Samsung Note 8

Stratovarius

LOL... yeah.....some need help with focusing so either get glasses or lasik done.

Must admit mine only get's triggered when they are of certain minimum sizes... :D

You already have those. Came free as a pair, mounted strategically and easily covered. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

M1 give the lowest running cost esp if you use multiple line. SH give higher rebate.

For the same kind if plan , m1 give u 100$

voucher ... SH give 300$ . Both end up abt the same i guess...

so much voucher?

I was with ST 2 years -> SH for 2 years. No complaints but never saw a single voucher. But just the base price plan.

Myself is on SIM only plan since i left SH 1 year ago. Bo voucher leh...

M1 at least everytime recontract, my wife has $100 voucher. She's on the basic plan with CIS.

so much voucher?

I was with ST 2 years -> SH for 2 years. No complaints but never saw a single voucher. But just the base price plan.

M1 at least everytime recontract, my wife has $100 voucher. She's on the basic plan with CIS.

SH gave it for online purchase when reconstract. They dont send via smail
  • Praise 3

Just tried the note 8 in the shop. Have to say the s8+ is more comfortable to operate with one hand. Note 8 isn't as nice to hold.

Thanks for the first hand feedback. Didn't know the note 8 display set is out liao.

Thanks for the first hand feedback. Didn't know the note 8 display set is out liao.

I do use my phone one handed at times. The note 8 size is just beyond the limits of fitting my hand properly. Whereas the s8+ still feels right though it's definitely bigger than my s6 with case.

I think it's now either s8+ or I wait for s9+ also to become 6 gb ram and change to the newer camera...

I do use my phone one handed at times. The note 8 size is just beyond the limits of fitting my hand properly. Whereas the s8+ still feels right though it's definitely bigger than my s6 with case.

I think it's now either s8+ or I wait for s9+ also to become 6 gb ram and change to the newer camera...

Actually I feel the S8 sits nicely between a large screen and feels nice in the palm.  However, I used my Mrs' S8 and I don't like the hidden virtual home\app\back keys, have to swipe the bottom upwards to reveal them, and sometimes have to do it few times.  I much prefer the physical home button and the dedicated app\back virtual key of my S7.  I also use my phone one handed when driving which of cos is a bad habit. 

Iirc you can set your virtual home/app/back keys to be permanently non-hidden. Think that will partially solve your disdain for that feature. :D

I am holding onto my S7 edge skipping the S8/note 8 to wait for the S9... Another half year or so... Not too long away :D  

Actually I feel the S8 sits nicely between a large screen and feels nice in the palm.  However, I used my Mrs' S8 and I don't like the hidden virtual home\app\back keys, have to swipe the bottom upwards to reveal them, and sometimes have to do it few times.  I much prefer the physical home button and the dedicated app\back virtual key of my S7.  I also use my phone one handed when driving which of cos is a bad habit. 

I am holding onto my S7 edge skipping the S8/note 8 to wait for the S9... Another half year or so... Not too long away :D  

The S and Note series are now ridiculously expensive. I'll wait one year, see how much they drop, and then get it then. [:p]

• Praise 1

The S and Note series are now ridiculously expensive. I'll wait one year, see how much they drop, and then get it then. [:p]

Uh. Why so desperate for a samsung phone?

For the price you'll be paying 1 year later, you can get a top end phone from another brand today.

• Praise 3

Uh. Why so desperate for a samsung phone?

For the price you'll be paying 1 year later, you can get a top end phone from another brand today.

wanted to say the same thing [laugh]

but this is called brand loyalty :D

Iirc you can set your virtual home/app/back keys to be permanently non-hidden. Think that will partially solve your disdain for that feature. :D

That's important. Cos that's one of the things i really hated for my sony. 

• Praise 1

Nope, for me is not about brand loyalty.

I am hooked onto the functionalities essentially.

1) IP68 for my sweaty runs/gym sessions, kid's meal time horror show.

2) I am using Samsung pay (which is accepted at all counters that accepts Visa Pay wave or Mastercard Paypass) for my microtransactions. I kept most of my CC in a card holder in my car all the time these days since I only need to bring my phone.

3) On top of that, with NFC -enabled SIM card,, I leave my EZ-link card in the car as well.

So long as the phone has the above functions and don't blow up in my butt/face/home, I am ok with any alternative brands as long as they have decent built quality, camera, weight and pocket-ability. :D

wanted to say the same thing [laugh]

but this is called brand loyalty :D

Usually I will wait for about 3 months for the price to drop to a sane level and pay full cash for it at the mobile phone shop in Far East. I can do without the launch gimmick freebies.

2) I am using Samsung pay (which is accepted at all counters that accepts Visa Pay wave or Mastercard Paypass) for my microtransactions. I kept most of my CC in a card holder in my car all the time these days since I only need to bring my phone.

3) On top of that, with NFC -enabled SIM card,, I leave my EZ-link card in the car as well.

So long as the phone has the above functions and don't blow up in my butt/face/home, I am ok with any alternative brands as long as they have decent built quality, camera, weight and pocket-ability. :D

Usually I will wait for about 3 months for the price to drop to a sane level and pay full cash for it at the mobile phone shop in Far East. I can do without the launch gimmick freebies.

I think most top end phones have the function you mentioned....  Except for samsung pay of course - but you can just use android pay for that.

U can have it unhidden and permanently there. Thatz what I do for my S8+. Never got used to it hidden so I have it turned on.

I havent activated my Samsung Pay on my S8+ yet. My wife ask me to do it cos we going Korea next month and can use it there. She has hers activated on her S8. 

Can Samsung Pay be used in Korea? Like that no need bring too much cash there.

↡ Advertisement