Why is MCF so quiet these days?

Tianmo

personally.. i will attend if i hv genuine interest in car make.. or the event topic itself...  i feel guilty going for free stuff...  so... next MCF event will attend when you organize..   [:p]

my MU not official MCF event hor, no free food free drinks one [:p] 

But thank you so much for the support!!! [thumbsup]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Maybe we can try not merging threads, because new threads can repeat the same things that were said before. The newbies may not want to read through the entire long old thread. It is alright as repeating stuff that were said before is also considered as interacting with new comers.

Edited by Ingenius
  • Praise 3

Maybe we can try not merging threads, because new threads can repeat the same things that were said before. The newbies may not want to read through the entire long old thread. It is alright as repeating stuff that were said is also considered as participation and activities mah.

social experiement

ok let's try that...hahaha

i see a lot of ahpek sitting around coffeeshop table doing nothing and drinking beer at 10am in the morning.

Maybe MCF will be my version of that table hehe  [laugh]

wah mai lah.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

but at the rate I am seeing the viewership and participate rate, you may not have a chance. It may go before you even have a chance to sit down.  [:p]

wah mai lah. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

but at the rate I am seeing the viewership and participate rate, you may not have a chance. It may go before you even have a chance to sit down. [:p]

Tm when is the durian drive event ? Follow by massage.

Maybe we can try not merging threads, because new threads can repeat the same things that were said before. The newbies may not want to read through the entire long old thread. It is alright as repeating stuff that were said before is also considered as interacting with new comers.

oh since you touch on merging threads, I do agree on merging the threads if two threads of the same topic were started very close to each other, like mayb in the same day or next day, It serve no purpose to have 2 or more threads running parallel to each other, but to dig up a buried thread afew years back just to carry on there, it sound quite silly to me.

May I suggest that,  any thread not active for more than 3 years be lock and new threads can start, at least we have threads that are current and ppl can discuss the topic at hand, not going back to some history.  And of course the locked thread sld be make visible so that ppl can still read them for some past  information. 

@Radx can disagree, but dont say resign because of my input hor, wait you resign they ask me take over you I die lah.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Want people come just factory install the forum into all computers selling here,like an app.This you have to talk to bro Bill.......eh....har?......ok ,my psychiatrist ask me go back room.Till next time.......

Tm when is the durian drive event ? Follow by massage.

KNN, I thought it was quietly forgotten.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

yup agree......and that is why i have been laxing a little to see what needs to be liberated and have not been merging too much

threads with previous history where ppl dun bother to search will still get canned...period

Times are bad. Some can't even afford to keep their car. The car is becoming more expensive dan before. When coe cost is low many ppl come in to talk about cars....and TKSS. Now got what VES approaching mass market car buyers will be mostly affected, many just cannot afford. Those who can will buy a car by year end. Those who can't will renew coe or give up altogether. Where got mood to come here to talk cars?

It's tough with our pockets constantly being assaulted by you know who. Sian 1/2. MCF maybe can change name.

• Praise 2

Times are bad. Some can't even afford to keep their car. The car is becoming more expensive dan before. When coe cost is low many ppl come in to talk about cars....and TKSS. Now got what VES approaching mass market car buyers will be mostly affected, many just cannot afford. Those who can will buy a car by year end. Those who can't will renew coe or give up altogether. Where got mood to come here to talk cars?

It's tough with our pockets constantly being assaulted by you know who. Sian 1/2. MCF maybe can change name.

not to mention, Uber/Grab will reduce youngsters fascination with cars. To most, eventually it will just become like public transport.

In fact, if u don't have a kid, most couples don't really want to get a car that strongly. 

By then, it's no longer an interest. More closer to a need than a want.

yup agree......and that is why i have been laxing a little to see what needs to be liberated and have not been merging too much

threads with previous history where ppl dun bother to search will still get canned...period

Yah, I think thats fair enough. There can never be a right solution, but we hope to get the best solution, and see what goes from there.

since we are on the topic, there is something I would like to bring up, which is the banning of new members. Although I know it is for the policing of the forum, personally I feel that a warning may be a better option than a direct ban of new members, everyone deserve a 2nd chance after all. Having a different opinion doesnt deserve to be ban, otherwise everyone sings the same tone, what discussion is there to be.

The other thought is, if every new member gets ban before they can grow, soon there will only be old man left here.  i dont moderate this place, so I am in no position to ask too much, less ppl think I am too free, but I speak from my own observations, which mayb wrong.

Anyway, my thoughts as usual is, everywhere needs new blood, without new blood nothing can move. As much as we old guys dont take it too well, it is still a fact like iron, at some point in time the old guys will have to step aside for new ones to take over, such rule never change.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Yah, I think thats fair enough. There can never be a right solution, but we hope to get the best solution, and see what goes from there.

since we are on the topic, there is something I would like to bring up, which is the banning of new members. Although I know it is for the policing of the forum, personally I feel that a warning may be a better option than a direct ban of new members, everyone deserve a 2nd chance after all. Having a different opinion doesnt deserve to be ban, otherwise everyone sings the same tone, what discussion is there to be.

The other thought is, if every new member gets ban before they can grow, soon there will only be old man left here. i dont moderate this place, so I am in no position to ask too much, less ppl think I am too free, but I speak from my own observations, which mayb wrong.

Anyway, my thoughts as usual is, everywhere needs new blood, without new blood nothing can move. As much as we old guys dont take it too well, it is still a fact like iron, at some point in time the old guys will have to step aside for new ones to take over, such rule never change. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Most of banned 1st posts are bots

Internal Moderator

Woah. I myself is dairy farm supporter leh. hahhaa. My house no NTUC leh. 

Might as well i do jackpot programme inside here. haha. Sure win jackpot! Huat arh!

I propose:

Post count 1000 gets $10 NTUC voucher

Praise point 10,000 get $100 NTUC voucher

:a-happy:

I agree that we need new blood for the forum! For those who are reading our forum, please join in and share with us your thoughts too! Don't just read, it is fun when you contribute! 

The other thought is, if every new member gets ban before they can grow, soon there will only be old man left here.  i dont moderate this place, so I am in no position to ask too much, less ppl think I am too free, but I speak from my own observations, which mayb wrong.

Anyway, my thoughts as usual is, everywhere needs new blood, without new blood nothing can move. As much as we old guys dont take it too well, it is still a fact like iron, at some point in time the old guys will have to step aside for new ones to take over, such rule never change.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

not to mention, Uber/Grab will reduce youngsters fascination with cars. To most, eventually it will just become like public transport.

In fact, if u don't have a kid, most couples don't really want to get a car that strongly. 

By then, it's no longer an interest. More closer to a need than a want.

I agree. When cars become a tool for livelihood the interest in cars will just dwindle. Yeah. Getting a car is no longer a priority for most. Getting around is really easy now. Ppl can even choose to cycle rather dan walk.

Edited by Watwheels

I agree. When cars become a tool for livelihood the interest in cars will just dwindle. Yeah. Getting a car is no longer a priority for most. Getting around is really easy now. Ppl can even choose to cycle rather dan walk.

PMD like ninebot and uniwheels rock
↡ Advertisement