Why is MCF so quiet these days?

Tianmo

not an issue bro

as a mod, have to do what i have to do....

it goes with the position.

Tks for your honesty.

ah dailo... that said... u may want to scale back on your ''frankness'' ... remember my first few posts?  :XD:

we old school people... sure can take it...  ..  new gen strawberry cannot dont sayang one...  cannot be too direct one.. 

↡ Advertisement

ah dailo... that said... u may want to scale back on your ''frankness'' ... remember my first few posts?  :XD:

we old school people... sure can take it...  ..  new gen strawberry cannot dont sayang one...  cannot be too direct one.. 

muahahahahahaha...

'which  part of ....you do not understand' haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

clasic [thumbsup]

@pchou and I were chatting the other day and think it would be good to see how we can inject ideas to reignite even the hangout events participation.  

that is something very positive, but you will still need a high level of viewership and more members who frequent the forum to take note of the events. One example i think is the rice event on national day, the thread was up for 2 months and they almost didnt make the numbers.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

totally agree bro and that is why you see the few of us are here all the time

I think if I understand @superbored correctly, he meant supporting with the sales and not by attending the events alone. Which i agree with him. Of course it is a good first step to support by attending, but end of the day is SALES that counts. 

But heck, who can buy a new car every event?  :huh:  [laugh]

Correct me if I am wrong of your thoughts, @superbored. [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

that is something very positive, but you will still need a high level of viewership and more members who frequent the forum to take note of the events. One example i think is the rice event on national day, the thread was up for 2 months and they almost didnt make the numbers.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

the turnup for the VW event though was quite surprising.

One part, not the whole, is the departure of colorful characters like sabby, drift king, richmanson, agongwolf. As long they don't get personal like calling each other names, or curse family members, I think with them around, there'll  be more chatters

Then there's the departure of members who are knowledgeable and provide useful discussions, like genie47 on the CNG or some useful home hack with baking soda. Now I get my DIY interest for HWZ thread like the DIY aircon cleaning and electric toothbrushes.

But we still have our lively makan thread, reckless driver and exercise thread. 

• Praise 2

I think if I understand @superbored correctly, he meant supporting with the sales and not by attending the events alone. Which i agree with him. Of course it is a good first step to support by attending, but end of the day is SALES that counts. 

But heck, who can buy a new car every event?  :huh:  [laugh]

Correct me if I am wrong of your thoughts, @superbored. [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

of course, and at the end of the day. it's to see which is more discerning of our purchase. 

IF it is not us, could be someone that we know?

Going for the event does not just stop there, it can ripple down

I visit this forum often for the marketplace.

and also to see the analysis for the trend of coe and first hand car reviews

I know you are going to get bomb, so I am praising you to keep you here. 

This is a thread for discussion, so I welcome your input.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

reckless driver thread can spot sporadic fights...   and TONS of self pwn...  [laugh]

and thats when we suddenly realized how stupid ppl can be right? isnt it quite fun if you are not involve in the fight?   [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Personally, these are some possible reasons:

1. Familiarity of members over a looonnnggggg period of time that somehow one can even guess type of response until member oso no need say extra. Save gas.

2. Information moving very fast. No one forum can stay ahead most times or on time or in time. Time waits for no one and information is now it's shadow.

3. Our red dot too small for many exciting car models to land or too ex or just too "useless" to drive cos traffic lights too close and many.

4. We have matured. U will notice that children tend to yada yada more and grow increasingly less able to open mouth esp teenagers who rather WhatsApp a reply and "yes", "no" and "ok" to all questions. Anything requiring an essay, they go silent and stare moodily at the wall. U get the feeling they wishing the floor will swallow you there and then. Then matured liao, too busy making ends meet to surf forums as much. Older men got more time but can't be always be talking to themselves right?

5. Recharge or bring back old days? Quite a mountain. People changed. Habits and hobbies changed. Even wives or girlfriends changed. Oops.

Even if freebies and the like, will only be temporary.

If no active moderating, we definitely go the way of HWZ. Then it just lose some present membership and share membership of HWZ.

So how? True gold no scare fiery testing times. Easy mobile apps will draw more for sure. It's convenient. But contents and maturity of posts will still be the main fodder. Can't suit everyone. E.g. the young and trendy love k-pop and all. Likely half of the regulars will be sianz by half too.

Pictures of women in whatever state of undress are so easily available and not necessarily on our forum. Heck, I can't watch Youtube in peace without every few titles popping up X rated videos. I do not wonder that the young have much issues earlier on in life not faced by those in years gone by.

Sorry, no lightbulb ingenious method to help. Paiseh. Somemore write so long. *blurp* heavy lunch. Now proceeding to zzzzz mode soon.

It's a family here. New members must be intro. Then quarrel abit abit then become full pledged weather beaten member. In about 5 years.

Edited by PSP415
  • Praise 3

Getting serious for a minute, this is what I believe is lacking: road trips.

We're a car forum. There's no point having tame little meetups at BnB dealerships etc. and maybe the odd meetup at Spruce or whatever. Some might be interested, but the hardcore driving guys likely won't be.

The reason that single marque car clubs still work is that they use the social media aspects to assist in planning the real get togethers - which involve a lot of driving. Not just in Singapore (let's face it, too many revenue generation officers...er... "police" officers hidden on the bridges and in the bushes), but up North.

We used to do that sort of thing. I remember a very memorable Melaka trip. We also did the Sim Koa Yen durian farm on the return leg. It was organised by Steven (Opel), who really did a splendid job. I also got to meet Ocean and a few other really cool guys on that trip. These guys are not active on the talk cock sing song part of the forum, but I remember them nonetheless.

So that's the part that's worth keeping, in my opinion. The only potential snag: this forum is a little *too* diverse in terms of both the cars and the attitudes/tolerance of the owners toward speed. You might have some difficulty finding a comfortable convoy pace. But all these are minor kinks that can be worked out.

I guess I shouldn't talk so much unless I am willing to organise one myself. I'm not willing to commit myself to organising an expedition down to the smallest detail, although I'm quite happy to plan the driving route and lead or sweep - that's my forte. Eating places all that have to be worked out by others as I am a strict veggie and totally unfamiliar with what's good for omnivores up north. But I'm sure more extroverted people than me will rise to the challenge. I am just raising what I think might help rejuvenate this forum.

KNN, okok i get your reminder message.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

I think you are qualified to be moderator for ladies sub forum, cos you eng and also everybody knows you are married. Lol.

yah, and these 2 usually are the core of whatever going to happen. You are just pushing me into the fire!!!  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

I think if I understand superbored correctly, he meant supporting with the sales and not by attending the events alone. Which i agree with him. Of course it is a good first step to support by attending, but end of the day is SALES that counts. 

But heck, who can buy a new car every event?    

Correct me if I am wrong of your thoughts, superbored. 

personally.. i will attend if i hv genuine interest in car make.. or the event topic itself...  i feel guilty going for free stuff...  so... next MCF event will attend when you organize..   [:p]

• Praise 2

i see a lot of ahpek sitting around coffeeshop table doing nothing and drinking beer at 10am in the morning.

Maybe MCF will be my version of that table hehe  [laugh]

• Praise 1

the turnup for the VW event though was quite surprising.

I dont monitor the turn ups at events, but seem to me most turn ups at events were usually quite a size. The VW event probably had the same number as the Hyundai event, but the Hyundai event had test drives so many were out in the cars, whereas the VW event everyone was confine inside.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement