Guess the Cars

Carbon82

Hmm looks like old VW Golf. Don't know which generation though.

I looked back at the first three generations of Golf. None of them look like this.
↡ Advertisement

Haven't logged in for a long time and was surprised to see notifications that'd I'd been tagged.

I remember this thread on A1M forums of course. Numberman was the one posting most of the quiz cars. 

I believe toeknee is correct - it's a G60 Golf though in this case it is called the Rallye Golf of 1989

RallyeGolf.jpg

Edited by Hotnyh

Try this-

0BUvqh7.jpg

Clue: Not sold outside Europe in this form but it went on to form the basis of another car, the successor of which is available here now but under a different badge. 

One variant it became was this

FYdyCtC.jpg

I owned and drove this for 5 years as a student. Worth trying to guess too. Not sure if Sam remembers this car as I think I shared it before.

Edited by Hotnyh

Haven't logged in for a long time and was surprised to see notifications that'd I'd been tagged.

I remember this thread on A1M forums of course. Numberman was the one posting most of the quiz cars. 

I believe toeknee is correct - it's a G60 Golf though in this case it is called the Rallye Golf of 1989

RallyeGolf.jpg

Hi hotnyh, so nice to see you here. Yes, this is the 2nd gen Golf!

BTW, the mystery car you posted on tinypic.com is not working. Try posting on on imgur.com/upload instead. Look forward to your participation. [:)]

• Praise 5

(edited)

try this one

1200px-ZAZ_Tavria_1102_1991_%28940895058

OK, let me real the answer.  The one shown here should be Lada Tavria, which has a slightly different face (grill) from the original ZAZ Tavria.

Lada Tavria

15627d49885cb716bce5ef257180bbfc.jpg

ZAZ Tavria

zaz-tavria-1102-1990-3d-model-max-obj-3d

BTW, the rear look like this, again, different from Samara.

zaz-tavria-1102-1990-3d-model-max-obj-3d

lada-samara-13-02.jpg

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 6

OK, let me real the answer.  The one shown here should be Lada Tavria, which has a slightly different face (grill) from the original ZAZ Tavria.

Lada Tavria

ZAZ Tavria

BTW, the rear look like this, again, different from Samara.

Well done. Here's your reward.

AMDL!!!

Try this-

0BUvqh7.jpg

Clue: Not sold outside Europe in this form but it went on to form the basis of another car, the successor of which is available here now but under a different badge. 

One variant it became was this

FYdyCtC.jpg

I owned and drove this for 5 years as a student. Worth trying to guess too. Not sure if Sam remembers this car as I think I shared it before.

1st car, either an Audi 50 or VW Polo, 2nd one - actually dunno. But since you say its a variant of the 1st car then I guess its the Polo Saloon?

Edited by Toeknee_33

Yes indeed, the silver car is the Audi 50.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_50

The car below is the old 2 door sedan version of the VW Polo c. 1986
I had the more powerful version. There was a 1.05L version with 45hp and the 1.3L with a stonking 55hp hahaha. 

The front of the car looked like this

VOLKSWAGENPolo3Doors-1427_1.jpg

Edited by Hotnyh
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Van is the 1968 Mk 1 Mazda Bongo!

1920px-Mazda-BONGO-1st-generation01.jpg

You are damn fast and good! Yes, the old Bongo. The small ventilation grill (behind the number plate) will pop open whenever the engine start up. Cool features to me, as a kid that time.  [:p]

Seat Exeo

autowp.ru_seat_exeo_35.jpeg

autowp.ru_seat_exeo_9.jpegautowp.ru_seat_exeo_2.jpegseat_exeo_2.jpegautowp.ru_seat_exeo_4.jpeg

Anyone has memories for this van? Use to see alot during the late 80s to mid 90s especially near wet market area.

Yes! [nod] I even know the earlier version, dated to early 70s...

Yours is the 80s model already.  ^_^

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 6

I must say that I did not know the Seat Exeo. I found out the answer after Googling various VAG cars as it clearly look like it has Audi/ VW DNA but brother beehive had already identified it  a couple of minutes before me!

That looks like an old Nissan Sunny panel van to me!

Edited by Hotnyh
  • Praise 1