Agent Cover Up Car Cam During Servicing

Vinceng

is it common practice for car agents to cover up the car camera during servicing and oil change? 

What's there to hide, unless they have something to hide - eg. mishandling of car, driving recklessly within the premise, certain parts never change or check, mechanics taking a nap in the car with air con turned on, taking the car out to buy lunch etc.

post-27974-0-10161700-1503624135_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vinceng
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

2 items.

1. Sometimes people get upset that the car appt is 8am. But the car is only started to perform servicing at 4pm and handed to you at 5pm.

2. Car sometimes record awkward moments. Like people lean on your car or radio turn on or to a worst extend, mechanic sleeping in your car.

So yes, they will unplug or cover the camera to avoid being on Stomp and loose their job.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

is it common practice for car agents to cover up the car camera during servicing and oil change? 

What's there to hide, unless they have something to hide - eg. mishandling of car, driving recklessly within the premise, certain parts never change or check, mechanics taking a nap in the car with air con turned on, taking the car out to buy lunch etc.

Ya. Quite common. Almost all the workshops I go to do that. Some even ask to just remove the camera before they start the servicing.

• Praise 1

I think it's ok. Imagine your customer goes to your office with a permanently on recorder.. you have nothing to hide but still feel uncomfortable right

• Praise 2

i went for a recall...  the mechanic did not protect my bonnet properly... my car got scratches... at the side...

*ps i very anal about car cleaniness.. so i know... 

they covered my camera.. and said the in-house security cam never capture anything...    

guess who paid?

Turbocharged

once, i told off the ws owner. the person took my car for test-drive after servicing, did not slow down upon reaching the hump.

The washing pail in my boot, topple off. I went to review the in-cam video, then i realised how they drive recklessly.

I went Wearnes, they didnt cover/off the camera.

Even ws i went to, they didnt cover/off it

Turbocharged

i went for a recall... the mechanic did not protect my bonnet properly... my car got scratches... at the side...

*ps i very anal about car cleaniness.. so i know...

they covered my camera.. and said the in-house security cam never capture anything...

guess who paid?

Wa...what car? I think if they denied u also LL unless u spotted it on the spot upon collecting back the car maybe got chance.

Wa...what car? I think if they denied u also LL unless u spotted it on the spot upon collecting back the car maybe got chance.

yup thats true.. thats why i didnt say which AD mah... 

If I'm the boss of the workshop, I will tell you is to prevent unnecessary draining of your battery.

• Praise 1

My previous and current AD do not do that.

Previous - Komoco

Current - PA

I review the footages after servicings and nothing weird happened. The usual stuff, servicing, test drive ard leng kee and then washing and parked.

BTW, I have six cameras on three independent power source. :XD:

• Praise 3

Previous - Komoco

Current - PA

I review the footages after servicings and nothing weird happened. The usual stuff, servicing, test drive ard leng kee and then washing and parked.

Where you installed your cameras? front back left right under upper? 

• Praise 1

wow 6 cameras

front back. left right, what are the other 2?

Previous - Komoco

Current - PA

• Praise 1

wow 6 cameras

front back. left right, what are the other 2?

maybe he driving the google street view mapping car?

[:p]  [:p]

Edited by TangoElite
  • Praise 4

maybe he driving the google street view mapping car?

[:p]  [:p]

tiagong he got drone active track him too...for aerial shot wherever he go

↡ Advertisement