Why is MCF so quiet these days?

Tianmo

Well, good or bad then?

Do we WANT rubbish threads to thrive? hmmmm

it is good for serious car enthusiasts..

but no good for a public forum.

↡ Advertisement

[laugh]  [laugh]  same like NO Alcohol I resign

haaaaaaaaaaa

@turboflat4 say wan hahahaha

but as i mentioned and like others have too, forums are going the way of the dinosaur...sadly

KNN, play so big, NO alcohol resign sound like someone we had going ard shaking hands and last to arrive on National day.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

so it seem like some are suggesting that forums is sun setting, and  MCF may not escape that route.

Anyone  any ideas what is next? 

Sad if I have to sing al lang syne here.  [:/]

To attract more participation, first have to know what attract the bees. I suggest having a sub forum about women's interest, all discussions about fashion and beauty products only. Hopefully the ladies will join in, and it will spill over to the car and lite sub forums. Women nowadays are internet savy also. I volunteer to be the mod to protect them.from harassment . Lol. Another suggestion is to have a thread for ladies of age group 20s to 30s, 30s to 40s, 40s to 50s.

Yeah, bring the Flowerpod crowd here.

Please remember to have a folder "intimates" ...  [:p]

@pchou and I were chatting the other day and think it would be good to see how we can inject ideas to reignite even the hangout events participation.  

actually.. this one i got input... 

i feel...  if organize events... forumers  must try and support support a bit.. or else.. if always low sales after event...  the sponsors wont be willing to come back mah...

but...its impossible to buy a new car at every event... or pay over premium for non-value add (own perception)

It is definitely a challenge to organize a good ''sales'' turnout event... 

• Praise 2

actually.. this one i got input... 

i feel...  if organize events... forumers  must try and support support a bit.. or else.. if always low sales after event...  the sponsors wont be willing to come back mah...

but...its impossible to buy a new car at every event... or pay over premium for non-value add (own perception)

It is definitely a challenge to organize a good ''sales'' turnout event... 

totally agree bro and that is why you see the few of us are here all the time

To attract more participation, first have to know what attract the bees. I suggest having a sub forum about women's interest, all discussions about fashion and beauty products only. Hopefully the ladies will join in, and it will spill over to the car and lite sub forums. Women nowadays are internet savy also. I volunteer to be the mod to protect them.from harassment . Lol. Another suggestion is to have a thread for ladies of age group 20s to 30s, 30s to 40s, 40s to 50s.

you want to make the moderators no life? you think they very free meh?  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

I hate to say this, that i agree. But I much prefer a sane forum than edmw like.

I'm neutral towards a more liberal switch of moderating. Likely what will happen, is that the regulars will just stay inside that few threads anyway.

But i think generally the trend is away from us. So it's like swimming against a tide.

Edited by Lala81

yah everyday hv fight summore hahahahhaa

knn mod jin busy :XD:

sometimes got fight also not totally a bad thing mah.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

and if you allow me to be honest (without banning me), the dwindling position of this forum has a lot to do with Radx.

many people I know dislike him and has boycotted the forum.

Radx, I have nothing against you. This is only what I hear

sometimes got fight also not totally a bad thing mah.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

reckless driver thread can spot sporadic fights...   and TONS of self pwn...  [laugh]

and if you allow me to be honest (without banning me), the dwindling position of this forum has a lot to do with Radx.

if you bother to read... many people are of the stand that this forum not go the way of HWZ.. 

he is the moderator of SGCM.. there are others too.. i dont understand why he always draws flack for doing his job..  

to me.. its simple. follow rules set... buay song... dont use this forum. elementary 

• Praise 2

In life we cannot please everybody, and we should learn to deal with everybody.

I visit this forum often for the marketplace.

and also to see the analysis for the trend of coe and first hand car reviews

Edited by Streamchew
  • Praise 1

First of all, doing that.......you will mainly attract @Jamesc.....

Second, all the tiko rangers will start to appreciate fashion and beauty products..... :D

and suddenly i receive your TKR application form.   [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

not an issue bro

as a mod, have to do what i have to do....

it goes with the position.

Tks for your honesty.

• Praise 2

Getting serious for a minute, this is what I believe is lacking: road trips.

We're a car forum. There's no point having tame little meetups at BnB dealerships etc. and maybe the odd meetup at Spruce or whatever. Some might be interested, but the hardcore driving guys likely won't be.

The reason that single marque car clubs still work is that they use the social media aspects to assist in planning the real get togethers - which involve a lot of driving. Not just in Singapore (let's face it, too many revenue generation officers...er... "police" officers hidden on the bridges and in the bushes), but up North.

We used to do that sort of thing. I remember a very memorable Melaka trip. We also did the Sim Koa Yen durian farm on the return leg. It was organised by Steven (Opel), who really did a splendid job. I also got to meet Ocean and a few other really cool guys on that trip. These guys are not active on the talk cock sing song part of the forum, but I remember them nonetheless.

So that's the part that's worth keeping, in my opinion. The only potential snag: this forum is a little *too* diverse in terms of both the cars and the attitudes/tolerance of the owners toward speed. You might have some difficulty finding a comfortable convoy pace. But all these are minor kinks that can be worked out.

I guess I shouldn't talk so much unless I am willing to organise one myself. I'm not willing to commit myself to organising an expedition down to the smallest detail, although I'm quite happy to plan the driving route and lead or sweep - that's my forte. Eating places all that have to be worked out by others as I am a strict veggie and totally unfamiliar with what's good for omnivores up north. But I'm sure more extroverted people than me will rise to the challenge. I am just raising what I think might help rejuvenate this forum.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 9

you want to make the moderators no life? you think they very free meh? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I think you are qualified to be moderator for ladies sub forum, cos you eng and also everybody knows you are married. Lol.
  • Praise 1

not an issue bro

as a mod, have to do what i have to do....

it goes with the position.

Tks for your honesty.

1 thing I wish to be better is for this forum to have more car reviews

not those paid reviews but actual owners

Personally, boycotting a forum just because you don't like the mod is quite brainless.

Sure if u don't like many of the regulars in the forum. But seriously for one guy?

There's some regulars or ex-regulars i also don't really like but boycotting a place sounds a bit extreme for someone used to having discussions on internet.

This is not even including the massive number of trolls on other forums or social media.

Really would need to have a thin skin.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1