2017 Apple iPhone 8 & iPhone X

RadX

Supersonic

Highly doubt Apple will go into the folding phone tech. But hey I'm no analyst.

It's just that Apple has always gone for the simplistic, hassle-free design.

And nothing says simple like a candy-bar phone.

Folding your phone is just ugly and too much of a gimmick that will probably bore consumers after awhile.

I know I'll probably look at it and be like, "hah, cool", and carry on with my life.

I pray that Apple won't go there. A fold-able phone is just unnecessary for an everyday use.

Maybe apple wants to go back to last time era when flip phone is popular.

↡ Advertisement

Maybe apple wants to go back to last time era when flip phone is popular.

At least the flip was pretty cool... That suave moment after a phone call and just closing it, gotta admit that was frickin' awesome. 

Imagine doing the same with a fold-able display...  :mellow:

Supersonic

At least the flip was pretty cool... That suave moment after a phone call and just closing it, gotta admit that was frickin' awesome. 

Imagine doing the same with a fold-able display...  :mellow:

Flip phone indeed cool, last time such phone was so popular and everyone seems using a flip phone. Lol.

Supersonic

Highly doubt Apple will go into the folding phone tech. But hey I'm no analyst.

It's just that Apple has always gone for the simplistic, hassle-free design.

And nothing says simple like a candy-bar phone.

Folding your phone is just ugly and too much of a gimmick that will probably bore consumers after awhile.

I know I'll probably look at it and be like, "hah, cool", and carry on with my life.

I pray that Apple won't go there. A fold-able phone is just unnecessary for an everyday use.

Bigger screens has always been a drawing point for today's handphones.

Apple did not want to follow the crowd of producing big screen phones, like Android. They wanted their phones to remain small and easy to hold.

However in the end, they can't fight off such market demands and go for bigger screens from iPhone 6 onwards.

So let this be a first mover trend for Apple. Samsung has been delaying the launch of a foldable phone. Probably Apple can be the first to introduce this new age phone in the coming years.

Even Nokia is looking into making foldable phones. It might be the future.

Hypersonic

I also like to flip Iphone :grin:

Not your kind of flipping la bro.

This one is flipping literally. 

Supersonic

I wont be surprise if Samsung launch it before apple  :D

Last time samsung had many flip phones, so foldable phone should not be a problem to them?!

(edited)

old news liao ... samsung has been pitching flexible screen and foldable phone

but yet to deliver any product to the market

Last time samsung had many flip phones, so foldable phone should not be a problem to them?!

Edited by Wt_know

Flip phone basically no diff from normal phone except it has a hinge to close the body and screen up. 

The future foldable phone , the screen will be the difficult part. To make it foldable and yet not visible and yet touch screen enabled. Thickness of phone also a key factor to consider. 

3 yrs ago , Samg already show case flexible screen . I guess foldable not too far off. 

• Praise 2

Anyone facing problem to sync their iPhone after using IOS 11.3? 

Syncing of phone stuck / hang after back-up, photos from laptop not transfer to phone. 

• Praise 1

If I may post this here.

Singtel has this promo where you can buy an Apple watch at $200 discount off any model as long as you re-contract (existing line) or subscribe to a new post-paid line, with purchase of at least an iPhone 8, iPhone 8+ or iPhone X.

Cheers!

If I have a recontract discount of 150. Do I still get the 200 off for the watch?

https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-news-ios-113-reportedly-bricked-iphone-8-models-which-had-third-party-screen-repairs

IMG_9615.jpg

The recent iOS 11.3 update brings new features such as battery health and the option to disable performance throttling, but it has also killed touch functionality in the iPhone 8 models which are repaired by third party vendors. Prior to the iOS 11.3 update, many repair shops were able to replace iPhone 8 screens with no issue.

Vice reports that this has caused a Georgian-based retailer and repair shop over 2,000 reshipments. Its customers are annoyed that their devices are not registering any touch input. Michael Oberdick, who is the owner and operator of iPhone repair shop iOutlet, believes a small microchip powering every iPhone screen is the cause of the problem. Whenever the screen is replaced, the microchip must be upgraded as well.

To fix this problem, third party repair shops have to re-open the phone and upgrade the chip. However, this is just a short term solution as it is impossible to predict if or when Apple will do something in a software update that will brick iPhones repaired by third party vendors.

The iPhone X also suffers from a similar problem; the ambient light sensor will stop functioning if the screen is replaced by a third party even if it is an official part. 

“The iPhone X front camera...is paired to the [logic board]. If it’s transferred, the Face ID feature will not work,” Oberdick told me. “Apple will be the only person who can actually replace the front camera to allow face ID to work.”

If you recall, a similar issue occurred two years ago with the iPhone 6 models which had their Touch ID buttons replaced by a third party vendor. Users could not access their phones after updating to iOS 9.

As the struggle between Apple and third party repair vendors continues, customer are at the losing end as they have to contend with ridiculous repair fees from Apple if the iPhones are out of warranty or not covered under AppleCare+. 

Source: Vice via 9to5Mac

• Praise 6