Samsung Note 8

Stratovarius

My friend who waited the N8 for months decided not to get it.

He find it too expensive and batteries only have a lifespan of 2 years. Not worth it.

But I wondered how long his N4 is going to last.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

My friend who waited the N8 for months decided not to get it.

He find it too expensive and batteries only have a lifespan of 2 years. Not worth it.

But I wondered how long his N4 is going to last.

From past experience, Samsung and other android phones price drop quite alot after few months..

S8+ launch at ~$1.1k and now $900+ can get from Ah Beng shop liao.. think more worth to wait a few months after launch as 1st batch normally more problem and price will also drop..

N4 using external batteries right? If yes no issue, alot of OEM batteries around and selling cheap also as old model liao need clear stock

I just don't quite understand, why someone as rich as the Samsung heir, still need to commit bribery to gain more wealth ?  He must have billions waiting for him already, what is some millions more ?

From past experience, Samsung and other android phones price drop quite alot after few months..

S8+ launch at ~$1.1k and now $900+ can get from Ah Beng shop liao.. think more worth to wait a few months after launch as 1st batch normally more problem and price will also drop..

N4 using external batteries right? If yes no issue, alot of OEM batteries around and selling cheap also as old model liao need clear stock

I just don't quite understand, why someone as rich as the Samsung heir, still need to commit bribery to gain more wealth ?  He must have billions waiting for him already, what is some millions more ?

The chaebols mostly did it so that the govt don't make trouble for them. Either launch investigations or start penalising them for all kinds of things that they practice.

It's not really to gain more wealth, their businesses are already very vast. Sorta more like preventive maintenance  [:p]

• Praise 2

if they dont bribe ... Samsung would not be the Samsung today

no doubt chaebol control the economy but they also scare of "politician"

K-drama and K-movies had shown us how dirty the "guanxi" between govt/politician and chaebol

seriously, no money no talk ....

I just don't quite understand, why someone as rich as the Samsung heir, still need to commit bribery to gain more wealth ? He must have billions waiting for him already, what is some millions more ?

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

N4 using external batteries right? If yes no issue, alot of OEM batteries around and selling cheap also as old model liao need clear stock ð¤£

My N4 28 months old, replace original battery 2 months ago. Otherwise the phone is working with no problem and i dont find missing out any wow features. Will use until it biodegrades to save the earth or unless when i feel like replacing it one day.
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

Buy from ah beng shop of course cheaper. But many people prefers to buy for a peace of mind from tel co shops. And there isn't many ah beng around these days.  :XD:

Actually what I am trying to point out to my friend about the N4 is the software issue. I doubt Samsung will provide Andriod Oreo support  for older phones from N4 and S5 generation onwards. How to update the apps and use the phone without Andriod O?

Can always install custom rom. I rmb I had one custom rom for my note 4 that made the software the same as the Note 7. Only difference is the performance and the iris scanner. Previously was on another custom rom that made it like the Note 5.

Look I ain't got a mobile phone, never had one.

But are these minor upgrades really worth ditching an older phone just to have the latest.

Seems to me phone manufacturers are pulling the wool over the eyes of people who have too much disposable income, and even those of us who don't.

Emporer's new clothes etc etc.

Edited by Neutrino

uh... how have you survived w/o a mobile? i dont think my boss would have hired me.

It depends on the company, boss and job scope.

I have one colleague who also don't have a handphone at all.

It depends on the company, boss and job scope.

I have one colleague who also don't have a handphone at all.

what job scope? 

if/when i stop working, i will get rid of my phone and be a hermit lol

what job scope? 

if/when i stop working, i will get rid of my phone and be a hermit lol

Jobs like data entry, back office ,etc, if you are talking about executive jobs.

Not having a mobile phone is so living under a rock. A phone is more than just for work, its also for entertainment, knowledge, interaction, photo taking, time management, navigation ... pls add on.

Edited by Ingenius
  • Praise 2

The real point of my post wasn't that I don't have a mobile but the frequent upgrades and the rush to get the latest is just the phone manufacturers playing on our desire to have the latest even though the latest costs a mega amount and is little improvement on what we currently have.

navigation ... pls add on.

You need a phone to navigate around Singapore???

Many years ago when I started driving up to Malaysia, KL, Malacca, Kuantan etc I didn't even use a map.

The real point of my post wasn't that I don't have a mobile but the frequent upgrades and the rush to get the latest is just the phone manufacturers playing on our desire to have the latest even though the latest costs a mega amount and is little improvement on what we currently have.

I think this change for newest model is so obviously a WANT. I don't think anyone in this thread dispute that.

So no need to preach to us lah.

We are well aware that we can get a cheap china android phone and do the same things duuuh  [:p]

I am willing to pay for the camera technology. Regular phone surfing or watching youtube is unlikely to change.

Many years ago when I started driving up to Malaysia, KL, Malacca, Kuantan etc I didn't even use a map.

Understand your point of view. 

I do try not to change handphones for every new iteration of a new model. Many handphones can really last for at least 3 generations of the OS, for example: Android K, L and M. My current SONY Xperia Z5 premium lasted from Android L onwards and now Android N. Phone still can use. I don't change handphones very frequently unless it really spoils.

But some apps are really troublesome. They won't work if there is no new OS in the phone.  :a-bang:

Actually with recontract and trade in, is not so expensive leh. Some people spend on drinking, some audio equipment, car nodding, shoes and what not. Yolo. Edited by Ingenius
↡ Advertisement