Why is MCF so quiet these days?

Tianmo

Ha...ha...that is really retro.... OK...who asked for good old kampong days? [smash][laugh]

OT a bit. I did check with various electricall shops. those cheap antenna costing 20/30 need to put near window for good reception. 50plus onward can put near feature wall. I almost trip and fell when hearing antenna need to put near window.

Turbocharged
(edited)

i guess the irritating thing for some is that people are talking about the same thing in multiple threads so it becomes confusing and repetitive...

Housekeeping I can understand but that is the point of merging with a 3 years old 24 page thread and reviving it?

I honestly think we should not merge new threads with anything more than a year old.

it does not help Housekeeping as you revive the old thread, it makes discussion confusing as people quote posts that are discussed years ago and it’s hard to find where the discussion starts. I have to flip back to look for the starting point and ignore the Super old posts.

Why make it harder for everyone?

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

I won't say the forum is quiet. Compare to hardware zone where you can literally lose track of your thread because the threads come on fast and furious (and make no sense sometimes).

So yeah its OK.

Perhaps a suggestion is that mods start new topics for discussion. Example. Laws regarding motorcycles and Lane splitting. Posts on this might end up under reckless drivers thread. So for me, since I know reckless drivers thread is usually on reckless drivers I won't go inside since probably nothing new. But a new thread on reckless motorcycles who Lane split might catch my eye and I go in and post.

I know the mods mean well then they merge threads but unless the threads are the same but words are different maybe it is best not to merge. Cos some people might just not see it especially if they were not quoted in a reply and the topic dies off.

But if it goes into a new thread, it is not likely the topic will die off so fast. Cos like in my example, motorcycle and Lane splitting, if it is put under reckless driver, maybe someone replied but did not quote my name. Three days later I go in I see the thread full of videos of road accidents I will think no one replied so I leave the thread. But if it was a separate thread, I will know that any post in that thread is a discussion of MY topic so I will more likely go inside to discuss.

Hope I make sense.

I agree with it. I mean why are the mods merging threads when it is not for Housekeeping. Merging with a super old thread does not reduces the number of threads for Housekeeping as you revive an ancient thread in place of the new one.

It just makes discussion so confusing as people start replying to posts from the ancient thread. Seriously, it just irritates people and deter people from posting.

I give feedback because I hope mcf will thrive so I can post my travel pics. Others will just get deterred and post less.

Edited by Wind30

When people mentioned flags, I can only associate with others hanging out panties and bras to dry. [:p]

Since when MCF so happening!? Ahhhhhhh must be the super-tall spoilers on top of some boots. Nice to air-dry.

This is car forum, not bike forum. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Ha ha ha.....unintentionally hurt someone's feeling  [laugh]

hahahahaha.... :XD:

I agree with it. I mean why are the mods merging threads when it is not for Housekeeping. Merging with a super old thread does not reduces the number of threads for Housekeeping as you revive an ancient thread in place of the new one.

It just makes discussion so confusing as people start replying to posts from the ancient thread. Seriously, it just irritates people and deter people from posting.

I give feedback because I hope mcf will thrive so I can post my travel pics. Others will just get deterred and post less.

Hee. I was about to say mods never merge the coe thread but let each month have its own thread. Hehe. :p

Hee. I was about to say mods never merge the coe thread but let each month have its own thread. Hehe. :p

you want?? cannnnnnnnnn :grin:

that is a perfect example of a JUDGEMENT CALL that we have to make.  that is a RECURRING theme discussed bi-monthly and easier for the eyes.  Bottomline ....... this is a CAR forum.  I believe you would be able(I hope) to know the reason/s why those are kept separate. 

Read between the lines on that to know what is actually the issue here.  

Turbocharged

Yes. and certain ppl cannot accept NO! and need to justify their stand. I have no time for that. Get to the cheese of the matter and move on. We HAve to make judgement calls and thus, we need to see what's in the interest of the larger community.

Putting a blackmail clause that they will not post, well, so be it. I am not here to please such individuals who, for self-centred reasons or otherwise, choose to see it only from their POV

Anything more than 2 replies, is considered a waste of time, especially when there are hard headed clowns who choose to see what they want to see.

MAny here with those self inflated egos that once pricked go into hyperdrive. So be it! Handling the truth is not one of their stronger traits

? I walked away from the other thread , how many posts did I make on that inequality thread?

I typed a post halfway in this feedback thread to continue the discussion here but I deleted it because I don’t think you will get it.

Someone else started exactly the same discussion as me here so don’t put it on me. Philips is not my clone account....

Read the arguments for what they are and believe everyone here wants Mcf to thrive. I believe that.

(edited)

I agreed with undertaker on not merging the coe thread. A separate coe bidding thread is good to encourage more forum traffic. Picture a newbies goggle coe and click on the MCF COE thread..with coe of 80plus k on first posting.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

TS is @Tianmo ..... his fault .... he AWOL

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 3

TS is @Tianmo ..... his fault .... he AWOLâ¼ï¸â¼ï¸ ðð..... thatâs why MCF quiet

tiko chairmen/ceo.

no one attend his durian session?

I agreed with undertaker on not merging the coe thread. A separate coe bidding thread is good to encourage more forum traffic. Picture a newbies goggle coe and click on the MCF COE thread..with coe of 80plus k on first posting.

With so many replies between yesterday 5.30pm and today morning coming in, who say MCF is quiet?

ppl believe what they want to believe....

Twincharged

Yes.  and certain ppl cannot accept NO! and need to justify their stand.  I have no time for that.  Get to the cheese of the matter and move on. We HAve to make judgement calls and thus, we need to see what's in the interest of the larger community. 

Putting a blackmail clause that they will not post, well, so be it.  I am not here to please such individuals who, for self-centred reasons or otherwise, choose to see it only from their POV

Anything more than 2 replies, is considered a waste of time, especially when there are hard headed clowns who choose to see what they want to see. 

MAny here with those self inflated egos that once pricked go into hyperdrive.  So be it!  Handling the truth is not one of their stronger traits

well, everyone has their opinion and always feel they are right even if they are wrong.

When it comes to my kids, I also defend their interest even if there is a hint of wrong. But when I go home, thats it, I will tell my kid why it was wrong.

But unless its super duper big mistake and clear as daylight its in the wrong, then will be like RadX say, have to kowtow and apologise liao... no point discuss how grey the black line is

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1