• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
75 replies to this topic | 327 praises

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:20 AM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

is it common practice for car agents to cover up the car camera during servicing and oil change? 

What's there to hide, unless they have something to hide - eg. mishandling of car, driving recklessly within the premise, certain parts never change or check, mechanics taking a nap in the car with air con turned on, taking the car out to buy lunch etc.

Attached Thumbnails

• AA3.jpg

Edited by Vinceng, 25 August 2017 - 09:22 AM.

Tianmo, Dleodleo and Blueray praised this

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:25 AM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

2 items.

1. Sometimes people get upset that the car appt is 8am. But the car is only started to perform servicing at 4pm and handed to you at 5pm.

2. Car sometimes record awkward moments. Like people lean on your car or radio turn on or to a worst extend, mechanic sleeping in your car.

So yes, they will unplug or cover the camera to avoid being on Stomp and loose their job.

Dleodleo praised this

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:25 AM

Nzy
  • Premium member
    Nzy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

is it common practice for car agents to cover up the car camera during servicing and oil change? 

What's there to hide, unless they have something to hide - eg. mishandling of car, driving recklessly within the premise, certain parts never change or check, mechanics taking a nap in the car with air con turned on, taking the car out to buy lunch etc.

Ya. Quite common. Almost all the workshops I go to do that. Some even ask to just remove the camera before they start the servicing.

Dleodleo praised this

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:42 AM

Chucky2007
  • Premium member
    Chucky2007
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I think it's ok. Imagine your customer goes to your office with a permanently on recorder.. you have nothing to hide but still feel uncomfortable right
Philipkee and Jellandross praised this
有❤️就好👌
多做少说,多听👂少讲
做人吃点亏,莫占人便宜

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:58 AM

SuPerBoRed
  • Premium member
    SuPerBoRed
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i went for a recall...  the mechanic did not protect my bonnet properly... my car got scratches... at the side...

*ps i very anal about car cleaniness.. so i know... 

they covered my camera.. and said the in-house security cam never capture anything...    

guess who paid?

Respect is earned.. does not come with your god damn title..

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:12 AM

Mcf777
  • Mcf777
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

once, i told off the ws owner. the person took my car for test-drive after servicing, did not slow down upon reaching the hump.

The washing pail in my boot, topple off. I went to review the in-cam video, then i realised how they drive recklessly.

I went Wearnes, they didnt cover/off the camera.

Even ws i went to, they didnt cover/off it

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:16 AM

ALTK
  • Premium member
    ALTK
    5th Gear
    Author Image

i went for a recall... the mechanic did not protect my bonnet properly... my car got scratches... at the side...

*ps i very anal about car cleaniness.. so i know...

they covered my camera.. and said the in-house security cam never capture anything...

guess who paid?

Wa...what car? I think if they denied u also LL unless u spotted it on the spot upon collecting back the car maybe got chance.

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:16 AM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

even PML switches off....makes me wonder if they hiding sth

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:22 AM

SuPerBoRed
  • Premium member
    SuPerBoRed
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Wa...what car? I think if they denied u also LL unless u spotted it on the spot upon collecting back the car maybe got chance.

yup thats true.. thats why i didnt say which AD mah... 

Respect is earned.. does not come with your god damn title..

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:23 AM

Stratovarius
  • Premium member
    Stratovarius
    6th Gear
    Author Image

If I'm the boss of the workshop, I will tell you is to prevent unnecessary draining of your battery.

F355 praised this

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:24 AM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

even PML switches off....makes me wonder if they hiding sth

Because they know that they can't handle the truth .....  :XD: 

Vratenza praised this

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:29 AM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

My AD wkshop also turn off the cam

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:43 AM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

My previous and current AD do not do that.

Previous - Komoco

Current - PA

I review the footages after servicings and nothing weird happened. The usual stuff, servicing, test drive ard leng kee and then washing and parked.

BTW, I have six cameras on three independent power source. :XD:

ricleosg, Dleodleo and Engineoil123 praised this

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:31 PM

mercymercy
  • Premium member
    mercymercy
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Previous - Komoco

Current - PA

I review the footages after servicings and nothing weird happened. The usual stuff, servicing, test drive ard leng kee and then washing and parked.

Where you installed your cameras? front back left right under upper? 

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:35 PM

ricleosg
  • Premium member
    ricleosg
    4th Gear
    Author Image

wow 6 cameras

front back. left right, what are the other 2?

Previous - Komoco

Current - PA

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:39 PM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

wow 6 cameras

Underneath the car seat facing up  [sly]

That is all.

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:59 PM

TangoElite
  • TangoElite
    Supercharged
    Author Image

wow 6 cameras

maybe he driving the google street view mapping car?

[:p]  [:p]

Edited by TangoElite, 25 August 2017 - 01:59 PM.

RadX, Carbon82, Tianmo and Pocy praised this
"If someone wants to help they have to change from doubter to believer" Jurgen Klopp, 9 Oct 2015

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:04 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

maybe he driving the google street view mapping car?

[:p]  [:p]

tiagong he got drone active track him too...for aerial shot wherever he go

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:10 PM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Where you installed your cameras? front back left right under upper? 

Self installed.

2 front

2 back

1 left

1 right

2 front, independent power source.

I think they see liao, better not touch. 

Now finger itchy again, looking at the new blackvue DR750s in-car camera. Comes with new sony sensor and 60fps recording!!! :wub:

Vid, Beregond and RH1667 praised this

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:12 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Self installed.

2 front

2 back

1 left

1 right

2 front, independent power source.

I think they see liao, better not touch. 

Now finger itchy again, looking at the new blackvue DR750s in-car camera. Comes with new sony sensor and 60fps recording!!! :wub:

yah man...that one looks gd

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: mitsubishi, c&c, cycle & carriage and 5 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users