Why is MCF so quiet these days?

Tianmo

Is it just me or is MCF really becoming quiet like a ghost town?

Where we used to have a few hundred viewers viewing a hot thread (max I have seen was 1000 at TDON thread), we now have less than 50, and that is also rare, mayb COE threads get that number on those closing days, I saw like 30 over at the exercise thread. 

Not only viewer rates is down, members participation rate is also down, where we used to have a few thousand posts recorded in a day,  I hardly see more than 500 posts recorded now. 

I remember if you post less than 50 in a day, you cannot even see yourself on the top 20 posters list, now 10 posts get you onto the list, and 50 usually make you the top poster of the day. 

Anyone knows what has happened or what is happening? Many ppl left? no new members? no interesting topics? replaced by technology? Or is MCF outdated? 

Any one notice anything? or doing anything about it? or we just let it carry on until no post no view and do an al lang syne?  :huh:  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8

this has been discussed quite a few times on various platforms and by virtue of clubs getting togr on whatsapp and the other domains, forums themselves are dwindling

Even forums like bmwsg also have very little traffic now and all

and why is this thread even needed to be mentioned? 

on top of that, ppl realise how much life there is out there and thus no time.

you too free ah

• Praise 6

Internal Moderator

Ding Dong. I am still using MCF thou.  [bounce2]

But yes. we do realise that there is a drop in visitorship. We shall have a BRING-BACK-THE-GLORY-DAYS-OF-MCF-MOVEMENT.   [pirate]

Where we used to have a few hundred viewers viewing a hot thread (max I have seen was 1000 at TDON thread), we now have less than 50, and that is also rare, mayb COE threads get that number on those closing days, I saw like 30 over at the exercise thread. 

Not only viewer rates is down, members participation rate is also down, where we used to have a few thousand posts recorded in a day,  I hardly see more than 500 posts recorded now. 

I remember if you post less than 50 in a day, you cannot even see yourself on the top 20 posters list, now 10 posts get you onto the list, and 50 usually make you the top poster of the day. 

Anyone knows what has happened or what is happening? Many ppl left? no new members? no interesting topics? replaced by technology? Or is MCF outdated? 

Any one notice anything? or doing anything about it? or we just let it carry on until no post no view and do an al lang syne?  :huh:  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 2

Countrymen alrdy matured and dont think buy car is a need anymore so no come lor.It is a joy we matured.

• Praise 2

on top of that, you are now seeing artificial post of 

my 88888 post REGULARLY and posts that reek of narcissim.  I guess there is REALLY nothing to talk

I have stopped mergin threads now and honestly, if this place goes the HWZ way with people posting what they like, so be it.....I have done my part to TRY and maintain sanity here

I resign [laugh]

But yes. we do realise that there is a drop in visitorship. We shall have a BRING-BACK-THE-GLORY-DAYS-OF-MCF-MOVEMENT.   [pirate]

bring the gals back

• Praise 2

this has been discussed quite a few times on various platforms and by virtue of clubs getting togr on whatsapp and the other domains, forums themselves are dwindling

Even forums like bmwsg also have very little traffic now and all

and why is this thread even needed to be mentioned? 

on top of that, ppl realise how much life there is out there and thus no time.

you too free ah

who me?  [grin]

• Praise 2

We need a myCarForum Mobile App, not just mobile site.

Mobile site isn't user friendly enough.

iu also say

Haizzz.... tell me about it... the time I decide to be active again.. damn quiet LOL

Miss the pre-2015 era..  very happening. Everyday got story one... 

This is a free site... we have all made very good friends here...  banter.. time wasting...  gleaned info ... learned new things here and there

heck .. most of the time it is just funny becoz you begin to realize how seriously stupid some people are...   of cus .. thats a two way street...  

i dont know about the revenue sources of sgcm... but i do think that lower visitorship will not impact them much...  

gist of what i am saying?? dont know.. i lost track... hahaha

Internal Moderator

Haizzz.... tell me about it... the time I decide to be active again.. damn quiet LOL

Miss the pre-2015 era..  very happening. Everyday got story one... 

I'm here. What story you want? Jiejie tell you.

• Praise 1

on top of that, you are now seeing artificial post of 

my 88888 post REGULARLY and posts that reek of narcissim.  I guess there is REALLY nothing to talk

I have stopped mergin threads now and honestly, if this place goes the HWZ way with people posting what they like, so be it.....I have done my part to TRY and maintain sanity here

I resign [laugh]

bring the gals back

Don't want lah.  Keep merging thread please.  You have been doing a good job so far.  [thumbsup]  Clap!  Clap!  Clap!

Aiyo!  I dun want MCF to become HWZ leh.   They have too many threads (many talk cock threads too [sleeping] [sleeping] ) and their threads move too fast. [laugh] [laugh]

Hmmmmmmm, so I guess I am not really alone, and its not just my wild thoughts?  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Forums will be going the way of BBS soon.

Just life cycles of the way people consume information.

Somehow, need to make it more appealing for fresh blood.

• Praise 1

Forums will be going the way of BBS soon.

Just life cycles of the way people consume information.

Somehow, need to make it more appealing for fresh blood.

it's a matter of time lah

FB also going down that way so nothing stopping forums.

I propose:

Post count 1000 gets $10 NTUC voucher

Praise point 10,000 get $100 NTUC voucher

:a-happy:

I propose:

Post count 1000 gets $10 NTUC voucher

Praise point 10,000 get $100 NTUC voucher

:a-happy:

TIAM lah [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement