Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance

Schell31

Those who want to get Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance can go Tyrepac.

Just bought 4 at $88 each, 195/65R15. Pricing quite good I find, got some discount.

Excluding fitting charge though.

Bro. What is your previous rubber and how does it compare in terms of noise, comfort and grip level? Edited by Earthboy
↡ Advertisement

Bro. What is your previous rubber and how does it compare in terms of noise, comfort and grip level?

Still running on GY EfficientGrip. Getting the EfficientGrip Performance coz it's quite cheap at Tyrepac.

I already find EfficientGrip very good in terms of noise and comfort. Grip is fine with me too.

Can't wait to try EfficientGrip Performance.

Any recent review on this tyre?

Intending to install it on SUV profile specs.

this is the only model that has RFT and comes in 285/40R20

Hypersonic

Grip and noise quite good but not very lasting.

Less than 30000km, wear down to the tyre depth safety bar liao.

• Praise 3

Grip and noise quite good but not very lasting.

Less than 30000km, wear down to the tyre depth safety bar liao.

Interested in this tyre too, as it come with ROF. Can you elaborate more about the poor thread wear? Could it be related to road conditions? Thanks.

I have tried 2 sets of Eagle F1 A2 on my previous ride, and both last me >50K Km (1st set ~52K km - changed off because of uneven wear which was due to wheel alignment issue, 2nd set ~60+K Km - till hitting wear indicator).

• Praise 5

Interested in this tyre too, as it come with ROF. Can you elaborate more about the poor thread wear? Could it be related to road conditions? Thanks.

I have tried 2 sets of Eagle F1 A2 on my previous ride, and both last me >50K Km (1st set ~52K km - changed off because of uneven wear which was due to wheel alignment issue, 2nd set ~60+K Km - till hitting wear indicator).

Hi bro, it's just normal road condition. I always used about the same route.

Other tyres I used can last about 40000km.

But I do find the tyres are quiet and grip also quite good. 

Can try la bro.  [:)]

• Praise 1

I had the Efficient Grip Performance (ROF) on my ride for ~3 weeks (2,000Km), and here are a quick review.

Noise: Low noise level as compared to my previous CPC2 Contiseal (when new) - 225/50R17

Firmness: Probably because of the reinforced side wall, the firmness is now just nice for my 1.8 tons MPV

Handling: No problem with hitting corner at high speed (can do 80Km/h on some slip road with sharper bend)

Braking Performance: Considering that this is more of a comfort than performance tyre, I would say that it offer very good braking performance both in Wet and dry condition

Weight and FC: I personally find the tyre marginally heavier than my previous CPC2, and same can be felt when moving off from standstill, but FC is largely the same so far.

• Praise 6

I had the Efficient Grip Performance (ROF) on my ride for ~3 weeks (2,000Km), and here are a quick review.

Noise: Low noise level as compared to my previous CPC2 Contiseal (when new) - 225/50R17

Firmness: Probably because of the reinforced side wall, the firmness is now just nice for my 1.8 tons MPV

Handling: No problem with hitting corner at high speed (can do 80Km/h on some slip road with sharper bend)

Braking Performance: Considering that this is more of a comfort than performance tyre, I would say that it offer very good braking performance both in Wet and dry condition

Weight and FC: I personally find the tyre marginally heavier than my previous CPC2, and same can be felt when moving off from standstill, but FC is largely the same so far.

my friend 3 series say he manage to get about 35k out of it nia (16')

but his orginal conti rft even worst, 25k all gone.

new tires are generally lower noise because no uneven surface and fresher compound 

Yes   it is truth that because runflat tire has a stiffer sidewall (but this is not what they indented for)

Stiffer sidewall will provide firmer handling when come to cornering and steering

NO comment (not driven on this tire

your new runflat tire is definitely heavier than you old worn tire (do remember yours is COntiseal so is heavier than normal tire) 

Bro, how much is this tyre?

Im also using the same size 225/50/17. Currently using Premacy 3

Already 40k km (bought it for S$175 nett per piece last year March)

Good and durable tyre for wet/dry road conditions.

Even at 40k km, it is still very quiet. maybe still can last another 10k km

Thks

Bro, how much is this tyre?

Im also using the same size 225/50/17. Currently using Premacy 3

Already 40k km (bought it for S$175 nett per piece last year March)

Good and durable tyre for wet/dry road conditions.

Even at 40k km, it is still very quiet. maybe still can last another 10k km

Thks

I got it at $220/pc (include installation). In comparison, GY F1A3 without ROF is retailing for ~$170/pc. Having used 2 - 3 set of F1A2 previously, the braking performance of EfficientGrip Performnace does surprised me, as I am seeing it as a grade lower than F1A3.

I will provide more review in due course. Let this how this tyre perform over a period of time.

• Praise 5