SEA game 2017

Ender

Singapore government is not interested in sport. Look at the TV and newspapers, how much coverage on SEA, the ELP received more coverage. Look at our young lion, coached by ang moh, how much we paid him? Would he be able to turn our boys to even be close to Malaysian? The Malaysian team is coached by their own local and they played soccer, we didn't.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Singapore government is not interested in sport. Look at the TV and newspapers, how much coverage on SEA, the ELP received more coverage. Look at our young lion, coached by ang moh, how much we paid him? Would he be able to turn our boys to even be close to Malaysian? The Malaysian team is coached by their own local and they played soccer, we didn't.

do not be surprise if the Malaysian coach gets paid more than the Singapore ang moh coach.

it is already a fact that players in the Malaysian league are paid better than players in the sleague.

it is also quite well know that many local players in the sleague are just full time professional in name but actually semi-professional with sidelines such as drivers, delivery riders etc.

Below is a quote from FAS and it tells you how much we are spending as compared to the others. The worst part? I do not know how much of this funding is spent on administrative officers in the FAS rather than on the players, coaches.

"Although the $9.7 million we get annually makes us one of the highest-funded Singapore NSAs (National Sports Association), it unfortunately cannot compare to what our neighbours are getting For example: Indonesia gets $112 million annually; Vietnam $60 million; Thailand $52 million; and Malaysia $35 million."

Remember the recent saga regarding the marathoner who complained that employers/officers in the SNOC are better paid than the sportsman?

• Praise 1

i dont know, but i cannot image we compare our funding with Indonesia and Malaysia. i am quite sure they both have a bigger setup and overhead. as to how much the fund actually goes to the player, this is something FAS must disclose since they are using public fund. I am sad to see no major shake up of FAS after so many years. we are already at the bottom, nothing else can be worse to make real change. 

i dont know, but i cannot image we compare our funding with Indonesia and Malaysia. i am quite sure they both have a bigger setup and overhead. as to how much the fund actually goes to the player, this is something FAS must disclose since they are using public fund. I am sad to see no major shake up of FAS after so many years. we are already at the bottom, nothing else can be worse to make real change. 

They could always just shut it down instead of throwing good money after bad.

(edited)

This Quah family can swim. Don't know if the two sisters are sibling to the other male Quah who was in the last Olympics swimming?

Amazing is this Quah Jin Wen just won gold and broke national record in an earlier swimmjng event, and within the hour, won the relay with her team.

Edited by Ender

This Quah family can swim. Don't know if the two sisters are sibling to the other male Quah who was in the last Olympics swimming?

Amazing is this Quah Jin Wen just won gold and broke national record in an earlier swimmjng event, and within the hour, won the relay with her team.

Quah Ting Wen (Eldest)

Quah Zheng Wen

Quah Jing Wen

• Praise 1

three of them already make their name known in last SEA game liao, you didn't read papers?

three of them already make their name known in last SEA game liao, you didn't read papers?

I think a lot of people don't read the papers these days already.

I never read newspapers but online news also have mah. Give our own athletes some support.

Physical sports not my cup of tea (don't ask me why I am in this thread).

But I will support our e-sports teams  [laugh]

I never read newspapers but online news also have mah. Give our own athletes some support.

I get feeds from facebook and email. Hardly go and read newspapers online or hardcopies articles by articles. That's how I can keep updated with the SEA games.

Physical sports not my cup of tea (don't ask me why I am in this thread).

But I will support our e-sports teams [laugh]

You are in many threads.

Malaysian Supporters Spark Outrage For Chanting "Singapore Anjing" At SEA Games Match

Some Malaysian football fans have drawn criticism from netizens after a short clip of them singing and chanting an anthem containing the words "Singapore anjing (dog)" at the 2017 SEA Games went viral

http://says.com/my/sports/malaysian-supporters-chant-singapore-anjing-at-sea-games-football-match

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

do not be surprise if the Malaysian coach gets paid more than the Singapore ang moh coach.

it is already a fact that players in the Malaysian league are paid better than players in the sleague.

it is also quite well know that many local players in the sleague are just full time professional in name but actually semi-professional with sidelines such as drivers, delivery riders etc.

Below is a quote from FAS and it tells you how much we are spending as compared to the others. The worst part? I do not know how much of this funding is spent on administrative officers in the FAS rather than on the players, coaches.

"Although the $9.7 million we get annually makes us one of the highest-funded Singapore NSAs (National Sports Association), it unfortunately cannot compare to what our neighbours are getting For example: Indonesia gets $112 million annually; Vietnam $60 million; Thailand $52 million; and Malaysia $35 million."

Remember the recent saga regarding the marathoner who complained that employers/officers in the SNOC are better paid than the sportsman?

haha...i was told the last ceo sleague was paid 500k... ex-general

Quah Ting Wen (Eldest)

Quah Zheng Wen

Quah Jing Wen

quah and mok are both med students.

maybe 10 years ago you could still find med students being regional champs, but these days, balancing that workload with training and expect to win gold against amateurs today ... The amateurs already adopt high class training methods...

The who's of local running community I may know a little bit. Swimming don't follow, so I just post latest feed.

haha...i was told the last ceo sleague was paid 500k... ex-general

quah and mok are both med students.

maybe 10 years ago you could still find med students being regional champs, but these days, balancing that workload with training and expect to win gold against amateurs today ... The amateurs already adopt high class training methods...

Mok doctor liao. Now ortho surgeon in training. Time flies when he was a student.