Is washing, cleaning and detailing cars an exercise?

DACH

Does washing cars considered an exercise?

You tend to burn cardio by the repetitive movements of your arms, stretching of your waists and your back, because these places tends to get sore and tired after a throughout car washing, polishing and waxing, vacumming and carrying full pails. Not much for the legs, unless you use your legs to do the repetitive movements.  [laugh]

Would it help you to keep fit wash your car weekly?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Just my opinion, only good for burning calories. In terms of fitness, don't think it helps. By fitness, I mean build muscle, strength and improving cardio/vo2max.

• Praise 1

Consider it as ad hoc physical exercise becos only do it alternate month or sometimes, longer intervals.

Cannot do on regular basis becos I spent > an hr each time. Body ache almost everywhere next day. Haha...

Edited by TameDriver

Aiyo, if collecting cardboard is an exercise, what else is not? Lol!

Of course washing car is a good exercise. It involves all the limps and the body perspires a lot. As to how many calories burnt, I wouldn't know!

Edited by Fitvip
  • Praise 1

if you are too lazy to groom your cars yourself, maybe you can check out facebook.com/luminouspolish :) detailing car like coating usually requires proper equipment like polish machine etc to really clean the car thoroughly before application of coat.

post-188700-0-58754600-1505115501_thumb.jpg

Edited by KikiWiYee
  • Dislike 3

Just my opinion, only good for burning calories. In terms of fitness, don't think it helps. By fitness, I mean build muscle, strength and improving cardio/vo2max.

By fitness its better if u rotate the tyre everytime u wash
  • Praise 1

By fitness its better if u rotate the tyre everytime u wash

and 1 hand lift the car, the other hand wash the under carriage. [laugh]

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

A doctor once said 'good exercise' is considered when your heart pumps abt 2 times your normal rate for 15 mins or more, 2 or 3 times a week. If our washing car, gardening, leisure walking do not near achieve that, then it is at best a detox event (from the sweating).

• Praise 1

A doctor once said 'good exercise' is considered when your heart pumps abt 2 times your normal rate for 15 mins or more, 2 or 3 times a week. If our washing car, gardening, leisure walking do not near achieve that, then it is at best a detox event (from the sweating).

So increasing population counted lah
↡ Advertisement