Samsung Note 8

Stratovarius

Did you use the

'Samsung Cloud Drive'?

I think it came with free use when registering the S7 Edge. Under 'My Files', it shows that my Samsung Cloud Drive has

10.83/15.00 GB

but when i clicked it, it shows 'No files'

Dunno what the heck this is leh.

I vaguely remember some time back, there was some prompt to ask me if i want to upgrade something, which I declined. Could it be because of that, that now the cloud is not accessible?

[sweatdrop]

not sure I have Samsung cloud, you need to check what was backup in their cloud and does it include whatsapp. Google email, calendar etc will always maintain in the Google account, no need for backup, android apps also saved with your Google account, other than that I have nothing much to backup.

I backup my whatsapp in Google drive daily.

post-1109-0-97099400-1511780947_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

wah ... yesterday my sis wanted to go and sign the Note 8 at Singtel Tampines ... but when we got there at 4 pm and she got her que number, the staff there told her " average waiting time is 5 hours".

and guess what ? she received a sms that still got 7 ppl in front of her at 9pm !!

but we were already at home.

wah ... yesterday my sis wanted to go and sign the Note 8 at Singtel Tampines ... but when we got there at 4 pm and she got her que number, the staff there told her " average waiting time is 5 hours".

and guess what ? she received a sms that still got 7 ppl in front of her at 9pm !!

but we were already at home.

why not buy online? or any other exclusive dealer?

I am using the Sandisk duo portable storage. It comes micro usb and usb. I used the usb adaptor that came with my S8+.

My S8+ also came with Samsung cloud and it backs up everything automatically. All my photos were backed up. Wana delete, got to delete twice. Once in phone and one in cloud. So I turned off the automatic backup.

• Praise 1

got some CIS promo that needed to buy in person.

No need. That's what my wife did 2 weeks ago... paper and 1688 said must go personally. But we did online. Got the phone liao... some more no early recontract penalty... unlike what the shop said...

I am using the Sandisk duo portable storage. It comes micro usb and usb. I used the usb adaptor that came with my S8+.

My S8+ also came with Samsung cloud and it backs up everything automatically. All my photos were backed up. Wana delete, got to delete twice. Once in phone and one in cloud. So I turned off the automatic backup.

Oh, that means the Samsung cloud is used to back up the photos/videos that already exist in another folder in either the phone or the SD card, and not used to be the only storage for some photos/videos?

If like that, then i dun care liao. Am just worried got certain photos/videos were only stored in the cloud and nowhere else, and now cannot be accessed...

No need. That's what my wife did 2 weeks ago... paper and 1688 said must go personally. But we did online. Got the phone liao... some more no early recontract penalty... unlike what the shop said...

anyway, we went down again last week and she recon her line for the Note8 under CIS and got a pair of stupid BT full headphones !

why didn't ST just give her the qi charger instead ... 

anyway, we went down again last week and she recon her line for the Note8 under CIS and got a pair of stupid BT full headphones !

the headphone worth $200+ 'market value' while the wireless charge only about $100.

but then there are tons of the headphones selling around $100+ in carousel [laugh]

Edited by Jman888

the headphone worth $200+ 'market value' while the wireless charge only about $100.

but then there are tons of the headphones selling around $100+ in carousel [laugh]

I tried them .... very heavy ... not very portable.

The BT headphones i dunno how good. we haven't opened them too...

as for the wireless fast charger, we actually went to buy it... and felt conned. The 'fast' simply means faster than previous super-slow wireless charger. It is no where near as fast as the wired-charging, and is about twice that needed for the wired-fast-charging...  [bigcry]

No big loss there...

The BT headphones i dunno how good. we haven't opened them too...

as for the wireless fast charger, we actually went to buy it... and felt conned. The 'fast' simply means faster than previous super-slow wireless charger. It is no where near as fast as the wired-charging, and is about twice that needed for the wired-fast-charging...  [bigcry]

No big loss there...

i also haven't open the headphone, thinking of giving away to someone as x'mas gift  [laugh]

i bought the wireless fast charging pad for half the price (BNIB) from carousell, you need to turn on the fast charging mode on the phone, the charge is quite fast but can feel the heat.

Note 8 I tried yesterday at a mall. Very smooth and responsive. Good device.

But i have problem with playing plants vs zombies leh...

i haven't migrated my sim card over, but brought the N8 along on our vacation to take photos and play games. I feel that for some unexplained reasons, i often (about 30% of the time) cannot select/choose the plant that I want to use. Most strange cos now screen/plant is bigger (means more surface area to touch), but when i touched the parts, they were not selected... Ended up used the stylus to try it, and while it was ok initially, later on also got some misses...

still trying to verify is it my fingers or the sensitivity of the screen that's the problem leh...

Any other N8 users encounter such issue?

i also haven't open the headphone, thinking of giving away to someone as x'mas gift  [laugh]

i bought the wireless fast charging pad for half the price (BNIB) from carousell, you need to turn on the fast charging mode on the phone, the charge is quite fast but can feel the heat.

Hey that's not a bad idea... but spoil the market if give the headphone this year, then future years also expect pricey gifts... then i siao liao  [sweatdrop]

How to turn on fast charge? I used it to charge my S7 edge and also the N8 leh, both of which when using the fast charging cable, will fast-charge automatically one mah... Is there any other setting to set?

I did a rough comparison, using the cable took about 1.5 hr. Using the wireless charger needed 2 hr 50 min...

But tried i think 3 times only, then i went away holiday so last 2-3 wk never tried again.

I got my N8 on the launch date in sept... so excited but after using it for 3 mths, the only problem I am still facing is the internet reception isn't as strong, for example while u are on the line the 4G immediate drop your H+ and can't access any web page not even google... My old note 5 no such problem..

When down Samsung service center to check and the manager done a check on their own N8 and its the same problem too, I did sent it in to reboot the whole phone and lost all my details in the phone but end up still the same, am not going in service center again since nothing they can do for me, at the moment just adjust to the new changes and hoping Samsung do know of such problem and came out with a new software update that can cure..

Beside this the phone is superb, I love this phone and the camera that not even note 5 can match..

↡ Advertisement