• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
577 replies to this topic | 3,863 praises

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:18 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Is it just me or is MCF really becoming quiet like a ghost town?

Where we used to have a few hundred viewers viewing a hot thread (max I have seen was 1000 at TDON thread), we now have less than 50, and that is also rare, mayb COE threads get that number on those closing days, I saw like 30 over at the exercise thread. 

Not only viewer rates is down, members participation rate is also down, where we used to have a few thousand posts recorded in a day,  I hardly see more than 500 posts recorded now. 

I remember if you post less than 50 in a day, you cannot even see yourself on the top 20 posters list, now 10 posts get you onto the list, and 50 usually make you the top poster of the day. 

Anyone knows what has happened or what is happening? Many ppl left? no new members? no interesting topics? replaced by technology? Or is MCF outdated? 

Any one notice anything? or doing anything about it? or we just let it carry on until no post no view and do an al lang syne?  :huh:  [laugh]  [laugh]

芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

with the spirit of the MCF tiko club..............We are................ TIKO RANGERS!!!

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:22 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

this has been discussed quite a few times on various platforms and by virtue of clubs getting togr on whatsapp and the other domains, forums themselves are dwindling

Even forums like bmwsg also have very little traffic now and all

and why is this thread even needed to be mentioned? 

on top of that, ppl realise how much life there is out there and thus no time.

you too free ah

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:24 PM

kobayashiGT

Ding Dong. I am still using MCF thou.  [bounce2]

But yes. we do realise that there is a drop in visitorship. We shall have a BRING-BACK-THE-GLORY-DAYS-OF-MCF-MOVEMENT.   [pirate]

Where we used to have a few hundred viewers viewing a hot thread (max I have seen was 1000 at TDON thread), we now have less than 50, and that is also rare, mayb COE threads get that number on those closing days, I saw like 30 over at the exercise thread. 

Not only viewer rates is down, members participation rate is also down, where we used to have a few thousand posts recorded in a day,  I hardly see more than 500 posts recorded now. 

I remember if you post less than 50 in a day, you cannot even see yourself on the top 20 posters list, now 10 posts get you onto the list, and 50 usually make you the top poster of the day. 

Anyone knows what has happened or what is happening? Many ppl left? no new members? no interesting topics? replaced by technology? Or is MCF outdated? 

Any one notice anything? or doing anything about it? or we just let it carry on until no post no view and do an al lang syne?  :huh:  [laugh]  [laugh]

Showster and Sadan praised this
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:24 PM

MTL
  • MTL
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Countrymen alrdy matured and dont think buy car is a need anymore so no come lor.It is a joy we matured.
Showster and Atonchia praised this

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:25 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

on top of that, you are now seeing artificial post of 

my 88888 post REGULARLY and posts that reek of narcissim.  I guess there is REALLY nothing to talk

I have stopped mergin threads now and honestly, if this place goes the HWZ way with people posting what they like, so be it.....I have done my part to TRY and maintain sanity here

I resign [laugh]

But yes. we do realise that there is a drop in visitorship. We shall have a BRING-BACK-THE-GLORY-DAYS-OF-MCF-MOVEMENT.   [pirate]

bring the gals back

Dleodleo and Pinobii praised this

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:28 PM

BabyBlade

We need a myCarForum Mobile App, not just mobile site.

Mobile site isn't user friendly enough.

I like my hair messy, my life high, and my soul wild.

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:29 PM

SuPerBoRed
  • Premium member
    SuPerBoRed
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

this has been discussed quite a few times on various platforms and by virtue of clubs getting togr on whatsapp and the other domains, forums themselves are dwindling

Even forums like bmwsg also have very little traffic now and all

and why is this thread even needed to be mentioned? 

on top of that, ppl realise how much life there is out there and thus no time.

you too free ah

who me?  [grin]

RadX and Atrecord praised this
Respect is earned.. does not come with your god damn title..

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:30 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

We need a myCarForum Mobile App, not just mobile site.

Mobile site isn't user friendly enough.

iu also say

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:31 PM

VellfireS
  • Premium member
    VellfireS
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Haizzz.... tell me about it... the time I decide to be active again.. damn quiet LOL

Miss the pre-2015 era..  very happening. Everyday got story one... 

The Great Melon TIKO Ranger since 2011

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:33 PM

SuPerBoRed
  • Premium member
    SuPerBoRed
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This is a free site... we have all made very good friends here...  banter.. time wasting...  gleaned info ... learned new things here and there

heck .. most of the time it is just funny becoz you begin to realize how seriously stupid some people are...   of cus .. thats a two way street...  

i dont know about the revenue sources of sgcm... but i do think that lower visitorship will not impact them much...  

gist of what i am saying?? dont know.. i lost track... hahaha

Respect is earned.. does not come with your god damn title..

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:35 PM

BabyBlade

Haizzz.... tell me about it... the time I decide to be active again.. damn quiet LOL

Miss the pre-2015 era..  very happening. Everyday got story one... 

I'm here. What story you want? Jiejie tell you.

Benarsenal praised this
I like my hair messy, my life high, and my soul wild.

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:37 PM

Dleodleo
  • Premium member
    Dleodleo
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

my 88888 post REGULARLY and posts that reek of narcissim.  I guess there is REALLY nothing to talk

I have stopped mergin threads now and honestly, if this place goes the HWZ way with people posting what they like, so be it.....I have done my part to TRY and maintain sanity here

I resign [laugh]

bring the gals back

Don't want lah.  Keep merging thread please.  You have been doing a good job so far.  [thumbsup]  Clap!  Clap!  Clap!

Aiyo!  I dun want MCF to become HWZ leh.   They have too many threads (many talk cock threads too [sleeping] [sleeping] ) and their threads move too fast. [laugh] [laugh]

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:43 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

we r going the way of the dinosaur. I'll be very sian when the music does stop.

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:48 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hmmmmmmm, so I guess I am not really alone, and its not just my wild thoughts?  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

with the spirit of the MCF tiko club..............We are................ TIKO RANGERS!!!

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:52 PM

Cauldron
  • Cauldron
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Forums will be going the way of BBS soon.

Just life cycles of the way people consume information.

Somehow, need to make it more appealing for fresh blood.

Showster praised this

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:53 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Forums will be going the way of BBS soon.

Just life cycles of the way people consume information.

Somehow, need to make it more appealing for fresh blood.

it's a matter of time lah

FB also going down that way so nothing stopping forums.

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:57 PM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I propose:

Post count 1000 gets $10 NTUC voucher

Praise point 10,000 get $100 NTUC voucher

:a-happy:

#notmypresident

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:57 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I propose:

Post count 1000 gets $10 NTUC voucher

Praise point 10,000 get $100 NTUC voucher

:a-happy:

TIAM lah [laugh]  [laugh]

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:58 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I resign [laugh]

bring the gals back

some topics are meant to be serious and some for the fun after a hard day's work. The thread was under lite & Ez, which I suppose is not such a serious place to be, if you had felt that was an incorrect thread, you could have locked it, you are empowered to do I so i guess. 

The reason I am bringing this topic up is because I am quite free now. Having seen some very active days comparing to now, I am just curious of the change and mayb some others may have some views as well, it is meant to be just a discussion. After all I dont think our views here really matters.

Since you brought up the issue on thread merging and that you have stopped doing so, is thread merging one of the reason? 

Why have to resign because of thread merging? Doesnt go very well which ever way i look at it. Cannot be because cannot merge thread you want to resign right?  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:59 PM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

And moderators cannot get any NTUC vouchers :D

Sorry Spring :D

TIAM lah [laugh]  [laugh]

Tianmo and Spring praised this
#notmypresident

Back to Feedback & Suggestions  ·  MCF Forum Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: why, mcf, quiet, days

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users