• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
31 replies to this topic | 111 praises

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:53 PM

Battledome64
  • Premium member
    Battledome64
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

For those guys who are getting new rides do you trade in your car or keep both?

1) as first owner kept it in tip top (always service with dealer)
2) dealers lowballig
3) FOMO,
4) low mileage
5) more painful financially in the long run
6) can use spare car for reservist

How about sentimental value?
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:03 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

If ppl think like you they will have a fleet of cars throughout their life time.

Some ppl will be very angry, say you hog so many coe to one driver.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:17 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Depends on what car lah. No head no tail.

MCFers will tell u whether it's a keeper or better to get lowballed

Edited by Soya, 18 August 2017 - 07:19 PM.

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:27 PM

Mahjong74
  • Premium member
    Mahjong74
    6th Gear
    Author Image

2) dealers lowballig
3) FOMO,
4) low mileage

Keep both. Follow garment standard. 1 for myself and 1 for wife

Attached Thumbnails

• koh.jpg

Doppel, Aaronlkl, Showster and Rustyz praised this

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:44 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I am surprised that such thing also requires 3rd party opinion.

Aventador, Showster and Blueray praised this
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:58 PM

Benarsenal
  • Benarsenal
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Keep both? Jin wu lui ah.  [laugh]

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:24 AM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Spare car for reservist? Now I've really seen it all.....
Ingenius and Benarsenal praised this

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:51 AM

nazerath
  • nazerath
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

You probably don't need the new car
Mercs, FourZero and Carbon82 praised this

Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:53 AM

CarsAndMe
  • Premium member
    CarsAndMe
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

It depends on individual. If you don't really use, the depreciation will definitely be higher than the amount lost via dealer's lowball. But then again depends on which decision is most comfortable to you.

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:03 AM

UncleAtas
  • Premium member
    UncleAtas
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Wah si beh elite. Reservist need different car? You every month got reservist? Else only using it twice per year?

I suggest you get another car for going market..

Refer to signature guidelines

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:14 AM

Showster
  • Premium member
    Showster
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Get a fiercer car after trading in.

Unless classic cars.

Cars parked in carpark for one whole year still depreciates minimum 8K per year. They are meant to be fully used once bought.

You can rent a limousine for a week or two when going reservist, should not cost this much.

Edited by Showster, 19 August 2017 - 08:16 AM.

"You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:30 AM

Philipkee
  • Philipkee
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I am surprised that such thing also requires 3rd party opinion.

Cos maybe MCFers are so rich they pay full cash for cars? What is the likelihood then that MCFers also have a fleet of cars? So maybe that's why he ask here.

Seriously though I would not recommend keeping the old car unless otherwise is classic car. Sentimental values to me is a bit overrated cos you can get new memories with your new car. Unless something like your son was born in that car kind of memory lah (born not conceived hor. Must make meaning doubly clear)...

Or if there is someone else who can use your car like maybe your kid who just passed the driving test or something.

Otherwise my two cents is don't keep.

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:29 AM

Battledome64
  • Premium member
    Battledome64
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

It's more for hygiene purposes. Avoid mud and fungus

Don't mean to sound like I am not using it. It's just like you go marketing buy fish, you would rather use your old car too right

Cos maybe MCFers are so rich they pay full cash for cars? What is the likelihood then that MCFers also have a fleet of cars? So maybe that's why he ask here.

Seriously though I would not recommend keeping the old car unless otherwise is classic car. Sentimental values to me is a bit overrated cos you can get new memories with your new car. Unless something like your son was born in that car kind of memory lah (born not conceived hor. Must make meaning doubly clear)...

Or if there is someone else who can use your car like maybe your kid who just passed the driving test or something.

Thanks for the tip.

Agreed with your comments that should only consider if it is classic car. Similar to iPhone you can trade in at singtel when you recontract but why would you keep it

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:50 AM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

It's more for hygiene purposes. Avoid mud and fungus

Don't mean to sound like I am not using it. It's just like you go marketing buy fish, you would rather use your old car too right
Thanks for the tip.

Agreed with your comments that should only consider if it is classic car. Similar to iPhone you can trade in at singtel when you recontract but why would you keep it

I understand but you're talking about different magnitudes of money involved...

Sometimes when I upgrade phone, I keep my old phone to use as spare phone in case phone spoiled. Singtel usually take in for only $100 which is not worth it when I know my phone is still in good condition.

Now you're talking about keeping a car that could be traded in for 10-20k... by the time scrap lost 5-10k of value....

I guess this is what you call a frog in a well, today you helped me climb out of my well  [laugh]

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:53 PM

Rustyz
  • Premium member
    Rustyz
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Too rich camp mate will borrow money

CO will tekkan if car better than his

or....the car plate too famous youtube star

haha?

If anyone can have it, I don't want it.

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:25 PM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

2) dealers lowballig
3) FOMO,
4) low mileage

Sounds like you certainly got spare cash and don't need the money.

One simple question: if the dealer had given you a better trade in value, would you have taken it up? or will still ask this same question?

If you're asking this to a large extent cos of #2 above, then you can try selling the car on your own. If it's a good car, then good chance got people might be willing to pay a more acceptable value. Then will solve your problem - plus helping the person too.

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:44 AM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Too rich camp mate will borrow money

CO will tekkan if car better than his

or....the car plate too famous youtube star

haha?

I LOLed at the bolded.

My CO (same profession, but he's a bit junior to me) and I are good friends. I drove my F430, then my AMG GT, he drove his Aston Martin DB9. We used to chat about cars all the time. :D

Now, unfortunately, he's left the SAF to take up a senior position in MOH.

Dunno the new CO, but I haven't yet been called back for ICT by the new bunch.

This place is not what it used to be. I'm glad for the friends I made here. But I'm moving on, just like Porker and some others I know. Cheers!

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:01 PM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I LOLed at the bolded.

My CO (same profession, but he's a bit junior to me) and I are good friends. I drove my F430, then my AMG GT, he drove his Aston Martin DB9. We used to chat about cars all the time. :D

Now, unfortunately, he's left the SAF to take up a senior position in MOH.

Dunno the new CO, but I haven't yet been called back for ICT by the new bunch.

Maybe he did tekan you. By calling you back more often to chat about cars.

Turboflat4 praised this
That is all.

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:12 PM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Maybe he did tekan you. By calling you back more often to chat about cars.

Haha i don't mind! :D
This place is not what it used to be. I'm glad for the friends I made here. But I'm moving on, just like Porker and some others I know. Cheers!

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:26 PM

Beehive3783
  • Premium member
    Beehive3783
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

My current car fetched both my children home from hospital after they were born.

Considered sentimental value or not? [laugh]

Philipkee praised this
Cheers
Ben

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: trade, keep, both, cars

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users