Trade in car or keep both cars

Battledome64

My current car fetched both my children home from hospital after they were born.

Considered sentimental value or not? [laugh]

Cos maybe MCFers are so rich they pay full cash for cars? What is the likelihood then that MCFers also have a fleet of cars? So maybe that's why he ask here.

Seriously though I would not recommend keeping the old car unless otherwise is classic car. Sentimental values to me is a bit overrated cos you can get new memories with your new car. Unless something like your son was born in that car kind of memory lah (born not conceived hor. Must make meaning doubly clear)...

Or if there is someone else who can use your car like maybe your kid who just passed the driving test or something.

Otherwise my two cents is don't keep.

• Praise 1

I LOLed at the bolded.

My CO (same profession, but he's a bit junior to me) and I are good friends. I drove my F430, then my AMG GT, he drove his Aston Martin DB9. We used to chat about cars all the time. :D

Now, unfortunately, he's left the SAF to take up a senior position in MOH.

Dunno the new CO, but I haven't yet been called back for ICT by the new bunch.

The new one ask u polish his toyota

The new one ask u polish his toyota

Haha. Maybe. :D

But seriously, medical side no such thing as tekan lah. For one thing we're all professional brethren and being a doctor is more important to most of us than being occifers (look at MASH, only Frank Burns (the jerk of the show) is more interested in being an occifer). For another, I'm such a lao jiao compared to even full colonel that they must still be respectful - since at some point they're gonna come back to civilian side and then guess who will be boss? [laugh]

For illustration, a RADM who was the big boss of that unit came back to gahmen service and became "only" an Associate Consultant, when yours truly was a Senior Consultant. LOL.

Edited by Turboflat4

But seriously, medical side no such thing as tekan lah. For one thing we're all professional brethren and being a doctor is more important to most of us than being occifers (look at MASH, only Frank Burns (the jerk of the show) is more interested in being an occifer). For another, I'm such a lao jiao compared to even full colonel that they must still be respectful - since at some point they're gonna come back to civilian side and then guess who will be boss? [laugh]

For illustration, a RADM who was the big boss of that unit came back to gahmen service and became "only" an Associate Consultant, when yours truly was a Senior Consultant. LOL.

Sir I salute u. Can help down pes. I use my mcf membership n ns50 voucher for waiver. Haha
  • Praise 2

Whats the difference?

Whats the difference?

one earns $$$

the other one earns $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

My current car fetched both my children home from hospital after they were born.

Considered sentimental value or not? [laugh]

Like that I need to hunt down the taxi which took me and my daughter home liao  [dizzy]

i own my current ride as first owner. sure it has sentimental value as this is the only ride so far that I drove for so long. Next year May 21st 2018, due for scrap. New cars so expensive and I cannot afford. Thinking if i shld trade in for another 7 year old ride or renew five years COE. In a fix now. Not sure.

i own my current ride as first owner. sure it has sentimental value as this is the only ride so far that I drove for so long. Next year May 21st 2018, due for scrap. New cars so expensive and I cannot afford. Thinking if i shld trade in for another 7 year old ride or renew five years COE. In a fix now. Not sure.

If it is still in good condition, just renew it for another 10 years.

What's your car?

you are not going to spend on new car, then your option should be to renew COE.

1. I assume your car is not the very high OMV car like those Merce or BMW. A typical Japanese car OMV would be about $10k or less. Add in COE , your depre is about 6.5k per year there about.

2. You drove your car for 10years, i believe you have done fairly good maintenence on it, you should not worry about major repair. The rest of wear and tear are run rate and predictable.

3. Buying a 7 years old car has more uncertainly in terms of quality and repair as compare to your own car , the depre of a used car will also be more expensive than renewing coe of your own car.

In summmary, renewing coe is a viable option for your situation.

good analysis. thk you so much

you are not going to spend on new car, then your option should be to renew COE.
1. I assume your car is not the very high OMV car like those Merce or BMW. A typical Japanese car OMV would be about $10k or less. Add in COE , your depre is about 6.5k per year there about.

2. You drove your car for 10years, i believe you have done fairly good maintenence on it, you should not worry about major repair. The rest of wear and tear are run rate and predictable.

3. Buying a 7 years old car has more uncertainly in terms of quality and repair as compare to your own car , the depre of a used car will also be more expensive than renewing coe of your own car.

In summmary, renewing coe is a viable option for your situation.

↡ Advertisement