Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic | 5 praises

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:46 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Tried searching "sea games" and "sea" cannot find the Sea Games 2017 thread. Search function broken ? Last week tried searching something else also cannot find anything, but browse page by page to slowly find, it's there.

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:57 PM

Laserjet
  • Laserjet
    Administrator

Working fine for me.

Does your's look like the below?

Capture.PNG

Refer to signature guidelines
Works in progress...

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:28 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

OK, now if I search "sea" I get the same results as yours. But if I search "sea games" then I get the below.

Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 6.24.57 PM.png

Just now this was also the result for me with "sea".

Working fine for me.

Does your's look like the below?

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

Edited by Roadrunner2029, 21 August 2017 - 06:28 PM.

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:28 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

mobile version also fine.

20170821_182531.png
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:08 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I have the same issue as Roadrunner2029, keying "sea" and "sea games" into the search bar returns different results. Sea games 2017 only appears if key in "sea".  If key in "sea games", the earliest thread is the locked "sea games 2015". 

But key in "sea game" can get the "sea game 2017" thread, the different is with the "s" in the word game"s".  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by Tianmo, 21 August 2017 - 10:12 PM.

芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

with the spirit of the MCF tiko club..............We are................ TIKO RANGERS!!!

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:35 AM

7hm
  • Premium member
    7hm
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

I always found the search quite unreliable actually, rarely hits on what you might be looking for sometimes, even if you give more keywords or details

And it don't seem to search very old stuff either

Carbon82 praised this
Driving car, not funny, bid for car with COE, ERP, road tax, PARF until you want to barf

Dabbler in digital graphics, computer assembly, tech and photography.
「さぁ、今、手を伸ばして 」

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:40 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Haha, "sea game" !

But I swear I search "sea" the first time also cannot find the 2017, only 2015. After admin searched, then I can find. Not sure.

A few weeks ago want to look for roast duck recommendation, searched for long time cannot find, "roast duck", "roast", "duck" but that was on mobile phone.

I have the same issue as Roadrunner2029, keying "sea" and "sea games" into the search bar returns different results. Sea games 2017 only appears if key in "sea".  If key in "sea games", the earliest thread is the locked "sea games 2015". 

But key in "sea game" can get the "sea game 2017" thread, the different is with the "s" in the word game"s".  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Posted 05 September 2017 - 02:26 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

As a suggestion, it's quite hard to search for things like the recommendations in the makan thread after 1-2 days.

Wonder if there's a function to show all the photos-only in the thread, then when click into photo, can see the post ? I think blog sites have this kind of function.

Now, if I search roast duck, it shows me topics with "roast duck". If I use "advanced search" it will show me one of the many posts that has "roast duck".

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:04 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

It's funny, that sometimes I use google search tag with "mycarforum" as one of the keyword, I get more reliable search results.

Attached Thumbnails

• Google MCF.JPG

"You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with." - Jim Rohn

Back to Feedback & Suggestions  ·  MCF Forum Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: search, rosak, topic, function and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users