Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
15 replies to this topic | 90 praises

Posted 26 August 2017 - 01:21 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Does washing cars considered an exercise?

You tend to burn cardio by the repetitive movements of your arms, stretching of your waists and your back, because these places tends to get sore and tired after a throughout car washing, polishing and waxing, vacumming and carrying full pails. Not much for the legs, unless you use your legs to do the repetitive movements.  [laugh]

Would it help you to keep fit wash your car weekly?

Tianmo and Doppel praised this
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 26 August 2017 - 01:47 PM

F355
  • F355
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Yes it is good exercise and if you want to double it i can drive mine over for you to wash. 

Jamesc, Ender, Tianmo, RH1667, Doppel, Thaiyotakamli, Kxbc and 2 other members praised this

Posted 26 August 2017 - 03:28 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Just my opinion, only good for burning calories. In terms of fitness, don't think it helps. By fitness, I mean build muscle, strength and improving cardio/vo2max.
Doppel praised this
"You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with." - Jim Rohn

Posted 26 August 2017 - 03:40 PM

TameDriver
  • TameDriver
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Consider it as ad hoc physical exercise becos only do it alternate month or sometimes, longer intervals.
Cannot do on regular basis becos I spent > an hr each time. Body ache almost everywhere next day. Haha...

Edited by TameDriver, 26 August 2017 - 04:06 PM.

Positive people also have negative thoughts,
They just don't let those thoughts grow & destroy them.

Posted 26 August 2017 - 03:45 PM

Digthis1
  • Premium member
    Digthis1
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Wah then those Petrol Station car wash staffs are all Super Sportsmens !!!! wahahahahaa

Posted 26 August 2017 - 04:32 PM

Fitvip
  • Fitvip
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Aiyo, if collecting cardboard is an exercise, what else is not? Lol!

Of course washing car is a good exercise. It involves all the limps and the body perspires a lot. As to how many calories burnt, I wouldn't know!

Edited by Fitvip, 26 August 2017 - 04:38 PM.

RH1667 praised this

Posted 26 August 2017 - 04:41 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

It's a good workout.

Do it regularly if you have the time.

Posted 26 August 2017 - 09:50 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

After a while when your body get used to the routine the workout becomes less effective.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 27 August 2017 - 10:20 AM

UncleAtas
  • UncleAtas
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Even typing is a form of exercise. For the fingers. Those who have stubby fingers should type more..

Refer to signature guidelines

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:38 PM

KikiWiYee
  • KikiWiYee
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

if you are too lazy to groom your cars yourself, maybe you can check out facebook.com/luminouspolish :) detailing car like coating usually requires proper equipment like polish machine etc to really clean the car thoroughly before application of coat.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20953318_684355175098888_8932130899590652278_n.jpg

Edited by KikiWiYee, 11 September 2017 - 03:38 PM.

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:53 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Just my opinion, only good for burning calories. In terms of fitness, don't think it helps. By fitness, I mean build muscle, strength and improving cardio/vo2max.

By fitness its better if u rotate the tyre everytime u wash
Ender praised this
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:28 PM

Kxbc
  • Kxbc
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

By fitness its better if u rotate the tyre everytime u wash

and 1 hand lift the car, the other hand wash the under carriage. [laugh]

Thaiyotakamli praised this

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:12 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Flip the car better, easy to wash [bigcry]
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:50 PM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Flip the car better, easy to wash [bigcry]

no wonder i see a lot of phv vezel flip like turtle! Didnt know they were so busy and rotating tyres on the run....😂😂😂
Thaiyotakamli and Kxbc praised this
Together We stand Alone

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:36 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Hokays...  :psychotic:

37030687992_92782fd31a_o.jpg

:XD:  :XD:  :XD:

Kxbc praised this
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:44 PM

Kxbc
  • Kxbc
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Hokays...  :psychotic:

attachicon.gif37030687992_92782fd31a_o.jpg

:XD:  :XD:  :XD:

please switch hands and make sure each hand get equal amt of exercise.

:XD:

Back to Healthcare & Wellness  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: #washingcars, #exercise and 6 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users