my mind..

AD 6 bid guarantee, just have to wait I guess

鬼看到新加坡人花钱买车都怕,all run away, how to drop! 

But frankly, after a so call Carnival, COE drop by 3.8k and 2.7k respectively  , it goes to show how weak the market is. Or how lousy the SPH Car-never was. 

CONGRAT to all who got their COEs. and CONGRATEs also to those who are going to book their car soon because next round car price will drop [:p]

That kind of mini motor show won't help to up sales a lot. Only 3 ADs join.

• Praise 1

鬼看到新加坡人花钱买车都怕,all run away, how to drop! 

But frankly, after a so call Carnival, COE drop by 3.8k and 2.7k respectively  , it goes to show how weak the market is. Or how lousy the SPH Car-never was. 

CONGRAT to all who got their COEs. and CONGRATEs also to those who are going to book their car soon because next round car price will drop [:p]

Even after motor show, the coe also never go up much lo.

↡ Advertisement